saiger time

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Saiger how much time do you spend cleaning filters, wiping down stuff, cleaning van, maintenance, restocking the van every day?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
all i know is that for all the jobs i do, i seem to have to do about 30-45 min of restocking, refilling, cleaning, everyday. with you being busy enough that we are all kinda jealous i was just curious.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
everytime i get a good one they fizzel out and become unreliable.

HydroDude

Name
JB
Should dedicated at least an hour for maintenance each day, restocking, checking oil, top off fuel, cleaning filters not just lint filters, online system filters...washing van, cleaning out trash etc etc etc. ...I had a check off list for crews to turn in everyday, I inspected each truck before it left the shop either that night or next morning if it wasn't complete they wouldn't get their route...and to motivate gave gift cards each month to however had the best looking rig.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
No wonder.

Who wants to spend 45 minutes every day filling chemical jugs and whipping oil off the TM?

sorry no wiping of oil off this tm, i have one of those new fangdangeled reliable machines from sapphire. hahaa nothing garage built here

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i really dont know what oil your talking about. mine doesnt leak any oil. only when i drain the engine oil out. or change the pump oil, or the blower oil.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had a check off list for crews to turn in everyday, I inspected each truck before it left the shop either that night or next morning if it wasn't complete they wouldn't get their route...and to motivate gave gift cards each month to however had the best looking rig.
I've found it cheaper to just kill them and hire new. Sometimes you have to kill a hostage. :winky:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Then they're not a good one! DOAH
at first they learn alot, learn to clean, and show up all the time ontime, then they make some money and start showing up late, then start calling off, then no showing, 3 no shows and your FIRED

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Saiger how much time do you spend cleaning filters, wiping down stuff, cleaning van, maintenance, restocking the van every day?

End of the day....we are pretty whooped out...

We try to keep wiping things off in the van as the day progresses, but there are sometimes we just can't.....

Each morning we take about 30 minutes to actually do our restock, refill, check everything, and out the door. Just feel fresher to do it then....

Filter bags are replaced (we use disposable) each morning....and of course, if need be during the day, we have extras in the van.

We are pretty well stocked....sometimes over stocked, but the moment you take something off the van it seems you need it that day.....and your 40 miles in the wilderness :dejection:

There are times, we jut purge the vans, and really deep clean them....2 days ago we did that to one of them as we are prepping it for it's new home with my brother Dave Saiger.

HydroDude

Name
JB
There is no way I'd let a filter bag and an unrinsed waste tank sit overnight. ..the smell and all that moisture getting into the blower.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
There is no way I'd let a filter bag and an unrinsed waste tank sit overnight. ..the smell and all that moisture getting into the blower.

Waste filter bag separate from tank in back of van, blower dried and lubed everyday after final job, tank drained every day... Just some advantages of the Butler set up

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, where do you get disposable filter bags for Butlers?

This is where he recommended but I can't remember if he is using the 2-gallon or 5-gallon. ???

http://www.painterdeal.com/filter.html

Yes that's the place, and I use the 5 gallon units.

SB 501

I buy in bulk so I have enough filters for both vans for over a year....

Just nice to take them out and toss them everyday...

If you get into someplace with a lot of heavy debris of something, but put the disposable bag inside a Butler bag....

Or just be aware, they could break apart from heavy...heavy debris....

Maybe have had 3 bags break that I didn't go out and change...was just me being lazy....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom