Sapphire Upholstery Pro

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mines a bit scrapped up on the outside but still holding up and looking good.............

Reactions: FB7777

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I will be spending several days with Mr. Bruders next week and we will discuss the clear head options again I'm sure. I can pretty confidently say they will not be a total change to the clear heads. I doubt there will even be many other distributors that might offer these besides myself and maybe Jim Pemberton. The clear heads are not exact as we seen when I sent hem out free to be tested. The last thing Sapphire needs is people complaining because a elective modification isn't perfect, especially when they were free then imagine when people actually have to pay for it.

We have a pretty good idea at what price point people will pay to replace the heads regularly and what people will be willing to accept as to life expectancy. Now the issues is can they build them for that and will it be worth it. If only a few people like myself or Jim are willing to deal with the few people that are inevitably going to complain that it doesn't fit exactly or that it clouded up in a year then no I don't think they will be made at least not in bulk.

I have offered to pay for a full run of clear just for me, so we will see but that has its own issues such as other distributors that read things here and get there feel bads hurt thinking I have some sort of special privilege.

In the end Fred just buy one. If and when I get clear heads MBers will have first dibs

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Geeze ... always a negative Nancy.
And such drama. We're talking about a plastic shell, a valve, hose and a nozzle for the price of buying an IPhone outright. $529! Jesus, if the fookers want it in clear instead of blue to show cleaning flow and any obstructions in the path, then make it in clear. What's the big deal?

Reactions: A.J.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Art the big deal is the plastic. The blue is going to last a very very long time. The clear, not so much. It isn't a matter of want to it is a matter of can they.

F

FB7777

Thanks John and others for the feedback

I fully expect the plastic to cloud, scratch, and generally get dirty as it is a dirty job we do . high water volume and chemical will inevitably do damage to clear tubes on the rotary tools as well.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The clear tube on the rotarys never last more than a few months before they spider web and implode. I use a Pyrex tube for a site window. I don't see why this would last any longer. I like the idea but I don't like throwing away money. Not all plastics are equal and clear ones just don't last. Even the pool filter which is super heavy only made it a little longer than a year before it cracked.

Gene

Mikey P

Administrator
I got six months of daily use from mine before some cracks appeared around the well nuts.

Its still in use but I don't dare take it apart to get Fred's vagina out of it at this point

I'd upwards of $100 every year fur a new one.

I doubt most if you clean as much upholstery as we do do you may get years of use.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I wish I had one. I know it won't last forever. It's plastic. But it's cool and showing the customer what you are removing is worth it. You can make cool videos for your website and be like the Kirby salesman.

F

FB7777

Pemberton assured me my new Sapphire tool will come with one of these beauties...

image.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

Dear purchaser:
Thank you for purchasing the Sapphire Clear cover. This part is considered a consumable item, it will eventually cloud and/or craze and must be replaced periodically. The use of certain solvents in your cleaning solution may severely shorten its life. In addition, the cover may require minor trimming/tweaking to fit your tool. If these conditions are not acceptable, please return the unused cover and we will cheerfully refund your purchase price!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That's all well and good but I have no desire to be taking things back on a regular basis. The cost of a return is large in proportion to the profit on most items. I know you all love the cover as do I but Legends nor myself or any other distributor is in this for "fun" it absolutely has to make sound financial sense. No one is going to get rich selling $80-100 plastic covers for a $500 tool and having to deal with 1 return for every 10-20 sold makes then unprofitable. Not saying that will happen but it is part of the discussion and algorithm when calculating pricing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You would pay a $100 for a replacement ? Really?

The price of the whole thing is a rip off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom