Shoes of choice whats yours?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay, I have always been a Vans Shoe guy, been wearing since I was smoking in the boys room back in the day. I recently bought another pair and I don't think they lasted 2 months.
I kinda like the Dickies shoe so I went and got a pair....Like TWO weeks the sole looks very heavy duty but it cracked between the lugs where the ball of your foot is. In the inside turned into a mess. Holy Crap my feet were PISSED at me
I need to snap a pic of my latest pair of vans to whole sole is peeling off....it kinda make a little sense as it is where you plant your foot to push wand.
Water, chems, side pressure will put any shoe to the test but what have you guys tried and liked ? Have you tried waterproofing or anything like that ?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Having knee, general cranky-ness, creaky bones, age.........to name a few problems.
Shoes have always been an issue for me. Tried all the famous ones Keen, Merryls, New Ballance etc.
Till I found these: http://www.altrarunning.com/fitness/en/Altra/Men/olympus-men

By far the most comfortable shoes ever!!!
They spoiled me though- Now I can't wear anything else.

Worth every single penny, and then some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P and TConway

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cowboy boots, Ariat or Justin.

If I'm cleaning or working in the yard Asics. I have found I need to put Superfeet insoles in them if I'm walking a lot while working.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Oh and the heavy duty sole on those dicks is like walking on ice not a good sole for wet situations. Its a good thing the seam in my Dickies shorts was better than the soles of there shoes as that was to only thing that kept me from splitting in TWO after stepping over the vac hose to the kitchen lino HOLY CRAP I thought the day was over!!! at that moment

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Having knee, general cranky-ness, creaky bones, age.........to name a few problems.
Shoes have always been an issue for me. Tried all the famous ones Keen, Merryls, New Ballance etc.
Till I found these: http://www.altrarunning.com/fitness/en/Altra/Men/olympus-men

By far the most comfortable shoes ever!!!
They spoiled me though- Now I can't wear anything else.

Worth every single penny, and then some.
I don't mind the price its just the style I have a hard time with, I'm sure i would get used to it and the comfort is probably through the roof.
I can't keep going through 65-75 dollar shoes every other month it just a waste.

Name
George Valliant
walmart shoes. I got a pair of Avia last month on sale for $7.00. when they get dirty i'll toss them and run to walmart again.

I still wear my Vans everday but only around the house when i'm off work.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
best shoes EVER..Ecco...the first time lora suggested I try a pair on I said hell no was I paying $180 for a pair of shoes..now I have 7-8 pairs from dress to casual to 4 different boots. Seriously go to Nordstroms and try a pair on. Best shoes ever and they do not wear out and you wont need to buy insoles. I wont buy another pair of shoes unless I need a pair of nike's to jump in or new Danner hunting boots. Oh and Danners are the shit if you need a pair of hunting boots. Just city boy hiking wear around boots get Ecco's

Reactions: TConway

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've been trying different types of shoes to find a good balance of comfort and long lasting. So far the best for me has been Rockport.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
other than the sole of the shoe...the most important thing to consider is the toe.......
will it leave a mark on a damp carpet if you NEED to get on yor hands and knees for what ever reason....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ask yourself first: do I wana look like a total dork or a relatively well dressed business owner?

And then look at your pants....match your shoes to your pants and DO NOT wear athletic type shoes with normal pants. That's the worst look a salesman can have (and you are a salesman...don't kid yourself)

Try dressing better than your average customer! Shoes are an important part of it... Looking better than your prospect can only help you make a sale and project a confident successful person.

I cringe at the tanktop, short, tennis shoes wearing carpet cleaners...

Get good shoes even if they cost 200 bucks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
do I wana look like a total dork
Zee some of us.......ummm some of you guys don't have a choice....... and nice pants and shoes will be of little help if you're already a dork! :p

If you think I'm speaking about you.....I probably am! :winky:

J/K

Good tip Zee! :icon_cool:

Reactions: Zee

hogjowl

Idiot™
Professionalism
e80b51b90c498e65376ee85c2bbb49c4.jpg

6c45c23e84a045f68242e539a813631c.jpg

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Merrill shoes are my only go to....waterproof,and anti microbial foot bed for that nasty carpet cleaner wet shoe...these are the only shoes ive owned that never smell from steam toe

Name
Steve Lawrence
Rockport Walkers. (15 years) Very comfortable and look good. Do not put shoe polish on these shoes or any shoes that you will use to clean carpets. LOL, or become very proficient at shoe polish removal.

But, cripes, don't spray any footwear with your pre spray!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ask yourself first: do I wana look like a total dork or a relatively well dressed business owner?

Chavez was too shy to ask, so he wanted me to: Please define how a dork looks like.
He....he... he....he'd, .... also like to know what differentiates the common dork from the "total" type?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom