Social Jerks.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sure it's not just me.,

Emails and texts, some with photos, requesting info or quotes for service. I reply, they read what they don't want to hear (no your 1950s shower cant be restored for $85, yes you are correct THAT carpet is NOT cleanable, and find it socially adequate to not reply further.

This anonymous interaction we have now a days has removed the gentle from gentleman and the lady from the women..

Got an email today..

"I am interested in an estimate"..

nothing else.

No reply to my response of " Hello, which of our services would you like to know more about?..."

I dont envy my son.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'm sure it's not just me.,

Emails and texts, some with photos, requesting info or quotes for service. I reply, they read what they don't want to hear (no your 1950s shower cant be restored for $85, yes you are correct THAT carpet is NOT cleanable, and find it socially adequate to not reply further.

This anonymous interaction we have now a days has removed the gentle from gentleman and the lady from the women..

Got an email today..

"I am interested in an estimate"..

nothing else.

No reply to my response of " Hello, which of our services would you like to know more about?..."

I dont envy my son.

I have to agree....and then when you respond back, you don't know if they received the message half the time, or what are they really thinking....

I am getting better at just moving on with them...

Had one from a few days ago in my email, and I responded but still don't know what they have going...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
no one has time anymore and they expect you to be there when "they" want you.

I was the On Call Supervisor this week. I got a call last night for a water loss and told her we could be on site in an hour. She said that long? :eekk:
She called someone else. An hour waz too long for her to wait. :oldrolleyes:

Mammals! :biggrin:

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
Nate W.
I mostly see that with Women....... They like to leave you hanging........ Then get mad when you don't reply........

I just had one the other night, "Hey I'm waiting for you in that school girl uniform you liked soo much, but we'd only have an hour and a half till my husband comes home"................

:shifty:

F

FB7777

I have a growing list of previous customers I no longer will provide service for

Various reasons including, their general poor attitude , failure to make a timely payment, haggling, repeated last minute cancellations and excessive not pick or re service requests

With no interest in growing my business and after 27 years in this, I have rewarded myself the luxury of actually being my own boss

Life is far too short to work for dousche bags and I am absolutely done with selling myself and our services to tire kicking tight wads that demand World class service but expect Third world prices

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
With no interest in growing my business and after 27 years in this, I have rewarded myself the luxury of actually being my own boss

That's the goal of most people who start their own business.

Its only after its "too late" that they find they have exchanged one boss for (insert your total amount of customers here) bosses.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
With a post headline like that, I expected this thread to be going a whole different direction. My bad...you said social, not circle.

Mikey P

Administrator
lets talk about the new wave of Facebook posters who cross post in all these different industry rooms AS WELL AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL PAGE all under the same ID.

and attitude :very_drunk:

ooof!

What a blunder.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I respond to the FB messenger questions like that with something like this.

In order for me to be able to provide you with an accurate quote, I will need more information. I have several questions I need to ask you and I've found it's easier to speak on the phone to gather all this information and answer any other questions you may have. Is there a number and best time I can call or could you call me at....

They usually comply. Everyone wants an accurate quote. I still get those that prefer to do it all via messenger, and I have, but I don't like it.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Create two profiles girlfriend.

Why would someone do that? I'm not being flip, but what a PIA. I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the different groups. Then to have to sign in and out of different profiles to keep tabs on notifications and posts. No thanks.

You on the other hand are Ashley McKendrie with boobs
Not sure if that is to be taken as a complement or not. Only thing I really know about him is his sexual orientation.

F

FB7777

This really is a very relevant topic, I feel for you people trying to navigate towards growth

The impersonal nature of business today is not something I enjoy. And it's only going to increase as the future generation of smartphone drones age into affluence

Had someone send a website request for an estimate while I was on the Vineyard for 3 days. Two days later she sends a second email stating she would never use my company due to not getting back to her

Didn't bother to reply to the second email, figured I'd annoy the entitled bitch even more . LOL

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
This really is a very relevant topic, I feel for you people trying to navigate towards growth

Had someone send a website request for an estimate while I was on the Vineyard for 3 days. Two days later she sends a second email stating she would never use my company due to not getting back to her

Didn't bother to reply to the second email, figured I'd annoy the entitled bitch even more . LOL

I started thinking about these people 6 years ago. Lol

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
..how to give people what they want when they want it; save them time both theirs and wasting yours and empowering both ends of the opportunity stick with completion.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm happier giving my customers what I want them to want.

Very few of us need Fred's lost customer either. Not worth the future drama.

Reactions: FB7777

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm on the other end of this. I respond to every message, Facebook Private Message, Text Messages, and even those emailing saying just 4 words, "I need an estimate."

I usually ask for their phone number to call if the quote is to large to type up, plus I'd rather try selling it over the phone. Or I'll give them a quote and tell them to book it online when they are ready. If you don't respond to Facebook messages fast enough, Facebook turns off an icon on your page that shows your active and respond quickly.

I see a lot of companies here advertising to just text for a quote. I would hate to just get text messages. These people are more than likely just price comparing and aren't interested in what you really provide. I learned my lesson when not responding to an email asking for a quote, and the potential customer blew us up on review sites saying we don't answer our phones, respond to quotes, etc. Even though I never had 1 voicemail from them. It's a tough crowd out there.

steve_64

I dont take any of it personally.

I have a saying. Dont trust the text.

That goes for any electronic communications.

I try and reply but dont sweat it when it doesnt work out. If they cant call they arent to serious.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I always thought of a text (in this context - no pun intended) as a start to a conversation. I met a guy a couple of months ago at a trade show in DC and thought about the concept of combining texting and completion. We are partnering on a test with www.trytextmarketing.com if you are interested in seeing how his stuff works... type carpets to 33733. My thought was when they see the adv for your company and text the number, they would text to start the conversation and automatically fire back and advise they can acquire pricing and booking by a follow up automated text pointing them to online booking. You could place the adv on your van as it sits in the driveway for all the nosey neighbors to see and while driving. You could also place a simple sign somewhere in the ground at the jobs you do. Not sure how that is going to work. What do you folks think? I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts? Are any of you doing this already?

Reactions: WillS
Back
Top Bottom