Squeak, Squeak, Squeak goes the Butler front pulleys....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Squeak, Squeak, Squeak goes the Butler front pulleys....

I should know better...and I am getting smarter to look....

Last year it happened on my newest unit, so thought it was the pulley bearing starting to go....

I ordered all new pulleys...only to find out....they were all good, but I replaced them anyway....

AND then I find the belts were actually the main culprit!

So, if you have a direct drive and a pulley squeak starts up....Check your belts first....

2015-07-26 12.50.11.jpg
2015-07-26 12.50.18.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I replaced all the little pulleys................replaced the alternator...............then switched to that green line sepentine belt. Problem solved. It's 120 inches long but when it stretches 1/2 inch it starts to squeak.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Hey Mark, you're an old sledder, do you wash your belts in warm soapy water prior to installation? Removes manufacturing residue and provides better gription according to those in the know.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Mark, you're an old sledder, do you wash your belts in warm soapy water prior to installation? Removes manufacturing residue and provides better gription according to those in the know.

You know...of course racing we did....

Guess I didn't even think about it doing this :lol:

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Must be month of squeaks...I am experiencing a rotational squeak..either water pump bearing...or PTO clutch bearing...got a new clutch..gonna start there..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom