Administrator
Jeepers..

20151003_081327.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is that in a basement or garage?

or is crappy flaking/worn painted concrete "trendy" in weirdoville Ca?

oxy-queen to gwt the "musty" garage smell out??

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shine your trusty UV light on it to see if it fluoresces.

It almost looks like an optical brightener from a laundry detergent.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Grandpa fell asleep after Sunday dinner and soiled himself. It always feels awkward when you have to wake them up.

Mikey P

Administrator
What we got is me trying to be a hero.

Red Gatorade on rayon valour.

Applied cti Red One, dwell for twenty minutes then PC fine fabric shampood and cti Last Step rinse.

Looked perfect for 30 hours..
Then the periwinkle discoloration showed up.

According to Pemberton the fire retardant Ticking on the down filled bagged cushion set this off..

When I.told Davis today about it he daid he hates that Red One as it never stops working..
Jim has seen the same thing but news to me. I think I'm going back to the Sapphire one part if they still offer it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What we got is me trying to be a hero.

Red Gatorade on rayon valour.

Applied cti Red One, dwell for twenty minutes then PC fine fabric shampood and cti Last Step rinse.

Looked perfect for 30 hours..
Then the periwinkle discoloration showed up.

According to Pemberton the fire retardant Ticking on the down filled bagged cushion set this off..

When I.told Davis today about it he daid he hates that Red One as it never stops working..
Jim has seen the same thing but news to me. I think I'm going back to the Sapphire one part if they still offer it.

To be clear, the ticking used to wrap the down MAY be the culprit.

The long lasting effect of the red dye remover could have done it all by itself. I've seen this caused by brands other than CTI's product, so be cautious with any red dye remover when you might choose to use it on natural fibers.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jim if it were coming from the ticking, could a cleaner wrap the core in plastic and then proceed with processing the cushion or once the solution is used you are somewhat screwed?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim if it were coming from the ticking, could a cleaner wrap the core in plastic and then proceed with processing the cushion or once the solution is used you are somewhat screwed?

Someone is screwed from the moment the furniture is purchased. The materials in the flame retardant used on the ticking off gas into the fabric and can start to discolor it while its still at the furniture store.

Moisture from humidity, and of course from cleaning, simply accelerates/reveals the pre-existing condition.

Its sort of like the virus that makes people zombies in "The Walking Dead". They already have it, but it doesn't take them over until they are killed.

Mike's situation is just a "perfect storm" of bad things happening at once:

Rayon is one of least dye fast fibers even when just exposed to light, yet alone cleaning agents, yet alone reducing agents.

The red dye removers with which I'm familiar all seem to be very difficult to rinse from a textile, so they "keep working" even when you think they are "gone"

The ticking around down feathers may have this type of flame retardant and may have contributed to the problem as well, or it could have happened either way.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone Mike; its a good "cautionary tale".

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I see lots of faded color from sunlight, wear and just oxidation within the household in general.

Exactly.

So now imagine you add a product that is made to decolorize dye and that defies rinsing......

When I put protector on fabrics where red dye remover has been applied, it never works. I understand that's the residue of the surfactant, but that's also what's "holding onto" the reducing agent.

A student here diligently worked to remove a small dye bleed stain from a piece of silk I use for training. It came out great, and two weeks later I saw color loss where he used the product. It had been rinsed repeatedly after he applied the red dye remover, but obviously the residue was/is still there.

Just like Sergeant Esterhaus would say to the policemen on "Hill Street Blues"

"Let's be careful out there..."

CTI Courtney

Name
Courtney Rodseth
Its really hard, again without having seen anything of the couch or the stain... I honestly don't know if there is a cure. I've not seen anything that would reverse the discoloration for the fire retardant that didn't destroy the fiber.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"Desk Jockey" likes everything any woman who posts here says.

So, don't think you're special.

Of course, you may actually BE special, but all that aside, Taco will kiss up to you no matter if you are or you aren't.
All women are special and I like them all.:biggrin:

You Porkchop on the other hand can KMA...twice! :lol:

Fooker! :angry:

Talk about an ambush....I need warning. Pm me a week ahead of time so I know what's coming. Text me that day so I will be prepared. Bitch! :pig:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom