Tell us about your Christmas plans..

Mikey P

Administrator
What with both holidays landing in the middle of the week it sure messes up demand for work.

I foresee a real dead week between the two.

Paula and I are going to Carson City Nevada on Christmas day, coming back New Years eve. Going to go land, rental, property shopping..
My Coit brother comes in today for a 4 day visit.

Other than that I may get the kids a sack of walnuts or something.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thank you.
Ever since we were first married, and I started my business, I have always worked half a day on Christmas Eve and then spent the afternoon and evening with her family. Since her Dad is still living, we will do that again this year.

We also have always woke up on Christmas morning and had our family gift giving and then loaded up and driven an hour to my parents house for the rest of the day. With the death of my Dad this summer, and my Mom years ago, this will be our first time to spend the entire day at home.

My oldest daughter is married with four children. They will be at her husbands parents Christmas Day. My Son and youngest Daughter will be here and spend the day with us. My wife has lunch planned. My son, who is an excellent cook, will be outside on the grill while my wife and daughter are in the kitchen (where women belong) and I will be napping in my recliner.

It will be a good day to celebrate our Saviors birth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're crazy busy with fire & mold. We will only take Christmas off and plan to work Friday & all day Saturday. Same plans for the following week.

My mothers for Christmas eve and the kids come here for Christmas.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
My wives sisters are coming over for dinner and my son is flying in from NC for the week.
Business will be slow I think.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Phones have been cold and dead for the past couple weeks. Few jobs yet this week and next, but that's the way it is sometimes.

We have been preparing for 30 people to be here Christmas eve and Christmas day. :eekk:

Lot's of food, lot's of family of all ages and looking forward to it actually.

Some drink to go with the food, micro brew tasting eventually in the shop....

The get together in the shop we all talk about and look at the carpet cleaning equipment and talk about things we are working on with our equipment.

2 of the girls were over today making cookies and such with Shari...

I was out in the shop putting away a shipment from October, cleaning up the shop,

Mounted new Seal-A-Door brackets in the other van and changed up side mount brackets to the Seal-A-Door version (love them)

And....we have to get ready to leave for Florida Jan 1 and be gone 3 weeks!

Lot's to do....lot's of potential fun!:rockon:

2014-12-21141955_zps14e91829.jpg

2014-12-21150526_zps0c29a2bb.jpg

2014-12-21150744_zps1d2dcc05.jpg

2014-12-21150910_zps5dbcae73.jpg

2014-12-21181230_zps47d24189.jpg

2014-12-21184507_zps51f7dd37.jpg

2014-12-21184544_zpsc42717b7.jpg

2014-12-21184634_zps5f5d9705.jpg

New Seal-A-Doors and mounting brackets as Christmas presents for my Brothers and family :rockon:

2014-12-21125924_zps6aba2a71.jpg

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Working till Christmas eve in the morning. See some friends that evening. Christmas day drive to San Jose, back to work on Friday. Need a few days off. My truck is thrashed and I'm tried. Tm needs some TLC after this last run.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
We will be busy the next three weeks (stopping early on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve to attend worship services, entertain friends and family at our home. eat, drink and be Merry) on VCT strip & refinish of 9 large buildings mostly hallways, YMCA Preschool carpet, a hardwood refinish job (still locking down), a nice sized Tile & Grout Restroom, and a dozen or so resi carpets booked.

We end the year as a lion and start the year as a lion, no lamb or spam for now.

Most importantly, very thankful for everything that could easily be taken away in seconds!

I remember the days when I first started almost 10 years ago in this business, I could have only hoped to have this much winter work in a two month period or longer.

My first goal of 2015 is to make it to April, then we celebrate our 10 year anniversary in business which we started with no customers. Mikey fest will be part of that celebration.

As we all know to be a business owner in the last 10 years or even have the guts to start a business in that period you probably are considered crazy; most have failed due to the economy, but the strong have remained through very hard work, sleepless nights, as well as education and countless support from this thing called a Mikey's Board!

With all of this in mind, we are also grateful for entering into this crazy and exciting business, finding the right co-workers, marketing to the right customers, as well as the forging of the friendships we have found along the way.

Thank you all for being a part and heres to a great new year for all of us, CHEERS!

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Christmas eve at noon we're going over to my grandmothers for a family lunch for my mom's side of the family. My grandmother(who I had lived with) is finally retiring at the end of the year. She has worked at the same place for 45 years. While I lived with her and helped with expenses, she stacked away extra money in retirement and she'll be better off in retirement than she was when she was working. I made a promise to my grandfather a few days before he died that I would make sure she would retire comfortably, it's the least I could do since the both helped raise me along with my dad. Even if that meant putting my life on hold - I think anyone else would do the same.

We'll do Christmas gifts for the little guy on Christmas eve as well because he is going to his mom's Christmas eve night. I'm running out of hiding places. He believes in Santa but he also knows that daddy likes to help Santa out as well and so do other family members. He is 4 this year and very excited and I cannot wait to see his little face light up. We're also going over to my girlfriend's parents house to have dinner and a gift opening too.

Christmas day we'll go over to my grandparents house on dad's side and do gift opening and a lunch. My dad will be on the road both days since he is a truck driver. It really sucks dad not being home for the holidays. At some point in the next week or so we'll make our way over to my dad's house to open gifts as well.

As a Christmas gift to myself I paid off the student loan debt that I've acquired so far. A few months ago I finished a bachelors degree in business that I walked away from several years ago. I have 10 months left till I receive my Associate degree in my current program, and I'm rocking a 4.0 GPA. I'm on a two week break from school and I am going to take the time to ramp up local marketing and some things for carpet cleaners too. But more importantly I am going to take some time to spend with family. Between business and school I've been putting 70-80 hour weeks for a year straight and I'm mentally drained. 2014 was a great year and my goal is to make 2015 even better, business, personal wise, and for others.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - blessings and good health for you and yours in the coming year!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Hoody....that is a great story. Congrats on all your achievements. You should be proud of yourself. I'm sure your Dad and Grandparents are.

We have a couple of jobs today and tomorrow. It's our typical schedule for this time of year. We will be on the quieter side from now till spring. We do save up and prepare for the slower times.

The holiday will be quiet. We've already celebrated with my side of the family when everyone was in town. We will be at our house. Step daughter will come over Xmas eve and then we will have the craziness of a 5 and 7 year old on Christmas morning. Got them a really cool off road buggy/atv this year to ride around the property. They didn't ask for it so it will be a huge surprise and we can't wait to see their reaction. Brunch at John's brother's place with his side of the family and then dinner for Christmas at our place. Making my favorite dinner...standing prime rib roast!!!

Kids have off all next week, so will be trying to keep them busy....and drinking a lot of wine!

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Simple plans going to my girlfriends house with her family on Christmas eve and then I'm cooking a dinner for my daughters and Grand kids Christmas day. Have two small jobs to and two tomorrow and then hopefully off until monad and that's my Grandsons birthday and the 31st is my Girlfriends birthday. So I will be busy. Hopefully no water jobs come in!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We are done at noon on Christmas Eve. Going to candlelight service and then dinner at my son's.
Christmas day is our family in the morning then my mom's with all our family for the evening.
We are working a modified schedule on Friday as needed. Several employees off and the office is officially closed.
Saturday going to my wife's family for some food and time at the gun range. Went to Gander mountain last week to stock up.
New years week are booking full as possible. Those that might be slow will do shop clean, organize and truck detailing. Early out New years and closed New Years day.

Karen and I are cruising in February and attending a gathering of our industries finest in April.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Big extended family, about 50 of us always meet at my aunt's house and look at old pictures.

The old pictures from the 70's are hilarious!
ohhhh the clothes.....

Reactions: Art Kelley

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Last job for the week this afternoon getting the bunk house cleaned while the single cowboys go visit their families for Christmas. Just a few CC jobs on the books for next week. Very slow time of the year. Just finished a big water loss and waiting on a call for a fire job that my gut says to run from. 4 families living in one small house.

Christmas day I told Mr. Wendy I would go to the Movies with him. We have no family or kids this year. Movies are way down on my list of things I enjoy. I can nap for free at home.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can nap for free at home.
:lol:

Maybe you'll be busy at that fire. :winky:

We started a new packout this AM. We will work today and tomorrow and get back at it Friday & Saturday. We have other guys working a commercial fire Friday & Saturday and the duct crew working Friday-Sunday. Its nutz here but we have to hit it while we can.

Reactions: amygeorge

steve_64

i use to sleep soooo good at the movies! then i started this business and im not so sleep deprived anymore.

tomorrow (christmas eve) at genny's moms with her family then christmas day at my moms with my family.
genny has two boys and thier girlfriends and her mom. i have two girls their boyfriends my mom and my brother.

gennys brother doesnt speak to her mom anymore, falling out after her dad died. otherwise we have very similar families. its kinda strange actually, how similar our lives have been.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Been pretty busy here. One more tiny job tomorrow morning, then buying a couple more gifts. Kids will open gifts Christmas morning, followed by lunch at our place with inlaws then dinner an my folks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Christmas day we'll go over to my grandparents house on dad's side and do gift opening and a lunch. My dad will be on the road both days since he is a truck driver. It really sucks dad not being home for the holidays. At some point in the next week or so we'll make our way over to my dad's house to open gifts as well.

Correction - my dad made it home for Christmas. He surprised me this morning and didn't tell anyone he was coming home. It is going to be a wonderful Christmas!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well, we ate a lot.....and we had a lot of people....over 30 people each day.....

We are a bit whooped out, but it was all good!

Gave my Brothers there new Seal-A-Doors and brackets....and it was one of the funnest moments :)

The looks on their faces and the excitement was epic :)

Our Cousin Glen Reck from Grand Forks, No. Dakota couldn't make it, but we have his Seal-A-Door on the way to him with the brothers.

Me and my Brothers :) (me on the Left, Kirk Saiger-center, Dave Saiger- Right)

2014-12-25154819_zps1822ac01.jpg

My Dad also a former cleaner

2014-12-25154351_zps43622b33.jpg

Some of the Brothers sons in the shop with us....

2014-12-25154345_zpsa68a4920.jpg

Grandon Logan with Superman Shirt like Grandpa's today
2014-12-25110308_zpsffe90d70.jpg

He was a young man of many outfits today though....had to play Santa first for the day and hand out gifts (2 years old)
2014-12-25094134_zpsea18efc9.jpg

Super Santa!
2014-12-25094339_zpsf4d9abc4.jpg

And playing with a drum my mom got him that he opened up last night

2014-12-25094438_zps69aa3351.jpg

He also LOVES trains.....
2014-12-25104413_zpsb6ebd77b.jpg

2014-12-25104357_zps3976d946.jpg

2014-12-25104342_zpsf6dad1f7.jpg

Me and the pups laying around by the fireplace while the kids and family opened up gifts....

2014-12-24195402_zps142f1be8.jpg

And photobomb by the Grandson....Kid Cracks me up!!!
2014-12-24194522_zps79749002.jpg

And his dad (our Son in Law Aron) pulled his shirt up and the kid was "The Great Cornholio"

2014-12-24175959_zps9c0c5a5a.jpg

2014-12-24180039_zps9a0d8a9c.jpg

So as I said, we are tired, we are thankful.....and happy they are all making it home safe and sound :)

And tomorrow, I am going out to clean up a church that the Live Nativity scene Donkey misbehaved and made a mess.....Bless You Donkey!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom