Shorty Glanville
What is the iicrca ??

Sounds like someones irked.

:yoda:

PS:: I shan't be there, goodnight.

Actually, for me, good morning @ 12:13

Mikey P

Administrator
Its a new show that is being held twice this year.
Each show is being held two weeks after The Experience shows.

Tony Wheelright's attempt at teaching Larry Cooper a lesson, in other words.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know that I totally understand it. If someone attends the RIA convention, they have their own program & trade show. So is the IICRCA after or is it at the same time, same RIA's trade show?

If it is combined it will do good just since the RIA show has been one of the most well attended events in recent years.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Vendors are complaining about high booth costs, dates and no outside space for truckmounts.
Yea that would suck but I guess you have to weigh that against the larger attendance??? I think they would need something for the truck mounts. You've proven that's what attendee what to see and play with.

I loved it in Aptos where you could walk up to each TM, look it over, talk with the rep and then later even use it. That was really cool! :cool:

Mikey P

Administrator
The RIA show is at Mandalay Bay.

The ISSA joint show is at the Hilton/LVH. Which strangely enough, is not where the ISSA show is.

It's frustrating to me to see the division in this tiny industry.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A guy connected with Brand Ex picking out one word of hype? :icon_razz: Mikey, you might find you'd fit in just fine with IICRCA. We're not nearly as slick and professional as you think. :icon_twisted:

I agree it is sad to see the division in the industry. That's why IICRCA was formed. It's a Council of Associations intended to put member's best interests ahead of individual's personal profit. Three former ICRA associations just agreed to sign up, so the IICRCA now represents 23 industry organizations, well on the way to bringing everyone back together. Those that want to go their own way can, but they can't honestly point at anyone else as the reason for industry divisiveness.

Hope you guys going to the Experience have a great time. Mikey's obviously made a difference there.

BTW: The IICRCA is supporting the RIA show by enlarging the tradeshow area and bringing in Certified Firms and trade associations.

RIA registration numbers are ahead of where they were last year when they had 852. At last check IICRCA has 200+ paid registrants and I'd guess we'll get more, so we'll do OK at this show too. We're giving Certified Firms half of their registration fee back to spend with exhibitors, so the exhibitors will also do OK.

The RIA conference is the main education, with a discount being offered to IICRC Certified Firms. Go to the restorationindustry.org website to learn more.

The trade show is a joint event. $99 to get into both tradeshows, which includes lunch each day. There will also be CEC seminars being put on in the tradeshow area, so a pretty good program for the money. Follow the link Mikey posted or go to IICRCA.org to learn more.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I hope you have a good show.

I know how hard you've worked for other events in the past with the CCINW.

I agree with Lee....you wear the white hat in these dramas.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are a lot of good guys in this industry Lee. Most that create problems are just scuffling to make money or to get attention, and when you're scuffling ethics become more flexible. Internet communication is fine, but I think just about eveyone would do better to get out and meet others. Most of the differences and hard feelings go away when you sit at the same table a while.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
I've met Ralph.

Which pretty much blows a hole in THAT theory!
Marty look again at Bryan's post and note the disclaimers that may apply:
There are a lot of good guys in this industry Lee. Most that create problems are just scuffling to make money or to get attention, and when you're scuffling ethics become more flexible. Internet communication is fine, but I think just about eveyone would do better to get out and meet others. Most of the differences and hard feelings go away when you sit at the same table a while.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom