The Hicks house burns last night (Big Bear Cleaning)

Name
Steve Lawrence
Oh man, that's terrible. So sorry for the Hicks family. Hope everyone is alright.

Mark, I don't see anything about it on that link.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I can't image how hard that would be. Thoughts and prayers
We all can help

Reactions: Erik

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A fire in our cleaning business cost my parents everything they owned in 1971. I don't know how they got through it. I was 12 and its like it was yesterday.

My heart goes out to the Hicks family....including the children who are probably feeling so scared and helpless.

If anyone knows them here, please find out how we can help. Its easy to say "I hope they ask"....but maybe they won't unless we find out how to offer.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
One of the worst feelings... My parents also lost everything when I was 7yo in a shop fire including customers rugs and belongings.... My sister husband pasted away (wrongful death, medical screwup) and then her house burnt to the ground 2 days before this past Christmas.... She has 3 little boys... She ran back in the burning house to save her oldest, who didn't make it out....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nate I'm so sorry...I see you and I both understand how the Hicks' children must feel.

The home and business stuff can be replaced. The feelings of safety and security of the children have a longer healing process. I hope those that know them send our best wishes and comfort along.

Does anyone have contact information for them?

Reactions: Nate The Great

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Here is a link to their website - http://bigbearfloorcare.com/

It has the contact information. People all safe. Pets safe. truck safe. But house a total loss. Estimates from 6 month to a year to get it rebuilt.

Seems insurance will cover much but never covers everything. They can rebuild a house but they can't rebuild a home. Memories lost. Sense of security shattered.

Billy

Name
BH
Thanks everyone we are all ok but we did lose all our fish & of course the house appears to be a total loss now.

We are staying in our travel trailer temporarily which is very different when not on vacation . Work is at a stand still while we deal with house stuff.

People that know us know it is very hard for us to ask for help so after A few kept asking Audra to set up a bank fund she did. Someone else set up a go fund me.

We actually just started catching up on sleep sorry I haven't been here sooner. I don't currently have a laptop so just using phone for now.

This is probably the most traumatic thing that we have been thru. We actually have no experience with fire so thanks to a some friends we are learning fast how the process works.

Thanks again I'll try to check back but best way to contact is thru Audra now.

Billy

PS Audra is trying to keep up with all the Facebook post as well as phone calls but it isn't easy so please don't take offense if she misses anyone. It definitely isn't on purpose.

Simple daily task are no longer simple for us.

Last edited:

Billy

Name
BH
Update: we are under contract on a new house finally. Business is slowly getting back to normal.

Lost most everything but will rebuild & Most important thing is family is intact. Audra said our 25th anniversary is supposed to be a milestone but we are starting over.

Thanks to everyone that thought about us.

Billy Hicks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 323

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That's a good looking house.

All the best on your "reset button time" in this game of life.

Mike Draper

Thats really something I cant imgaine going through. Hope all goes well for you in the rebuild. Did they find out how the fire started?

Billy

Name
BH
Thats really something I cant imgaine going through. Hope all goes well for you in the rebuild. Did they find out how the fire started?

Thanks Mike

We decided not to rebuild house so had to find new house for fresh start but are under contract on a very nice one now.

The fire was believed to be caused by electrical.

We lost everything accept a little in basement & as well insured as we thought we were our contents still maxed out very early Loosing a large amount of contents without enough coverage. Didn't ever imagine we had so much in the house. We will slowly replace stuff though as we can. Will be sparse on furniture, some business equipment etc for quite awhile but it could be worse.

Thanks again to everyone that thought about us.

Reactions: Mikey P and KevinL

Billy

Name
BH
I hope you guys bounce back better than ever. Good Luck.
Thanks Kevin

We definitely will bounce back we never just give up. We started with nothing 25yrs - 8 days ago so time for fresh start again. We have experience now at least .

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Billy

Name
BH
Well guys after everything that has happen since the fire we have retired from Floor Care so no more jokes about our low hrs but I'm sure someone else will take my spot.
Starting over has changed our priorities, goals for sure

Good luck to all!

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well guys after everything that has happen since the fire we have retired from Floor Care so no more jokes about our low hrs but I'm sure someone else will take my spot.

Good luck to all!

Best wishes for a bright future for you and your family Billy.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks Kevin

We definitely will bounce back we never just give up. We started with nothing 25yrs - 8 days ago so time for fresh start again. We have experience now at least .

Good luck to all!

So what are you going to do in your new life?

Billy

Name
BH
Thanks everyone we feel good about our future & this decision wasn't taken lightly.

So what are you going to do in your new life?

Audra has become a realtor which is something she has wanted to do for many years but she couldn't because of Big Bear Floor Care.

We as a family are helping Christopher with his technology path.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom