Administrator
Watch this Video

emailblast3-26-15.jpg

View the full program on our web site at www.experiencetheevents.com

Exhibition Hours are:

Monday, April 27th 4:00 – 7:30 pm
Tuesday, April 28th 3:00 – 6:00 pm

Wednesday, April 29th 12:00 – 3:00 pm

(Exhibition hours are subject to change)

Don't miss your chance to see, try out and learn about all of the latest and most advanced equipment, tools and procedures available in our industry today. You don't want to miss this Trade Show!

REGISTER TODAY!

Register for CONFERENCE AND TRADE SHOW:

ICRA or FLARS Member: $149.00

EARLY REGISTRATION - on or before April 3, 2015: $179.00

Register After April 3, 2015: $199.00

*Full registration includes: 1 Reception, 1 Beach Party, breaks, all hands-on education, conference materials and exhibition pass for all three days.

Can't attend the Conference but want to attend the Exhibition? ATTEND THE EXHIBITION FOR ONLY $10.00

The Experience Conference and Exhibition will be at the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort, Clearwater Beach, FL so be sure to book your hotel rooms NOW! Special Deluxe Room Rates. $165 per Night (single or double)

To make your reservations, call the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort at

800-753-3954 or make reservations online at www.experiencetheevents.com

REGISTER TODAY!

Call 888-881-1001 x 12, or online at

www.experiencetheevents.com

Reactions: Mark Saiger

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You know, I guess I get a little irked that it is presented (at least in the advertising) as if women in the industry can only be as part of a team with a man. I realize there aren't many women owner/ops who work alone or with female helpers, but now that there are glides and rotary tools, we should be encouraging women to enter the industry in their own right, not just as part of a partnership with their husband/father/brother.

A lot of women would make fantastic cleaners and business owners and would have an easier relationship with residential clients. It also offers the flexibility many women need as they balance career and family.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Desk Jockey
J

JS41035

I think they are addressing the fact that most Owner Operaters are small businesses. Usually a married couple. I agree that women need to be represented better in this industry. The contribution they make is very understated. The quickest way to introduce more women IMO is by encouraging wives to be more vocal about the contribution they make to the success of the business. My wife is the reason we are successful. And I don't mean that in a stereotypical " behind every successful man" kind of way.
She is the guiding hand, implementer, and much of the time the decision maker in our business. I suspect a lot of other CC companies are they same way. Getting those women involved more publicly would drastically improve the presence woman have in the CC industry.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You're welcome to come sit on the panel dear..
I think they are addressing the fact that most Owner Operaters are small businesses. Usually a married couple. I agree that women need to be represented better in this industry. The contribution they make is very understated. The quickest way to introduce more women IMO is by encouraging wives to be more vocal about the contribution they make to the success of the business. My wife is the reason we are successful. And I don't mean that in a stereotypical " behind every successful man" kind of way.
She is the guiding hand, implementer, and much of the time the decision maker in our business. I suspect a lot of other CC companies are they same way. Getting those women involved more publicly would drastically improve the presence woman have in the CC industry.

Women are not understated, they are under represented.

Oh there are thousands and thousands of them that run the office, do the books, even help with the cleaning.....but few that are the sole owners of the business and the main operator. We need more. They can do it and they would be great at it.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

Will you come stay at the house and squeeze bladders, dispense meds and run GGs?

I need an intern....or a clone.

it's just presented in the advertising as if that is the only role for women in the industry....as a partner with a man.

Take care,
Lisa

J

JS41035

[QUOTE

it's just presented in the advertising as if that is the only role for women in the industry....as a partner with a man.

[/QUOTE]
I think it just addresses the fact that the vast majority of the people in this industry are married. And that success is easier if the spouse is on board.
And I don't see how a business that is essentially managed and ran by a woman ,with a husband acting mainly as a cleaning tech, is any different than a single woman running a business that employs a male tech. I guess everyone has a bias. But getting these women to speak is a fantastic step towards better representation.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB

I was going to say the same thing. I'd love to have Lisa up there next to me! We need to get Amy Lorance up there too!!!

Lisa, I get your point, but let's face it, these types of events are casting a wide net and trying to appeal to the majority. How many WOMEN owned and OPERATED (meaning on the truck) are really out there? And how may of them can take the time off to come to MikeyFest? As much as this would be a very interesting session, it wouldn't resonate with many who are attending.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom