the Savannah Express conundrum

Mikey P

Administrator
Try and find a new GMC cargo van right now...

Industries alot larger than ours that are built around that van platform are gobbling them up as fast as they come off the production line.

The times are a changing...

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i had a hard time getting one last year but dealer in chicago has them all the time

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Got one last year with a slider door and a pro-1200.
But that doesn't help now, does it?

And since my name ain't Chavez I got the 6.0 engine. Damn gas guzzler. I like it, so far.
Ofer, how's the pro-1200 holding up? How many hours on it? How's the heat? My 03 is getting long in the tooth at 10.4K hours but she still looks and works great. I'm in uncharted waters though, operating a DD van this long and it causes me some anxiety coming into another busy year. Still, without any rust after 12 salty winters, it's worth it to me to keep repairing it and go another 5 or more years instead of buying a new setup.

Attachments

• van 001.JPG
    van 001.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Art,
The machine is doing great. I never put many hours on my machines. Currently (I haven't really looked) it has about 300 hours.
The heat is great, don't know what it is at the wand or for that matter at the machine, but the water is very hot and steam comes out.
So far I am very happy with it.
Got to go to work.

Reactions: Art Kelley

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I understand they've added a line at the van plant to handle building the new mid-sized trucks, but they don't have enough employees, so if the truck is selling well, and is more profitable, van building is going to suffer.

Always hard to find GM vans this time of year though as the dealers try to clear out their on-lot stock. We found that if we want a truck by the first of May we can order in January, February or March 17th and none will arrive before the first of May.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, the shortage is taking it's toll. My Chevy dealer, who usually bends over backwards to help me, is not willing to come off the price one cent on new vans. I'm beginning to think it's not meant for me to purchase new right now.

Anybody got a low mileage used to sell?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What unit would you like to sell to Marty?
If he were in my market area, any that suited his needs. For all the teasing he gets here, he's a good customer and very easy to talk to and to do business with. But because of the distance, I'd refer him to his local distributor(s).

Sorry Dan, nothing outside of my region where my service department can support it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
300 hours? I took you for a go-getter...
Lee.............my friend.
And I very much hope I am not the first one to break the news to to you.
It ain't how many hours (the 300 was in about 7 months) you put on the machine. It is about how much money you earn with these hours.

And who for Nimrod's sake gave you the idea that I am a go getter? :winky:

J

JS41035

Man I hate the swing doors on my WM. Very irritating.

J

JS41035

Try and find a new GMC cargo van right now...

Industries alot larger than ours that are built around that van platform are gobbling them up as fast as they come off the production line.

The times are a changing...
I'm selling an 08 2500 right now. It's crazy I've never had so many calls from an ad. The resale is very solid on these right now.

Reactions: Mikey P

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Get a seven year old one in 2021. With low miles, it will be like new. We have an 04 ranger with 40K miles and it is like new. These trucks and vans are 100 times better than twenty years ago when they were rusty junk in seven years.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
J

JS41035

16 people called in 2 days. Maybe I was to cheap. Kind of a shame selling it. But I'm going the DD route

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 406

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom