the tools you could not live with out..

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim Martin's minimalist 570 set up has me thinking about my next truck and what I REALLY need room for..
Aside from hoses and a wand, what do you really need?

My list:

Upholstery tool
Multi spray and extra jug
Rotary extractor
vacuum cleaner with attachments
Grooming rake
10" CRB
four or five spotters
3 pre sprays
2 rinses
2 boosters
protector
HF
quart pump up
two or 3 fans
tarps
corner guards
tool box
rags and bin
tabs and blocks
UV light
Moisture probe
repair kit of sorts
Booties
Skidders
3 gallon bucket
Hose hooks
Yardsticks

for tile

Spinner
flat mop and extra micro heads
Hard floor wand
hand tool
brushes
grout repair kit

What am I forgetting?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'd say your pretty spot on, most of that small stuff can fit right in a spotting bag.

Measuring device or two, wheel and laser. Maybe a stair tool, just in case...

If doing tile or wood I generally know before hand. I don't bring it with on a daily basis.

Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mike, I think I remember you being opposed to the stair tool?

Honest question. What do you do at the bottom of so many stairways and landings where you just don't have room to properly flush the entire tread?

Beefy upholstery/stair hand tool (Butler/PMF)?

I use my stair tool every day and love the results and efficiency I get with it. Most commercial buildings would be cleaned with a wand.

Hasn't Ron sent you the Seal-a-door?

It's THAT good.

Reactions: sealcanvas

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mike, I think I remember you being opposed to the stair tool?

For me it's a trade off. Do I want to use my 4-5" stair tool(prochem) and make 50 strokes per stair or do I wanna tear apart my rotator cuff using the wand(pcti) and be done in half the time.
I generally pick the wand... I'd like to find a 10-12" stair tool with 2" tube.

Honest question. What do you do at the bottom of so many stairways and landings where you just don't have room to properly flush the entire tread?

Use a stair tool. lol!:icon_razz: Or a hose cuff.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
once I figured out the best and most efficient way to set this truck up........

P9290963_zpsua0jofzs.jpg

PA020967_zpsx1nqz8ec.jpg

it can now carry and do everything this truck can.......

10896932_10204509170461855_5118009223187052619_n_zpsrvptqqpt.jpg

10891786_10204509171581883_5558713953872699316_n_zpsly7m8qk8.jpg

the only difference between both of these set ups is that I carry larger quantity in the bigger one....but both trucks can do the exact same thing......and it is so much easier to work out of this one...

P2120104_zpsvj5brm8p.jpg

that I am seriously..seriously ..thinking about selling this one ...

PA050096_zpstbuoxdwx.jpg

and mirroring the van set up with another 570......

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You might want your set up to have a fresh water tank if the cold weather is an issue.....IF....

But a Zipper could be a nice touch....and a heat exchanger :biggrin:

Roof mount brackets for the Seal-A-Door

(and get a couple different versions of the 10" brushes for your CRB)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't carry more in my box truck except for the water. I went to a box because as I get older it's easier to do maintenance. I have access completely around it. It's also a rolling billboard. I get more walk ups and people commenting on how they see me in the neighborhood all the time so they called. I also gravitate to a larger machine and they get to hot in a van. The cross ventilation solved that problem completely and this engine still runs like new at 17000 hrs. Part of that's the a15 but the other is the low temperature of the air around it. I'll stick with the box. Could not be happier with the decision

Gene

Reactions: ronbeatty and Askal
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hand held steamer-red out chem
Zipper
Grandi Brush
Kraft Traffic paper roll
Basic tools (hammers, etc LOL)
Door sock or Seal a Door
Tons of towels, rags

Reactions: sealcanvas

Mike Draper

you forgot the edge tool, i use mine alot, especially when folks have wax on the edge of the carpet. We clean alot of rat nasty apartments and the cleaning lady's never vac edges. Theres always a bunch of shit in the edges. There is no way I cold ever fit my stuff in a van. I see the van as a necessity in big city's, but here it unproductive for me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Carpet Cleaning is almost to the point it has out grown the standard van. I think you need to look at one of these dudes, get a Sapphire 570 setup and a fresh water tank and you'd still have plenty of room.

Plus you have the separation from heat and odor of the machine and yet it still drives and handles more like a van, than a box truck.

http://supremecorp.com/truck-bodies/spartan-cargo/

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Carpet Cleaning is almost to the point it has out grown the standard van. I think you need to look at one of these dudes, get a Sapphire 570 setup and a fresh water tank and you'd still have plenty of room.

Plus you have the separation from heat and odor of the machine and yet it still drives and handles more like a van, than a box truck.

I was kicking my self for not finding a truck like that when I got the 570..........but after I figured out a good set up I was more then happy with the van...

That being said....if you do a ton of services and/or have to carry water..then you will be better off with that type of truck....

the cab over I have is nice...lots and lots of room....but not necessary......

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Looks very practical!

Except for the fact that I can't jam it in a custy's garage when it's 20 below zero....I get in trouble with you guys when I run my rig in the garage though. ;-)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That being said....if you do a ton of services and/or have to carry water..then you will be better off with that type of truck....
I must say I was generalizing too much.

You are right, a truck like that is only needed if you offer multiple services that require you to carry several machines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom