Thinking about getting a console tank?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well, I would advise against it!:madd: You have to do a lot of work just to change the belts and get to the first hx'er!
1425230051813.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
You have to remove both driver and passenger seats, remove the dog house, unbolt and move the water tank.. PITA!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes.. I had to move everything to get to the bolts for the blower. . Since I have everything out I'm going to clean the hx'er and change the valve cover gasket, look for loose bolts/rubbing hoses, make sure no wires are rubbing ect. (I don't want to do this again for a while! !).

Able 1

Name
Keith
I ended up on Sunday taking everything out of my van and I took it to a do it yourself car wash to pressure wash it out(the owner of said carwash watched my every move lol). I covered the starter and alternator with bags and soaked it down with Judson's Gossh while waiting in line.. Four hours later I thought I should start it up to make sure it was ready for my 9am on Monday. Well..

It would only run in the override position and bog down with the vac port covered! :eekk:

I let my heat blow in the door all night at 70degrees thinking something got wet that shouldn't have.

In the morning it was doing the same thing. I looked around and saw that there was a relay that was hanging that was supposed to be mounted to a bolt on one of the gauges. I just ran up to Auto Zone and got a new one for $10.. I was on time for my 9am(keeping up with my near perfect record)! :winky:

Reactions: JS41035

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Looks like it's been crudded up longer than just your one pressure-washing - you washed off all the gunk that was holding it together! :icon_razz:

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom