thinking of stripping a floor with the cimex

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Have any of you stripped using a cimex? I see that they make stripping pads and think the weight of the head on the cimex would be awesome for stripping.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
Have any of you stripped using a cimex? I see that they make stripping pads and think the weight of the head on the cimex would be awesome for stripping.

I know the machine weighs a ton, but how much pressure is actually on the pads?

I'd "guess" it's much less than a 100 pnd rotary, no??

..L.T.A.

Fred Homan

What is an alternative for weights for the Cimex? Over $300.00 is too much!
Don't you think? :shock: They suggest 40lbs, 20lbs on each side...It is not too much.

Mike Draper

Talk to floorguy - Doug Payne. He strips a lot of floors with many different machines including the cimex

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i used it once to strip a floor. afterwards i remember thinking a standard 20" low speed would have been faster. i cant recall why, this was 6 years ago.

but it did the job. i cut some black pads down to 8" diameter for it.

TimP

Excellent supply sells a BURP pad (build up removal pad), it scrubs very well. The cimex weighs 105 lbs and is equivalent of 360 rpms because of the planetary drive. It weighs even more if you fill up the tank, I think it holds at least 5 gallons for 40 lbs. I think the weight should be just fine for 3 8" pads making contact on the floor.

I've only used the cimex to strip floors cause I don't own a 175. I use spartan emulsifier plus to strip with and the floor stripped very quickly with dwell time. The nice thing is you don't have to balance the machine and you can even let it go. You can strip the floor in one pass, I always went over it twice and gravity fed the floor with stripper but that was just me.

Just so you know the Cimex was invented to strip VCT floors. We are talking at about VCT floors right???

Fred Homan

Did a job with Ricks pads and the weight was not enough on the Cimex. Could have used that 40lbs.....

TimP

Fred Homan said:
Did a job with Ricks pads and the weight was not enough on the Cimex. Could have used that 40lbs.....

Did it strip with a 175 better?

Like I said my experience is that it stripped quickly. But I did have the extra 40+ lbs.

FyreLyter

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Dillon
Found this old thread here while searching for my answer... But alas... I still need to ask something.

I'm probably going to pick up a cimex for a 20k sq ft strip job I have coming up next month. I've got 175's but I want production with a thorough strip. There's multiple (tons!!!) of wax buildup from the customer just waxing over their floor and dirt for several years on a monthly basis. I'll be using my 175's for detail around the edges I think.

My question is have any of you used grit brushes instead of stripping pads with the cimex? I've got black stripping grit brushes for my 175's that work well, and I mainly use them because these stores have so much finish built up they load the pads up so fast.

Thanks for your help.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm no stripping expert, but I've used the grit brushes to strip a few times in conjunction with the 3M black pads.

Sounds like your nightmare will need both.

Good luck Steve!!!

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Found this old thread here while searching for my answer... But alas... I still need to ask something.

I'm probably going to pick up a cimex for a 20k sq ft strip job I have coming up next month. I've got 175's but I want production with a thorough strip. There's multiple (tons!!!) of wax buildup from the customer just waxing over their floor and dirt for several years on a monthly basis. I'll be using my 175's for detail around the edges I think.

My question is have any of you used grit brushes instead of stripping pads with the cimex? I've got black stripping grit brushes for my 175's that work well, and I mainly use them because these stores have so much finish built up they load the pads up so fast.

Thanks for your help.
Have you tried the 3m High productivity pads? The are very aggressive with a open mesh. They are designed for floors with heavy buildup.
They still will build up but it will take much longer before it happens. You can flush the pad in a sink and keep using it.

J

JS41035

Rent a propane powered stripper. Same principle as a Cimex with counter rotating brushes. It will destroy a Cimex as far as production is concerned.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Cimex solution tank weight is on the WHEELS not the pads.

In my experience a 175 or higher speed (300) buffer with solution tank and shower feed head will do a great job. The shower feed tends to unclog the pad.

Of course in this case the tank weight WILL be on the disc.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'd never seen one until the other day. My supplier has one now for renting. I helped unload it from the van. Heavy beast. He said this one is really for stripping not carpets.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom