Those annoying small wick backs..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sure, we all know you superheros never have spots reappear on you but for you lesser mortals who some times don't get it all out and don't have the time to go back to blot it up...

Consider adding something like this to your website or blog to email to the customer who calls in.

Yet another great way to capture emails too

That's what we tell them too... But a lot of them are not patient.

Thankfully not a lot of call backs, but the ones that do happen are a pain.

We just go with a smile and bottle of stronger peroxide :)

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
I think it's very well done and something we will try to explain to many of our clients. However; 3% peroxide is also very beneficial at removing stains from natural fibers slowly and carefully if we can teach our customers to be patient. I would like to borrow some of your article and add a few suggestions for our clients. We're always trying to help our clients get the best results and if we get over jealous with Stain Magic and heat we almost always pull some color on natural fibers (sometimes that's what it takes), but we try to explain to customers that we want to stop while there is a hint of the stain remaining because by the time we get 100% out it will be lighter than the rest of the carpet. This article would be helpful for us to explain how they can safely proceed further.
Below are a few other suggestions I would add if you were trying to help them remove some tough stains;
Peroxide works effectively on organic stains like; juice, tea, coffee, wine, etc... most anything natural that we or our pets can consume. In addition it works well on anything animals excrete like, urine, feces and vomit. It doesn't work on synthetic food coloring that's found in many soft drinks and it doesn't work well on grease and oil.
Yes it can bleach wool, so test in an inconspicuous place first. You can cut out a piece of heavy paper to protect the surrounding carpet. (this would be better with a picture of us doing it)
You can remove some very difficult stains if you repeat the application daily, especially in the sun ( it about triples the effectiveness of the peroxide)
Never rub or agitate, let the peroxide do the work.

I believe our websites can explain in detail how we can educate and help our clients because they can read if they want the education.
Keep it up Mikey P.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Why not just solve the problem on the initial visit? Here is the technique that we discovered years ago. It works!

Here's a copy of my little trick for eliminating spill stains...

Make sure you're following these steps TO THE LETTER, and your spots WILL NOT return. How can I be so certain of this? It's because we have cleaned millions upon millions of square feet (miles) of carpet and have treated an unimaginable number of spill stains with this technique --- and it works.

TAKE YOUR TIME. And follow these steps carefully:

1. When approaching a spill stain, isolate the stain and thoroughly scrub the carpet surrounding the stain with the encapsulation detergent, leaving the stain untouched. DON'T SCRUB THE SPOT - LEAVE IT DRY.

2. Next, aggressively scrub dry passes over the spot. Criss-cross the scrubber back and forth over the stain and continue to scrub continuously for a full minute or two.

We don't want to get the area wet with any additional detergent. This way, the spot is being aggressively cleaned with minimal moisture.

This is not a totally dry scrub; moisture is captured from the surrounding area and is drawn across the spot as the scrubber criss-crosses back and forth over the stain. However, the moisture is being kept to an absolute minimum.

By scrubbing for a full minute or two, the spill stain is receiving an extremely thorough scrubbing.

3. Prepare a spray bottle of a good crystallizing encapsulation detergent (i.e. Releasit) and mix the spray bottle 50/50 with water and detergent. This is an exceptionally effective spill stain remedy.

After scrubbing the spot thoroughly as described above, spray the spot with a few squirts of the encapsulation stain mixture.

4. The final step is to make one final quick dry pass over the treated spot with the scrubber to work the concentrated encapsulator down into the fiber. Now the spot won't return!

This trick for eliminating recurring spill stains transformed our carpet cleaning business. It enabled us to sell "Spot Free" cleaning to our commercial clients. Our customers LOVE it, since nobody has ever been able to remove them as effectively before. The only time we have a problem is when one of our technicians cuts corners and spends less time than they he should have. If they don't spend at least a full minute or two DRY scrubbing each individual spot first - the process is not gonna work.

These steps WILL work for you, providing that they are followed very carefully. In your case, I'd suggest going back and really take plenty of time on each spot, I'm 100% certain that you can eliminate them, because everybody is successful with this procedure for removing recurring spill stains.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Sure, we all know you superheros never have spots reappear on you but for you lesser mortals who some times don't get it all out and don't have the time to go back to blot it up...

Consider adding something like this to your website or blog to email to the customer who calls in.

Yet another great way to capture emails too

You spelled variety wrong. I wouldn't say anything, but it's your business website.

Take care,
Lisa

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
I agree Ricks method should work for commercial that we encapsulate, which I'm totally on board about. But residentially speaking we uncover old spills without knowing they are there and sometimes a spill that we know of may wick up afterward. WE use Roto vac360s, and pre-spray all carpet wall to wall. I'm convinced that since most 89.00 cleaners barely wet out a carpet fiber or pre-spray that many stains have never been removed or diluted to any degree and we find them after a thorough flushing of the carpet. I will say prevention will help and if my technicians follow our spill treatment procedure exactly, a known spill will not resurface either.
Our spill treatment;
Apply appropriate spotting agent.
Agitate gently
Allow to dwell
Rinse
Inspect-If spot is not completely removed we will use other stain removal procedures until spot is gone or it's determined that it is permanent. ( There are very few permanent stains on synthetic carpet).
Dry with airmover or airpath while cleaning other areas.
If spot shows signs of wicking back up we will use Re-Leasit, and give it a slight additional rinse and re-dry it.

Most call backs for wicking are unknown hidden spots or technicians not following the proper procedure.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom