Truckmount Vortex

Expert

2001 Nissan UD 1400 with 115k miles
Vortex (Aerotech manufacturing) 720 with #6 Blower and 3008 low hours. Vacuum and solution hoses included.
Nothing wrong with truck or machine. Always maintained.
Waste tanks was upgraded a few years ago to one that is much easier to clean out.

Only reason for selling is that the truck will not meet CA emissions requirements in the coming year or two.

Please call, text or e-mail if you are interested.
This is a very cost effective machine to run and maintain, at a great price. 100K new!
Still very eye catching. Parked indoors.

Truckmount Vortex

Mikey P

Administrator
it would appear they've fine tuned the rules since I last looked.

I imagine my 2004 UD will fall into this area
Are there any other flexibility options I can use?
Yes, there are a number of compliance extensions for individual trucks within a fleet that can extend the
compliance date for low mileage work trucks, agricultural vehicles, vehicles that are operated in certain
areas with cleaner air, and low use vehicles. Vehicle owners must meet the eligibility criteria and report
by certain deadlines to use these flexibility options.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I don't remember the low mileage exemption off hand but is was very low like 2000 or something. As I have been searching for a new setup this was a killer for my plans as well... You can replace the motor by your end if life date but the truck wouldn't be worth it.

Hence why I now have a totally new build idea.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Engine Model Year Schedule for Lighter Trucks

Engine Year 2010 Replacement Date
1995 and older January 1, 2015

1996 January 1, 2016

1997 January 1, 2017

1998 January 1, 2018

1999 January 1, 2019

2003 and older January 1, 2020

2004-2006 January 1, 2021

2007-2009 January 1, 2023

J

JS41035

If have an op machine in a Prius if I could live in Cali. Highway 1 was the most beautiful place I've seen in my life.

Reactions: Dan
J

JS41035

Well what I saw was amazing. As the youngest of 5 it was the first trip I've ever taken with just me and my Dad. That drive down 1 and then back up to San Fran by dark was one of the best memories so far in my life. Plus getting to nerd out for 2 days on CC stuff.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
damn lee take your kids for a drive once in a while, won't ya!

they (for the moment just justin as we don't know the rest of your clan) seem to like you for some reason and want to spend time with you.

J

JS41035

Haha We did some trips. Big ford vans with a load of redheads. We went everywhere with him. I can remember pre spraying when I was 6. But flying across the country one on one is a rare thing.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
What is the GVWR for the Nissan 1400 Vortex? the regulations are for trucks over 14000 GVWR. I cant check my GVWR because I'm "home" on "vacation" in Thailand again. The harshest regulations are for Heavier Trucks.. I think my 2003/04 vortex is good until 2021-2023.

I too was trying to sell my vortex for same reason for the past two years-- although I wasn't putting too much effort into the sell--- AND BOY AM I GLAD I DIDNT SELL IT!! I felt like I was trying to sell my Child!

I had to take the Vortex out of "retirement" because 1 van has been in shop for nearly 2 months n other was hit by a Taxi. I retired the V because of parking issues in San Francisco..

I forgot how great this machine is to work with. very reliable, very powerful and it dries and cleans carpets in half the time. I think I'm going to cut 3-4 feet off the rear to make it easier to park in SF.

I think I'm going to investigate about moving the entire V and Box to newer chassis since my V was refurbished by Areotech in 2010.

Have any of you CA V owners looked into doing anything like this? --- about 2 years ago AT said they were not interested moving box to new Chassis-- maybe things will change if they know about this issue?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
What is the GVWR for the Nissan 1400 Vortex? the regulations are for trucks over 14000 GVWR. I cant check my GVWR because I'm "home" on "vacation" in Thailand again. The harshest regulations are for Heavier Trucks.. I think my 2003/04 vortex is good until 2021-2023.

I too was trying to sell my vortex for same reason for the past two years-- although I wasn't putting too much effort into the sell--- AND BOY AM I GLAD I DIDNT SELL IT!! I felt like I was trying to sell my Child!

I had to take the Vortex out of "retirement" because 1 van has been in shop for nearly 2 months n other was hit by a Taxi. I retired the V because of parking issues in San Francisco..

I forgot how great this machine is to work with. very reliable, very powerful and it dries and cleans carpets in half the time. I think I'm going to cut 3-4 feet off the rear to make it easier to park in SF.

I think I'm going to investigate about moving the entire V and Box to newer chassis since my V was refurbished by Areotech in 2010.

Have any of you CA V owners looked into doing anything like this? --- about 2 years ago AT said they were not interested moving box to new Chassis-- maybe things will change if they know about this issue?

I'm thinking they are 14,250, could be 14,500.

Reactions: Papa John

Expert

From the pamphlets I get with my registration, I understood that starting January 2015 I would not be compliant. Looking closer at the CARB attachments, I may have been OK until 2020?
Keep me away from Pelosi regardless. I did sell the unit. The CDS 4.8 is working the best for our growing company. I am glad to have moved the noisy beast and I am now looking to order another CDS. Thanks all for your comments. I need to be more active on the boards.

Reactions: Dan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom