Truckmounts banned from usage in Aspen

Have you ever been told to shut down your truck now because of noise pollution?

• Total voters

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
After 7 PM truck mounts are not allowed. How do we get around this and do the job and less time?

Set up time for both machines from Load in to beginning of pre-spray 30 minutes. 2 techs.

What takes a truck mount 18 hours Dwell Pro can do in 10 hours.

What does your second technician do while you work? Or vice versa…

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
All things being equal they would both clean in the same amount of time. Are you saying the setup would take longer. We run two zippers at the same and would take 9 hrs for a true 18 hr job. The truth is it would probably take much less.. We just did a 12k office with tons of cubicles in 5 1/2 hrs. Just short of 300 gals of water used. Not Ron volumne but the max the pump and hose can push. I can't imagine doing it with a portable just not enough water heat and vacuum. You have to find a place to dump and it's not always easy. We had two drains less than 20 ft away.

Gene

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Once in 30 years. Housing community. I told them to complain to their neighbors about scheduling work at 8 am.

Reactions: jcooper

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
IMHO---- Please tell me how a porty with only 2 vac motors-- in series for that matter. can even clean faster then a porty w 2 vac motors in Parallel let alone a TM? I would like to see "at wand" readings for the CFM and water lift.

I'm "drilling" you because I was in the market for an ETM and Mickey suggested the Dwell 1.- but now, most likely will just be adding an Air Hog to my M-5.

BTW your porty looks easy to service and maneuver.

Reactions: Dan

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
After 7 PM truck mounts are not allowed. How do we get around this and do the job and less time?

Set up time for both machines from Load in to beginning of pre-spray 30 minutes. 2 techs.

What takes a truck mount 18 hours Dwell Pro can do in 10 hours.

What does your second technician do while you work? Or vice versa…

What are the specs of that machine?

CFM?

Inches of lift?

Does it have heat?

I think I know about that pump but just for the record GPH and pressure?

So you can run it non-stop with a pump out to a sewer?

Thanks

Looks like a nice account to have.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Darn I thought it was some of our BB "rockers" putting on a concert in Aspen...

Did you mean BANNED?

I would think that with proper silencers the noise could be managed. I know cleaners getting angry reaction to excessive noise after 10pm when cleaning restaurants adjacent to residential areas.

Reactions: Shorty

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The dwell 1 is designed for function and ease of use and is not made to "look" like a typical portable because it ISNT. Papa being in San Fran you will love the machine for your offices/condos. Pull up in your transit. Wheel it down the ramp and into the elevator and away you go. Its what I would. Your profit margin would go through the roof compared to trying to find parking, setting up ramps for the hoses etc etc etc. Your time will be cut by 2/3rds or more. will beat the M5 for ease of use as well. Hands down the best option for commercial and high rise cleaning. With it's one board power box it makes it easy to run your rotary's as well too. Oh and since you the 179 was just increased yesterday you can right it off as a capital purchase!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

I agree with just about everything you said. but I'd like to see some at end of hose readings w 50ft hose, 100ft hose-- maybe to 200 ft hose. if it can even go that far?

I'm told the Dwell 1 is more powerful then M5 because no waste tank-- sounds logical

but 1 1/2" hoses vs 2" hoses and motors in series has me doubtful.-- I notices that my M5 leaves behind more water when I use a 15ft 1 1/2" hose vs 30 ft 2" vac hose.-- possibly demonstrating the importance of Air flow.

The auto fill and auto dump is great but I already have that on my M5.

I would like to go farther then 50-75ft without a booster-- For me-- 100ft for the M5 isn't strong enough.

My 1st impressions of the Dwell were: Wow looks easy to transport, open design reminds me of the vortex, looks easy to service and set-up--- but the motor and hose issue is holding me back until I see some readings.

Maybe make a "commercial soft surfaces only" version and save some "electrical Juice" and having a smaller pump (400-500 psi) and adding another Vac motor?

I need a faster way to porty clean these high rise offices; and the best way to do that is with longer hose runs.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Twice, once with my Big Red when the blower was making a racket after the gears had blown a little, after the rebuild. It was also at about 10pm in a residential area.
And once with the CanAm, working on a holiday Monday, neighbours trying to have a quiet day

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
All things being equal they would both clean in the same amount of time. Are you saying the setup would take longer. We run two zippers at the same and would take 9 hrs for a true 18 hr job. The truth is it would probably take much less.. We just did a 12k office with tons of cubicles in 5 1/2 hrs. Just short of 300 gals of water used. Not Ron volumne but the max the pump and hose can push. I can't imagine doing it with a portable just not enough water heat and vacuum. You have to find a place to dump and it's not always easy. We had two drains less than 20 ft away.

Gene

How do you pre-spray? The machine I use has a built-in pre-spray that simultaneously can be used. If you unhook or stop zipper wanding to pre-spray then please subtract that amount of time. Do you need to go get gasoline for your truck during the job? Please subtract for that amount of time.
There is no filling or emptying with this machine. It is always plugged into its water source and discharge basin.
Water heaters keep up just fine. I understand the thought that there's no way it can happen but it does easily. When cleaning carpets we are not using as much water as you do when you shower.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
IMHO---- Please tell me how a porty with only 2 vac motors-- in series for that matter. can even clean faster then a porty w 2 vac motors in Parallel let alone a TM? I would like to see "at wand" readings for the CFM and water lift.

I use CFR wands. Forward motion roller wands. Most people I've spoken to really don't like these ones. I'm not sure why? They are very easy on your body when using and they pick up over 90% of the water put down.

I'm "drilling" you because I was in the market for an ETM and Mickey suggested the Dwell 1.- but now, most likely will just be adding an Air Hog to my M-5.

BTW your porty looks easy to service and maneuver.

The machine is very simple. It's built to last for pretty much ever.

You tell me what kind of test you want and I'll shoot a video of it.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
What are the specs of that machine?

CFM?

Inches of lift?

Does it have heat?

I think I know about that pump but just for the record GPH and pressure?

So you can run it non-stop with a pump out to a sewer?

Thanks

Looks like a nice account to have.
1500 psi with an old SX-7 head, 2.5 pump out, CFM & Lift? To be debated. I would like to put it in respected hands for this test. The machine does not have heat. When cleaning with a wand, normal house water heaters keep up just fine. How hot does it need to be?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I do not have the gauge. How can I purchase one? Also where do I get the tools to test CFM?

I don't have access to any other machines but mine. I will happily go to Denver and rent one from interlink and test side-by-side.
John had one at SCS but I guess he didn't test it at all…

New 6.6 motor just came in. It is feeling very powerful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
The machine is very simple. It's built to last for pretty much ever.

You tell me what kind of test you want and I'll shoot a video of it.
Check out Dwell Pro on YouTube. You will see efficient cleaning methods that are not used anywhere else.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Everybody loves their machine. I can auto dump also and I carry 200 gallons so I don't have to hook up a water source or a dump. Whatever floats you boat. Your clearly very excited about you machine and that's great. Just a little heads up. You need water to clean and the dirtier the carpet the more water you need. The hotter the water the more efficient it is at removing soil,obviously up to a point. The more water the better vacuum you need to keep up or more dry passes. If it works for you great, more power to you.

Gene

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
The fact of the matter is your pictured method of cleaning cost well over 60 K. Correct me if I'm wrong…

Not only am I excited about this machine people who don't have 60 K but know how to work hard are. They are now in the same boat you float my friend.
I'm not trying to sell you my machine I'm selling it to the people who want your job.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Merry Chrismas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom