upholstery tool

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that is so hard. Its like asking which is the best wand.

Personally we carry two tools in our upholstery totes. The Prochem for massive flushing and the Sapphire for better control and faster drying of special care fabrics. We own a bunch of other but those are the two used regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The Pro Chem tool is also good to strengthen the muscles.
Hammer in the occasional nail.
And like any open spray tool, the client will appreciate the fact that you also cleaned the floors.
It is hard on the wrist. There are tools that would be easier in that regard.

You can get a much cheaper open spray head tool. Particularly, if it is used rarely. Though it will not be as hardy and durable as the PC tool.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That tool is built to last forever. Easy valve repair, love the bypass valve too. You can get super heated water when necessary.
Yes overspray is an issue and the weight is heavy but still like the design.

They should make one with the same design in titanium!
:biggrin:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Sent back the SS pro cuz it's not good on detail. Prefer PMF internal jet.

I love my PMF internal jet upholstery tool and always have it ready on a job. It's 30 years old, built like a tank, and can outdetail any tool, as well as pick up large pieces of debris on cushions and platform. I used it on outdoor furniture full of spiderwebs and boogers on a job this week; no prevac just prespray the boogers and clean with the PMF tool. I wouldn't do that with one of the modern sheerdry tools I have. My favorite tool for upholstery is the Sapphire Scientific UpholsteryPro. I have the Rotovac ShearDry also but replaced it's head with a clear head SS UpholsteryPro because the ShearDry is a sloppy mess in use.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Have 3 upholstery tools on the vans....have the old realiable Prochem with glides, the Sapphire Scentific, and the Rotovac Shear dry....

Love all 3 in their respective uses and places...

Have really been using my Shear Dry the most lately....

Like how it details and handles, but as others have said....time and place for all of them...

and the smaller the tool, the more personal choices there are going to be....

Reactions: Art Kelley

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I love my tools, carry 3 + in the van.

Each is preferred for a different use.

Still have my original DM, (not in the van), but sold the second one, the big black pos.

Maybe the newer upgraded one is better & has less screws to undo for maintenance??

In order of most used.

Used to be SS, but MyteeDry is now well used on most average sized furniture

I have not had any snagging problems that others have mentioned.

For large flat work & mattress, I always use my HydroKinetic, too heavy & awkward for Delia, but I find it very comfortable and easy to use.

I also have a small box with several small detailing tools as well as a couple of drape tools which, although in the van, are rarely used.

:yoda:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For detail work and pricing, nothing beats the internal jet PMF tool.
For production and ease of use- the SS tool.

Mikey P

Administrator
Whats all in there Rich?

2015-10-09_11-57-47_741_zpszedyfsfp-jpg.7447.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Richard,
Definitely a nice touch and I am sure makes for better cleaning.

What do you use the "slim handi" brush for?
Is the electric Multisprayer Spray worth it?. Beside the cost, I always had difficulty not getting these things broken. It is definitely nice and gives more even coverage (especially with protectors). However, unless there's a large job, I find the regular hand sprayer or the quart one with the hand pump, to be more practical.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That slim brush is my favorite brush.I saw Jim Pemberton use it in his Nashville seminar at Mikeyfest. I've loved it ever since. It get in those hard to reach cracks & crevices too. Great for office chairs where lint & debris gets trapped in by the arms and is difficult to remove

The MultiSprayer is awesome. Very durable, I think they are worth every penny. Looks more professional and delivers consistant spray.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The idea about the tote is great and I'm sure it pays off in both productivity and quality of work.
When I grow up and once I get rid of my last portable, I am afraid I will no longer have an excuse (not enough space) and need to make one.
Nice touch.

I take it, the PC tool seconds as a hummer for your small restoration jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom