vac relief

hydracat

I don't think my vac relief has ever opened ever. If I put my hand over the vac it wants to move but dosent open. Am I missing something?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
What kind of machine do you run? If the relief isn't stuck (you can push on the spring and make it move freely) then the fact that it doesn't open on it's own when you cover the vac inlet suggests you have leaks somewhere else letting enough air in already. A common leak point is the waste tank lid seal.

And the relief doesn't physically move all that much when in operation, in terms of shaft movement. It's basically just a controlled leak.

When you cover the vac inlet, how high does your vacuum gauge go?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Do you have a gauge? What is it doing when you cover the vac? If it is going over 14-15 inches it may be adjusted to tight and if that's not the case it just may be stuck or broken. If the gauge isn't going up (assuming it works) maybe your blower belt is to loose or the blower is worn to the point it just won't pull a high vac.

Mike Draper

It could be a couple things. 1: your relief valve is set to high, needs to be set at 13-14.5. 2: your motor is not strong enough to pull the HG's in your blower to the lift of 13-14.5hg.

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You can check to see if it is working by plugging vac port and then take ( I used a biz card) and place it over the holes to see if it would stay in place, It is not going to move a ton, as it only has to open very little to give the relief if you are getting anywhere close to the relief point say 14 hg. with wand on carpet. If it is not working no matter what tm and ALL seals are good WASTE tank it will lug motor way down and may even start to give you belt slippage.
If it is on top of waste tank use a piece of plastic baggie this way you can see if it is getting sucked down into the little holes or not.
I was shocked as when I tested mine it was ALWAYS leaking so I tightened the spring to help it seal better, but if I block my vac port it will climb to @ 16 hg but I never get that on the Legend with wand on the carpet blower just cant pull enough air on the average carpet hoovers around 10-12 hg. CGD gives me about 14-15 hg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom