VARIO 2

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The VARIO 2 is now in the house, and I think we have done something special with it. We showed the prototype at The Experience Show last month on Clearwater Beach.

The new machine comes with an onboard spray system, including a 4 gallon tank and 120 psi pump and wide pattern spray jet. It also comes with a removable 10 pound deck weight to add some extra grip to the scrubbing when it's needed.

She's a beauty! and priced right too!!!

Here's the link... http://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-2-Orbital-Scrubber-SS-with-Spray-System_p_757.html

vario-affordable.gif

vario-2.png

Name
John
I have a crb already.... Would this vario be better then a cimex or not??? Was looking at buying a cimex next but I don't know.. Sell me one way or another....

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
My first love is still the Cimex. I feel the Cimex can't be beaten for commercial work. Nothing plows through large commercial jobs quite like a Cimex machine. For big jobs and high production the Cimex is king!

On the other hand, the VARIO crosses over into some areas that the Cimex doesn't get to. The VARIO can be used for straight encap cleaning. But it can also be used for pad/bonnet cleaning too. That's a nice mix. And it handles both modes of cleaning really well. The VARIO can also cross over into residential better than the Cimex. The machine is light and agile enough for a woman to use (we have a female carpet cleaning owner/operator who has 2 of the first versions of the VARIO and she loves them). You can read her review on the VARIO page... http://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-2-Orbital-Scrubber_p_563.html

There's room for the Cimex and the VARIO; as well as our BrushEncap CRB machine in the low moisture arsenal. All 3 machines work great with their different approaches to VLM cleaning. They're all excellent tools!

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Would you like someone here to try it out and give an unbiased opinion? I am available and willing and looking to buy one at this great price.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Rick, in the interest of all AUSTRALIAN & other carpet cleaners that use 220/240 volt equipment, if you would like to convert a Vario to the required electrical output and send it down, I'd be only too happy to give the readers an unbiased opinion of this brilliantly engineered piece of fantastic equipment. :winky: :very_drunk: :winky:

:yoda:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hi Shorty,

We've looked into a 220 volt option. There is an added cost factor to adding 220 volt motors. The 220 motors will add a couple hundred dollars to the price. We also need to commit to buying 10 motors to order them. But as you can see, the machine is pretty fairly priced as it is. A 220 volt unit is something we will likely be approaching in the not too distant future. Line up 10 customers Down Under and we'll make it happen ;)

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I know I waited for a reason! Was going to get one last year. Hey, Rick....free shipping like the Cimex??

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Rick......would this include the model with the "removeable" sprayer? I want to buy a battery sprayer, and the removable sprayer on the earlier version would be just the ticket.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The new VARIO-2 with the onboard spray system is replacing the original version. But we still have all the parts in stock for the original design. So if you still want to order a VARIO-1 we could build one for you. Give us a call 800-330-1888, or shoot me a message if you're interested.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Last year's model is like last year's cell phone or tablet. It's been updated. :winky: Unlike last year's cell phone though, we still have the parts for the old model, so we could still build one for you.

However if we were to build it, the new one would include the updated rear end of the Vario 2. So to answer your question we don't have a price in place for a hybrid machine. But we could build one custom for you. My suggestion would be to give us a call and we can give you a quote if it's something that you're interested in.

Last edited:

grizzley

Name
Tim
I understand you can pick from a handful of paint colors. That's kind of nice.
well, in johns defense since he cant come here anymore.......on straight encapping, the grumpy's speed is close to double of a cimex, and even more on the standard 3/8 orbit machines. The eracer is even more than that- with an even higher price tag. The extra production is worth something.......but those machines are geared for commercial only, and imo struggle in residential or small commercial applications.
i wish you would of came out with that vario 2 a month or two ago Rick. I just bought another OP and would have chosen the vario if it had a built on spray system.

Reactions: Mikey P

grizzley

Name
Tim
He's too busy burning bridges........But seriously, just got awarded 23,000 sq ft of open hallways in an assisted living place. My largest job to date. The good thing is the owner has multiple sister sites throughout the state and has peaked an interest in using us for all of them. In this instance, vlm is the only way, and was demanded by the owner because of security measures they have in place. All work must be done at night, and must be dry by the morning, with minimal interference and noise.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
..on straight encapping, the grumpy's speed is close to double of a cimex, and even more on the standard 3/8 orbit machines. The eracer is even more than that- with an even higher price tag. The extra production is worth something........

Bullsheet..... If I can purchase 2 (as in two) Cimexes for the price of one of John's machines, than I should be comparing the production rate of two Cimexes against one OP.

Reactions: GreenTechAgain
Name
Nate W.
Bullsheet..... If I can purchase 2 (as in two) Cimexes for the price of one of John's machines, than I should be comparing the production rate of two Cimexes against one OP.

But there is a big difference between the Cimex and OP.... At least with OP you can remove some of the soil, the Cimex you can't as efficiently without dicking around with changing tuway pads...

It's apples to oranges your trying to compare.... Production rates are one thing, as long as the playing field is even.... I'd compare it with 2 Vario's but you don't get the higher speed cleaning offered on "The Marty"....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But there is a big difference between the Cimex and OP.... At least with OP you can remove some of the soil, the Cimex you can't as efficiently without dicking around with changing tuway pads...
Yes and no.

You can't see the difference but I personally feel more comfortable anytime its more than average soiling to go to pads for better removal. Light to moderate soiling we encap with the Cimex.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

It's apples to oranges your trying to compare.... Production rates are one thing, as long as the playing field is even.... I'd compare it with 2 Vario's but you don't get the higher speed cleaning offered on "The Marty"....

No Nate, I wasn't trying to compare them. Above, they were compared and I pointed out the obvious.

I've done hundreds of thousands of sqft with both Cimex and and OP. I'm also aware that we do remove a lot more dirt with OP compared to straight encapping. I love both methods. I just don't see why they are being compared.... Doc, John is right where there is more labor cost but the bottom line still should be better with the two Cimexes.

Name
Nate W.
Yes and no.

You can't see the difference but I personally feel more comfortable anytime its more than average soiling to go to pads for better removal. Light to moderate soiling we encap with the Cimex.

So you Cimex with tuway pads? Or fiber pads? I personally wouldn't dick around with tuway pads on the Cimex... The pads are pretty small and you'd have to flip them quite often.... Not saying you don't have to flip and change larger OP pads, just not as often... I'd rather bring in an OP machine to follow or absorb if the carpet needs more than straight encapping...

No Nate, I wasn't trying to compare them. Above, they were compared and I pointed out the obvious.

I've done hundreds of thousands of sqft with both Cimex and and OP. I'm also aware that we do remove a lot more dirt with OP compared to straight encapping. I love both methods. I just don't see why they are being compared.... Doc, John is right where there is more labor cost but the bottom line still should be better with the two Cimexes.

I see your point, but he was comparing 1 man to 1 machine..... You certainly could buy 2 machines, but the speed and benefit of 1 man to machine is what you get with John's one....

Your bottom line and labor expense should be a lot better "When 2 people" are running 2 machines.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So you Cimex with tuway pads? Or fiber pads? I personally wouldn't dick around with tuway pads on the Cimex... The pads are pretty small and you'd have to flip them quite often.... Not saying you don't have to flip and change larger OP pads, just not as often... I'd rather bring in an OP machine to follow or absorb if the carpet needs more than straight encapping...
Yea we use all sorts of pads. Tuways with the stiff strip, Fiber Plus, Gray Fiber Plus what ever is needed. Yes if its any size I'd send an Orobt or two for the worse areas.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom