Vertigo

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
its not for wimps. i woke up yesterday morning about 6 and was fine. i laid back down and when i got back up a little while later it was like i was drunk. if it wasn't for the wall i would of hit the ground. it also makes you want to puke. sitting i was fine as long as i didn't look down but walking and bending was tough. i sucked it up and made the day and stopped by the walk in. he had me lay back and focus my eyes on one spot. my eyes were spinning in circles. yep you got a case of the vertigo. he gave me a pill to calm the nerves in my ear and sent me on my way. today was better but still not quite perfect. today i didn't take anything extra as my new helper didn't make it because he hurt his back moving a dresser last night at his house. really, we moved a ton of stuff and he hurts himself at home. hiring again.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
READING MIKEYBOARD POSTS ::

calcification in the inner ear. the water doesn't move freely and your brain gets a mixed signal because your eyes and skin are telling it something different. thats what causes the spinning. your brain can't figure out where the heck it is. it usually goes away on its own.

gene

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Had a good dose of it last month. My daughter, an RN, thought I may have had a stroke, and took me to the ER. Took prednazone and was ok within a couple weeks.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Yes i have a designer who has a terrible problem with it. It is an emballance that fomthe inner ear make you feel like it is spinning.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
My sister had it for a few days during her pregnancy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 24-7 nausea with no relief. She was pregnant and couldn't take anything.
I took her to the hospital and watched them do that thing where they lie you back and try to get you to focus on the corners of your eyesight. Dr said sometimes that wears out the twitching muscle in the eye and symptoms subside. Didn't work for her.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Wow, I've never known of anyone actually having Vertigo. Hope you feel better soon!

vertigo-cover-dvd.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
John prednisone is a steroid usually given if someone has poison ivy or similar. I just had a shot of prednisone 3 weeks ago for poison ivy.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I feel fine today. It can be caused by more than just what I have. An inner ear infection can cause it and prednisone reduces inflammation among other things. He gave me a pill called antivert to calm the nerves but I only used it twice. He also gave me raglan for the nausea. Both have really cheap generics and the Total was less than 10 bucks for both. I don't drink but I suspect it's a similar feeling to being really drunk with the room spinning and puking. Your brain does realize it's getting a bad signal and starts to adjust. Mine did it pretty quick probably from all the puking from deep sea fishing. The first hour it was almost impossible to walk but it cleared pretty quickly to just being miserable with nausea. Glad it's gone.

Gene

Back
Top Bottom