What I Zippered today....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Pics don't show as much soil as if in person, but didn't think this wear path even had a chance when I saw it.

Spent extra time trying to vacuum, not a lot of soil, but there was a good portion of fine soils present.....

Applied the prespray and used the small CRB with the standard white brushes...

Working alone today, so had a female connector hooked up to the high pressure line and just trickling water into the vac hose while I took extra time with the CRB also.

Hooked up the big 14 inch Zip and gave it a good "What for!" :twisted:

Dang, if it didn't start to relief some of the path :eekk: :rockon:

Actually pretty pleased....the new home owners ecstatic.... :headbang:

Hero status! :biggrin:

And off now to the BNI toy drive and get together.....

Booked extra work too today....and blocked about 10 new solicitor phone numbers!!! :icon_twisted: :rockon:

2014-12-18120248_zpscab08f9d.jpg

2014-12-18120257_zps7a2f7b73.jpg

2014-12-18120313_zpsc462e4e9.jpg

2014-12-18120521_zpsc52901f6.jpg

2014-12-18120529_zps7c860b57.jpg

2014-12-18120540_zps1d07dcea.jpg

2014-12-18121404_zpsbb5aba3d.jpg

2014-12-18121844_zps3abcfcbb.jpg

2014-12-18122955_zps5037cbc0.jpg

2014-12-18122723_zpsfc0914bf.jpg

2014-12-18123003_zpse1843cf5.jpg

2014-12-18123759_zps0d664934.jpg

2014-12-18124629_zpsc0088476.jpg

2014-12-18122430_zpsb36adc89.jpg

2014-12-18124949_zps93771f46.jpg

2014-12-18125027_zps6f8e266c.jpg

2014-12-18125031_zps2f1fc4e2.jpg

Has anyone tried the wand handle zipper? Looks like it would be easier than the t-handle especially for residential.

Name
Brad Gouveia
A few quick questions for you:

Are you sold on the zipper over the RX-20. Is the zipper faster than the RX-20?

I would think you would loose some agitation that the rx-20 offer (part of our gold TACT rule). I do think that you use your scrubber to make up for this but if a guy did not have/use one what do you think then?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Wow Mark I admire you!
Everything you do shows you are a top quality guy who pays attention to the smallest details! You demonstrate- Professionalism. I hope to met you someday.

where did you get the door guard? it looks better then mine.

My lead guy Claims HE has OCD when it comes to cleaning--- I'm going to ask him to stop taking his medication so his OCD can get at bad/GOOD as yours. haha

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
A few quick questions for you:

Are you sold on the zipper over the RX-20. Is the zipper faster than the RX-20?

I would think you would loose some agitation that the rx-20 offer (part of our gold TACT rule). I do think that you use your scrubber to make up for this but if a guy did not have/use one what do you think then?

I love the Zipper in many situations. I has been able to clean some things better than an RX 20, but there is still a time or 2 the RE could be needed and might be a better tool for certain situations. Most of my cleanings, I just haven't used the RX 20....

I do use this small CRB most times (it has what is considered their standard White Brushes...not too aggressive). Today was another experiment for me....

I really do like the Zippers a lot...I ended up texting Erik Hiltz (the inventor and maker) in the middle of the first night using the unit and told him to send another!

We have found it so fast in so many jobs (definitely faster than an RE) but again, it is another tool in the bag of goodies that makes us look good.....I just really can't say enough good about it :)

I have been watching them for about 2 years or so, and wasn't really interested....Didn't think it would fit my model....

I saw it in Vegas this year during the Mikey Fest part of the experience cleaning just unbelievably TRASHED carpets and side by side to some other cleaning units....and that is when I decided I needed to really get serious....so I ordered one when I got home.

I really do not regret it one bit and think it is an awesome tool!

I honestly love how dry it will leave the carpets as well....

So, would I be without one now that I have had one? Not a chance! Even my son in law can't wait to use the thing especially on super large places. We just love gobbling those places up in no time!

Here is a play list from my YouTube Channel of the Zipper....we are just having a lot of fun cleaning with it!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg45027waKT-BW4GqIEAj4Vvhcv07fZuk

Reactions: mwall2230

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Wow Mark I admire you!
Everything you do shows you are a top quality guy who pays attention to the smallest details! You demonstrate- Professionalism. I hope to met you someday.

where did you get the door guard? it looks better then mine.

My lead guy Claims HE has OCD when it comes to cleaning--- I'm going to ask him to stop taking his medication so his OCD can get at bad/GOOD as yours. haha

The door seal is called Seal-A-Door.

The gentleman who made it and invented it is Ron Hunkins and live about 1.5 hours south of me.

He came across me on Facebook and working with what he had and a bit of tweaking we did, I fell in love with it.

Have been looking for a better door seal unit for years especially for our winter weather.

I also love how it keeps the bugs and mosquitos out, and also keeps the air conditioning in...but right now, I am hoping in the future, it will help my winter cleaning numbers increase.

This unit I am using is his Combo unit (more universal and fits more door heights) and it sell for about $150.

I knew when we first got it, that storage would be another issue to remedy, so while at the Experience Vegas show in Vegas this fall, I worked with Jeremy from Aerotech (great guy by the way) to try and come up with something universal to help us cleaners with vans....and he hit a home run!

So, right now, I really feel good that this thing can really help us cleaners and Ron Hunkins (Seal-A-Door) now has as perfect of package as possible to offer us.....

I have always liked being on the Research and Development of things. Was a racer in the past, and R&D was always a passion of mine. Was also a High School Band director and musician, so I also learned how you had to do a lot with very little sometimes.....

I know a lot of us cleaners have to survive the same sometimes, so getting things to us in an affordable manner is pretty important too.

Here is the link to Ron's Seal-A-Door.

https://www.facebook.com/SealADoor

https://www.facebook.com/sealadoorpricing

http://www.sealcanvas.com/

his phone number 612-250-8454

Here are some videos of the seal a door and also the hanging brackets.

2014-11-19175557_zps368c85e6.jpg

2014-11-19175701_zpsd4fb2137.jpg

Just let me know if I can help answer any other questions.

Always love to try and help others :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark I assume your using the seal a door on every job.
How is the quality holding up??

We are almost ready to order one. Think it would make huge benefit for customer and us.

Well, I wasn't going to tell this story, but before I got the hangers now made for them in my van, I had one of the final prototype units and was protecting it so I wouldn't get any scuff marks on it. I have been putting them through the paces and trying to treat them a bit like techs could.... Well, left the dang thing on the roof of the van while doing some loading in the back of the van on a job. Was driving 55 mph down a real hard core Gravel road and heard a clunk and knew what it was. I watched that new Seal-A-Door do helicopter spins on that Gravel road and just hung my head in disappointment. Drove back to it expecting it to be tore up, scuffed, broken.... It had maybe the smallest couple of unnoticeable scuffs. I still felt like an idiot as Ron had just brought it to me a few days earlier....

There were no breaks or cracks either in the poles.... Wew!

I sheepishly called Ron 5 minutes later to tell him the story and apologize for my carelessness.... But he told me to treat it rough... Lol!

So... I would have to say.... It has done quite well for this monkey :)

So far.... It is really tough... But I do recommend the new brackets or something similar to make sure it has a designated place like other tools.

Even in super cold weather... Been more than adequate and tough!

Well... Story is out now.... I can be dumb and dumber. :)

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

At least you weren't THAT guy who did same with his Briefcase-- with Millions of $$ worth of Diamonds in it!!! he got to his destination and THEN discovered what He did-- TOO Late.. Sucks to be HIM.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Years ago (early 90's) I was building an industrial control/indicator panel for Pima County Jail in Tucson. I had ordered hundreds of tiny colored indicator lamps, lamp bases, colored plastic bezels, key switches, etc. The picture gives an idea of all the tiny colored pieces. They came in about 20 shipping boxes, so I opened them all and put all the little pieces in a brown paper shopping bag (remember those?). I couldn't get to my car keys when I got outside, so I put the bag on the trunk, leaning against the back window and (of course) forgot it.

The bag actually stayed put for several miles. I-10 makes a big sweeping turn as you go south, and the G-forces finally sent the bag sailing. I heard a tinkling sound - as I looked at the rear view it looked like a parade where they throw confetti! Parts everywhere, being run over by morning rush-hour traffic......

I had to go back to the office and tell them to reorder about a grand worth of colored doodads. Not a good day! :madd:

LampPieces.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Years ago (early 90's) I was building an industrial control/indicator panel for Pima County Jail in Tucson. I had ordered hundreds of tiny colored indicator lamps, lamp bases, colored plastic bezels, key switches, etc. The picture gives an idea of all the tiny colored pieces. They came in about 20 shipping boxes, so I opened them all and put all the little pieces in a brown paper shopping bag (remember those?). I couldn't get to my car keys when I got outside, so I put the bag on the trunk, leaning against the back window and (of course) forgot it.

The bag actually stayed put for several miles. I-10 makes a big sweeping turn as you go south, and the G-forces finally sent the bag sailing. I heard a tinkling sound - as I looked at the rear view it looked like a parade where they throw confetti! Parts everywhere, being run over by morning rush-hour traffic......

I had to go back to the office and tell them to reorder about a grand worth of colored doodads. Not a good day! :madd:

View attachment 716

Oh Crap!

and Ouch!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have had the zipper 9 months ....great tool for high flow
I bumped my flow to 13..... Haven't touched my rx20 since it sits in my garage
The zipper really shines on trashed carpets returants. Rentals......

Nice, please check you inbox, we sent you a message.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom