What Products Do You Run Through Your Extractor?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Over the years that Mikeysboard has been in existence, we often tease about the most common BB question:

"What's your favorite prespray?"

In this case, I'd like to know what you put in your extractor (truck mount or portable), or if you use water alone.

...and why of course.

Thanks!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Those of you who are answering with more than one product, what reasons do you alternate the product that you use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The majority of the time its Axiom and the precondition and agitation are what fluctuates with the conditions. The switch would be for neutralizing natural fibers or possibly neutralizing residues from home spotting or previous cleaners.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I always figure guys rinse with water for 1 of 3 reasons.

a) Chem pump doesn't function well enough to meter solution
b) You're a damn cheap ass and water's free and appears to do just as well as a rinse
c) You are afraid of residue and believe plain water leaves less residue

and in general for those that claim "b" & "c", its usually an excuse because of "a"
:stir:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Endzone but can use all fiber rinse too.

Why, insurance i guess . Just in case us mortals over mixed the pre-spray.
Not sure if it does anything but helps me sleep at night.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
FWR for everything, carpets, tile, upholstery. Once you put down your prespray, what's the point of rinsing with more cleaners? Rinsing is for rinsing. Do you shower with emulsifier? Do you run detergent in the rinse cycle of your washing machine? Why leave detergent in fabric?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dry Slurry or HeatWave
generally mixed at 1/2 recommended dilution

why?
to condition water and aid in rinsing

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I understand what you are saying, but I don't believe you can prespray everywhere without wetting walls and furniture. In those situations where I find soiling under furniture that the customer doesn't want me to move, or in closets with low hanging clothes, or in any area where I can't prespray without running the risk of wetting things I don't want wet, it makes perfect sense to have an extraction rinse in my arsenal that can be utilized to clean those areas in a safer manner. That's why I keep Formula 90 at my disposal.

It's those guys who run acid or neutral rinses that have no cleaning capabilities that I don't understand. I can control the pH if I want to with my choice of presprays. I see no reason to alter it by rinse anymore.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
FWR for everything, carpets, tile, upholstery. Once you put down your prespray, what's the point of rinsing with more cleaners? Rinsing is for rinsing. Do you shower with emulsifier? Do you run detergent in the rinse cycle of your washing machine? Why leave detergent in fabric?
Just admit it...your system doesn't meter well. :stir::stir:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
When our feed system works.. Either All Fiber Rinse, Matrix Complete Rinse, or a a switch up between Master Blend Rage, Formula 90 or Formula 77... Though are water around here is on the acid side fluctuating between 5.75 and 6 pH... so it alone does a great job of rinsing... I like to use acid side rinses for certain upholstery and wool carpets. And if we run into a grease pit.. obiviously the alkaline to assist in the cleaning.. but only at half dilution often as Meat alluded to above.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Just admit it...your system doesn't meter well. :stir::stir:
I disconnected the Cat Pump diaphragm pump after 6 years of non-use, (the drums finally blew out) but I can chemical feed with a Dema proportioner hooked inline which I do use occasionally on piss jobs to draw Sunshine Proliminator or for Esteem Performance CBS for one step hacking.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator

Not a single worthy analogy.

Does your clothing, hair or skin get years of impacted, greasy soil loaded into them?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Not a single worthy analogy.

Does your clothing, hair or skin get years of impacted, greasy soil loaded into them?
Well duh. Everything is relative as it pertains to cleaning. Presprays on carpet and fabric and tile dwell adequately in the allotted time to emulsify those issues for FWR. If not you didn't precondition correctly.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

braden

Name
Braden bell
Normal residential. End zone. Yes the proper pre spray emulsifies/suspends the soil but the rinse emulsion helps break the surface tension between the fibers and the suspended soil/detergent mixture and it's on the acid side. Normal residential pre spray is zone perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom