What To Do.....

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Getting the itch to buy something. I don't need another extractor, I don't need another rotary so I'm thinking either a cimex or a crb. Jump in and tell me what you'd suggest and why.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got dozens of bonnets, but I gotta get rid of some cash or the government will grab it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Getting the itch to buy something. I don't need another extractor, I don't need another rotary so I'm thinking either a cimex or a crb. Jump in and tell me what you'd suggest and why.

Buy a Dwell..

I know you don't NEED it...but just buy it and then sell off one of your Ninjas of whatever you're running with. This way you actually spend the excess money and find a janitor guy to buy your ninja for cash...the queen won't find out.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Buy a Dwell..

I know you don't NEED it...but just buy it and then sell off one of your Ninjas of whatever you're running with. This way you actually spend the excess money and find a janitor guy to buy your ninja for cash...the queen won't find out.

Do they make a roto molded model?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have both cimex and brush pro crb. I recommend the Cimex. The cimex won't "eat-up" the loose rugs or phones cables like the crb has. I think the Cimex is better designed for encap and agitation. The CRB acts more like a pile lifer.

Maybe consider making a donation to a worthwhile cause if That's tax deductible in Canada.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have both cimex and brush pro crb. I recommend the Cimex. The cimex won't "eat-up" the loose rugs or phones cables like the crb has. I think the Cimex is better designed for encapman and agitation. The CRB acts more like a pile lifer.

Maybe consider making a donation to a worthwhile cause if That's tax deductible in Canada.
Thanks John, I do lots of charitable stuff, I just don't think it's in the right spirit if I talk about it. I'm looking for a machine to streamline certain aspects of my commercial business. I'm leaning to the cimex. A supplier here has a 20 inch barely used unit that could be a reality.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Willy.. also keep in mind that the cimex will require a 3rd dedicated electrical socket-- I hope your porty uses 2 outlets. Maybe consider a Zipper if electrical power is a concern or headache you'd rather avoid..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Willy.. also keep in mind that the cimex will require a 3rd dedicated electrical socket-- I hope your porty uses 2 outlets. Maybe consider a Zipper if electrical power is a concern or headache you'd rather avoid..
I'm finding lots of dollars under the rocks in regular maintenance of commercial carpet. I'm getting more and more monthly/ bi-monthly and quarterly cleanings and if I have to use the pixie dust machines to increase profitability, I'm finally willing to bend. I do have a few 175's that I bonnet with, but it can be hit and miss. Dang, none of my set-ups work on 2 cords, 3 or 4 in most cases. I know my electrical panels and most wiring pretty well :biggrin:

Reactions: SCC

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Thanks John, I do lots of charitable stuff, I just don't think it's in the right spirit if I talk about it. I'm looking for a machine to streamline certain aspects of my commercial business. I'm leaning to the cimex. A supplier here has a 20 inch barely used unit that could be a reality.
If you're leaning into the commercial side I would suggest the Brush Pro. The crb will work on multiple surfaces while the Cimex is limited to carpet.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I'm finding lots of dollars under the rocks in regular maintenance of commercial carpet. I'm getting more and more monthly/ bi-monthly and quarterly cleanings and if I have to use the pixie dust machines to increase profitability, I'm finally willing to bend. I do have a few 175's that I bonnet with, but it can be hit and miss. Dang, none of my set-ups work on 2 cords, 3 or 4 in most cases. I know my electrical panels and most wiring pretty well :biggrin:
Brush pro for sure with regular maintenance. Tell them how you remove the dry soil before you clean.
They will love you

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
3 or 4 cords!! Thats great to hear.. I know it can be bothersome but it does produce better results..
The TM only guys just don't get it. A porty IS the only option in some Markets.. I'd like to see a TM operate in Manhattan-- probably be towed in 15 minutes!! And out of Biz in a week.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If you're leaning into the commercial side I would suggest the Brush Pro. The crb will work on multiple surfaces while the Cimex is limited to carpet.

That's not true....

We have prescrubbed tile and grout with the harder brush sets on the Cimex... We also have done a bunch of stone polishing with Cimexes ... Also put the Cimex in the washpit for some rugs with the softer brush set .... And of course used it to prescrub before hwe.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
That's not true....

We have prescrubbed tile and grout with the harder brush sets on the Cimex... We also have done a bunch of stone polishing with Cimexes ... Also put the Cimex in the washpit for some rugs with the softer brush set .... And of course used it to prescrub before hwe.
Ray-- I do think the Cimex can handle multiple surfaces.. different heads are available.
Willy's looking to expand his commercial work

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I'm assuming Willy has portables including one that is high pressure for tile and grout. He has Floor machines that are universal.
A Brush Pro would allow for more productivity if used correctly for maintenance programs.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Other than charging a king's ransom for VCT work (I've got 8k for 2 jobs booked for September :biggrin: ), I do very little tile and grout or hard surface. This would be for growth in appearance management for apartment, condo and office common areas. Getting a steady and reliable source of income with cheques in the mailbox every month is very comforting. I don't chase the residential market much, far too fickle.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Other than charging a king's ransom for VCT work (I've got 8k for 2 jobs booked for September :biggrin: ), I do very little tile and grout or hard surface. This would be for growth in appearance management for apartment, condo and office common areas. Getting a steady and reliable source of income with cheques in the mailbox every month is very comforting. I don't chase the residential market much, far too fickle.

For all that ^^ Cimex.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
One of the VCT jobs has 18000 sf of carpet to clean as well. I've also got one on the burner for a sports venue with private boxes and office space that needs routine maintenance. It's been awesome for growth this year:biggrin: I'm doing bigger and bigger jobs and getting the repeats. Customers love friendly but not overbearing,on time, service oriented, under promised and over delivered work. It sells itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom