What would you have done and charged?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Got a call from one of our biggest commercial clients..worth about 45k a year

Had a small flood needed cleaned up and needed it ASAP..during the holiday rush and we are already backed up with 15 jobs on the waiting begging to be done list

I will post how I handled this tomorrow..just wondering what you guys would have done

The flood was a hall about 10' long by 4' wide and a 30 min ride
Got the call at 3:30pm

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
We have a $500 min on water jobs so I would start there or just don it fast no charge if you get that much work from them.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mike..no time to fish right now sadly..running balls to the wall with 11 on the ASAP waiting list

Was going to take Friday off but can't..all crews working Friday and sat

The guys are happy with it because they get bigger money Saturday's and I'm paying them Saturday rates for Friday

Plan to fish tomorrow but pretty positive we will get a few emergency calls for dropped bottles of wine or dinner plates or visiting dog explosions lol..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Went and did it when ever it fit THEIR schedule.

I have crew out now and another waiting to go out. Emergency work can't wait and always comes when you least want it to. Nature of the beast!

Able 1

Name
Keith
"I'll be there within the hour" would have been my response.. My big accounts are only 10 minuets away though.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
You've got to tell them it's a holiday and it will have to wait....

No really.... You got the correct answers above.

Name
BradFenstermaker
That much work at 1 place, I wood of sent thd closest tech ASAP. I am sure all your techs are familiar with the place.

Every van has atleast 1 fan on it right??

hogjowl

Idiot™
As soon as I hit post on my bitching post ^, I heard my toilets gurgling. My sewer line is stopped up AGAIN.

We have two drain companies in my town that advertise after hours emergency drain cleaning. One won't answer and the other said it would be Friday.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Yes the guys all know the acct very well..

I'm going to get hammered for this I'm sure but no we don't carry fans all the time to be honest

Able 1

Name
Keith
As soon as I hit post on my bitching post ^, I heard my toilets gurgling. My sewer line is stopped up AGAIN.

We have two drain companies in my town that advertise after hours emergency drain cleaning. One won't answer and the other said it would be Friday.
Were you posting on the shitter?

It's so easy to shine with competition like that!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would have started bitching as soon as I hung up the phone and continued bitching for the entire 30 minute drive there.

And then I'd be bitching all the way back over whoever I had to bump to do it.

But they'd never know it.

Karma!!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had one of those Wednesday. Had planned on an easy afternoon, but got a flood call at noon. Hour 15 away in Akron. But the resto company I work with is on a 2 hour State Farm response deal, and they send me ton's of work, so I reluctantly headed out there for a couple small rooms extraction and an area rug. Of course I will bill for when I left the shop till I returned.

The things we have to do.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
oops..forgot to finish the story lol

i called shell at the shop and asked her who was furthest along in their day..after texting the guys we handed off my next job to that crew and i headed out to this flood..
got there in just about a hr..had it all fixed up and good to go pretty fast.
when the vp asked me for the bill i told him it was on me..he quickly declined and said he wanted a bill..i laughed and said, how about we hold it till
something gets screwed up somehow and use it as a sorry lol (we are human and do mess up at times) he again said it wasnt necessary and assured me that we were their
company for as long as he was around and that should be forever lol

i shook his hand and thanked him for being loyal to us and explained this was the forever service he would receive..

he said whatever we will work it out later.

if it were a bigger flood i would have charged but the money we make off this acct is pretty insane and they pay pretty dang fast so..it was well worth it in my opinion

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I would've gone there as fast as possible. Probably would've said happy Thanksgiving and not even charged them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom