What you think about these tanks

The first tank is 100 gallon with 24" diameter. Seems it would fit nicely behind the hose reel in what I call dead space.
http://www.***************/gallon-truck-mount-vertical-fresh-water-tank-p-9095.html

The next tank is 80 gallon. I like this one a lot. I am leaning towards this tank.
http://www.***************/clean-st...ater-tank-small-footprint-inches-p-13348.html

The last tank is what I see in a lot of set-ups but I think it takes up too much space with a hose reel mounted next to it.
http://www.***************/hydroforce-hydrowell-gallon-fresh-water-tank-p-12711.html

Just trying to get some feedback. I am liking the 80 gallon tall rectangle shaped tank the best.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The round one has you "mounting" it with ratchet straps across the lid - ugh.

I like the middle one too - but keeping a tall tank that weighs 640 pounds secure during a crash will take a stout mounting arrangement though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the middle provided it give you enough to accomplish what you want. We use the bottom one or versions of the bottom one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Anybody have the formula spelling out the cost of carrying water vs time hooking up to a spigot? Im thinking lugging water adds cost to fuel usage, wear and tear on tranny, brakes etc. Or does it cost more (in time,wages) to hook up to each and every job?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I have 2 of the 80 gallon tanks mounted in my mercedes sprinter. One on each side. They are only used as needed. I keep them empty most the time and hook up at the customers.job site.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
Anybody have the formula spelling out the cost of carrying water vs time hooking up to a spigot? Im thinking lugging water adds cost to fuel usage, wear and tear on tranny, brakes etc. Or does it cost more (in time,wages) to hook up to each and every job?
I have onboard, and of course also hook up to the spigot often as well. I can carry 160 gallon, but typically fill it to 80. Top it off about every third job, if it seems very accessible. Thus I don't HAVE to crawl behind rose bushes, disturb water moccasins or the like.

Think ahead.

Thanks Mike. I have a 60 gallon Prochem tank. For most jobs it is just enough, but some I always need just a little more. I need a tank because some of the homes I clean I can't get water (the water is locked off at the street). If the home is large enough then I am trying to conserve water. It is a pain sometimes especially when you can only clean on the back stroke. 100 gallons is really what I need. 80 should be plenty though. I like the rectangle shaped tank simply because it will take up less floor space and fit easier. Looks like I am going to get the 80 gallon tank. And I try and hook up on most jobs.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Lots of communities here have no access or locks on the spigots. Just to much trouble not caring water here. With zero lot line even homes with outside spigots have it on the opposite of the house most times. It means running hose all the way around and it rains here during the summer everyday. The way I altered my machine you can't even hook a hose to it. It has to go through the tank.

Gene

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had that 100 gallon vertical tank in my van back in the early 2000's. Bought it at dultmeiers pretty cheap. Simple brackets just held it in place. Never tipped over but a couple times I was worried with a abrupt stop. One problem I had was mold growing in it. Had to pour bleach in it to kill it and vacuumed the tank dry.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I always get poked for bringing this up - but it is common for forces of 40 G's or more to be developed during a head-on collision. That means your full 80 gallon tank would weigh over 25,000 pounds as it jumps into your lap. We never want to think about the worst-case, but it happens....

Keep that in mind as you size your straps and anchor bolts (and backup plates under the floor!).

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I always get poked for bringing this up - but it is common for forces of 40 G's or more to be developed during a head-on collision. That means your full 80 gallon tank would weigh over 25,000 pounds as it jumps into your lap. We never want to think about the worst-case, but it happens....

Keep that in mind as you size your straps and anchor bolts (and backup plates under the floor!).
Certainly something to bare in mind, but in most cases the water tank would have to get past the TM before it meets you in the cab.

Reactions: dgardner

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Ag supply can get you more options in more shapes for about half of what a Carpet Cleaning Supply house will charge you. I was looking at 80 gallon round verticle tank at my local Fimco and they only wanted like $105.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom