What's the best payment method?

Able 1

Name
Keith
To purchase something from a private seller? I'm looking to purchase a truck mount from a guy I don't know in Florida, and just kind of thinking I don't want to get screwed.. Credit card?

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
When I have sold my last two truck mounts to out of state people I required a bank certified check or money order and I called the bank it was drawn on before he drove away to see if it was good. But we all know CASH is king!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm buying.. I just don't want to send money and get screwed like Louis..

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Louis' woes were caused by using the gift option (seller's way of avoiding fees). That removes any protection normally available with PayPal. Otherwise I've had pretty good success with Paypal (never used it for $10K+ purchases though...),

Becker

Name
Becker
Surdi Move to FL?

You going to pick it up?

You having it shipped?

I'd say credit card.
When in doubt, always pay with credit card.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Shipped, it will cost less!!

I have been waiting for a Surdimount for a while!! LMAO
140.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
I absolutely hate Paypal! I just want to be able to get my money back if the shit hits the fan.. The guy seems nice enough though, we shot the shit for like 20 minuets, we are like brothers! :eekk:

Reactions: dgardner

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's just the truck mount no van.. This is my winter project, not sure I care all so much, I'm going to rip it apart.. It's coming with a brand new in the box pump, though I think I will replace the engine right away(8400 hours)..:eekk: Though I do want to run it to see how long it will last..:lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Becker

Name
Becker
what is it.. Uhauls are cheap.

However if it is nearly used up, does not sound like you are paying a lot.

If he is set up for credit card then go for it. 1/2 now 1/2 on delivery.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
05 Apex.. Not like Surti's that has supported my family for the last 4 years,and still kicking ass at 3,600 hours.. It will be a project!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not sure what I'm going to do.. Thinking about selling my Peak, with the van or not is the question.

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
The easiest way for you might be to do a C.O.D with the truck company he uses. That way you ensure you get the product and the guy you're buying it from gets paid also.

If you need some help figuring out class and weight, let me know. Might even let you use our truck account to save you some shipping dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom