What's the most you made in one day.

Ryan

$3500 in a 24 hour period.

One of my regular customers fireplace smoked up his house. He had me clean and protect all his carpet and do the same to all of his furniture, he collects antiques and his house was packed with furniture. I had to work that night so I charged him extra (he wanted it done that day because of company coming in) I did upholstery for hours. That night I did a 25,000 SF VCT job with a crew of three and finished it in one night.

Chris A

Name
Chris
$1400 all residential by meself, last July, was a real bitch...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
$1400, one job a lot of tile and grout clean and seal and 4 bedrooms of carpet. I was there from about 8:30-5:30 but I did leave about half way through to dump my tank and eat lunch.

Oh, I also did a handful of minor carpet repairs at no charge.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
$2,500.00 when I was on the truck alone.
My semi anual school and 1 other residential job after that. Was done by about 7pm dead.

It seems so much easier now.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fourteen hundred and ONE dollars
can't have some local kid named Chris upstage ME

seriously....something would of had to go wrong if there was only one man on a large job or busy scheduled day
and it's been so long since I worked alone, I haven't a clue what the highest one day single man job was .
I'm sure it wasn't much though.."maybe" $500-600

I'd much rather BRAG about the gutter cleaning I subbed out this summer.
I made $3000 PROFIT and never touched a ladder or gutter.
The heaviest thing I lifted was the pen to write the check to the subs

..L.T.A.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
$1,750.

A two story building used to take two men twelve hours with a portable. I took me 7.5 hrs by myself with my first TM.

TimP

Around 1800 or so. Did a job over 2 days and billed for a little over 3600. Wasn't by myself had 1 helper.

By myself probably 7-800, just guessing.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
I'd much rather BRAG about the gutter cleaning I subbed out this summer.
I made $3000 PROFIT and never touched a ladder or gutter.
The heaviest thing I lifted was the pen to write the check to the subs

..L.T.A.

That's way better than mine... shiteatinggrin

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
After cleaning some residential, I split a Shaw Industries carpet pile crush job with another cleaner at a bank that night. I think my day was $2465.

On my own I cleaned all the carpet and upholstery including protection in a house in our own neighborhood. I worked from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Total $1500.

I prefer shorter days.

$2350 in 6 hours. Pushing a Cimex. :) Used their power and only fuel I used was to get to the job. and a gallon and a half of relese it and some pads.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Dining room in retirement center $2200.00 4 hr one wand with out glide and teflon. Son moved chairs for me he also bid it i don't know how he did it.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
My largest job i ever had was about 20 years ago large fish processing boat. I was biding against another cleaner for the carpets and uph . my bid was a little over $3000.00 as i was about to hand the bid to the man I had this powerful though or voice that said to me to double it so i did to a little over $6000.00 got the job did it in 18 hr over 2 days. It all went to pay my son's Hospital bill. PRAISE THE LORD.

Jimbo

I've made a LOT of money in one day cleaning,,,but I won't talk about it...usually gentleman don't brag about what they make.

Why make some newBEE feel bad when he compares his hundreds to thousands??
Did we make really big money when we started...or did we ramp up over the years?
Some folks live where you can buy a nice house for 50k...so the comparison could be skewed a bit...the guy that cleans for 20 cents in the center of the country could be better off...he could buy 20 houses to one in some other area...

We are in a great trade, folks...whatever we can make in a day!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't count in single wands anymore

I did cimex part and HWE parts of a church once for $1100 but I can't come to grips with the scrub and run crowd. I would rather OP it and remove more dirt.

good for you Rich

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
he said single wand, some of those are out. If you are talking straight carpet about 2g's one man show. I have my largest single crew booking this Monday 2 guys will(hopefully if we finish) do about $4400 while the other 2 will do about $2,000 each. Schools are about to open and summer camps are over. Sunday- Weds will be more than a regualr month. That isn't all carp[et

Jimbo I have never , ever been acused of being a gentleman:)

harryhides

Name
Tony
I made $400 in ten minutes without a wand, tm, vacuum, vac hoses or pre-spray.
Does that count ?

IndicatorGrnSofaB4b.jpg

With just a spray bottle, restored this loveseat.

IndicatorGrnSofaAft1.jpg

That's like $2,400 per hour or $19,200 for an eight hour day.

All thanks to great genius and wisdom of the Yoda of Iowa, yes Waldo the golden boy.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
waldo would beat you like a dog. The question is a terrible one, what are the boundaries, IE anything involving one man show or just carpet

I do have a question for the leatherman.
I am going to a leather class and my schedule is pretty muched booked with carpet and tile and upholstery without kicking out an appointment is it worth it to do leather? and how much will I get from a class for lets say a $1,000 how will it impact a full schedule. I have been trying to break down the numbers to see if it is worth it. I can not see how to plan it, what is the market and if I already am booked what is the difference in cost and profit?

Off topic but it is a discussion I am having

steve r

$988 my second year in business with my bane :).

cant remember how many jobs or hours but probably about ten hours and 7 or 8 jobs.
it was also my best week at $4880.

did it all alone and all with the bane.

Name
Ron lippold
those are some nice numbers boys............. shiteatinggrin i have several of those a month. hard surfaces really help.. i love stone saltillio and brick those are my money makers.... shiteatinggrin o and counter tops :shock: :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
many many years ago I thermal fogged a large school, class rooms, gym, kitchen, the whole thing. Took three hours 4-jugs of juice and a helper with a rope pulling me out of the fog.

$6000.00 and that was giving them a size able break, the going rate at the time would have been double, but didn't think I could sleep at night doing that. :mrgreen:

Doc Holliday said:
many many years ago I thermal fogged a large school, class rooms, gym, kitchen, the whole thing. Took three hours 4-jugs of juice and a helper with a rope pulling me out of the fog.

$6000.00 and that was giving them a size able break, the going rate at the time would have been double, but didn't think I could sleep at night doing that. :mrgreen:

Folks we have a winner!! Now buy my cimex you asked about.

RickL

$2800 and like Larry I never did a thing but invoice. A country club wanted a quote for a New tile floor I got a price of $4800 from one guy. I submitted it to the club thinking forget it, to my surprise they said do it. Got another tile guy I know (who does great work) and he would do it for $1500!!! so I got the tile for $500 and he did customer was happy. I've got him multiple jobs since and hooked him up with several other T&G and CCr's who also use/recommend him.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
my biggest ever res job was 3400.00 lots of wool, sg and a bunch of uph mixed in
me and helper took 6 hrs from time left to time home..we worked hard for it though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom