Will an acid rinse flush out Biosolve?

Mikey P

Administrator
We had a bunch of grease spots on a white wool. Mixed Chemspec Biosolve 50/50 with water and pre spotted. No prespray just an acid rinse with an 08 flow wand. No sign of trouble on the beige nylon there but the wool yellowed when it dried. Took a lot of hand work with an alkaline to get it out so we could follow up with another acid rinse. This particular carpet has old yellow stains and has always been a pita to clean. Looks horrible when wet.

DiLimo' definitely needs an alkaline rinse. Learned this the hard way back during the Judson 02 days.

unless you have other thoughts here @Jim Pemberton

IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You already came to the right conclusions Mike.

In the future, you might choose to use a different solvent on wool, and follow with a detergent that easily suspends that solvent.

I've had good success with All Solv Extreme followed by Avenge Pro on wool and fine fabrics and find it rinses out well if neither is over applied. You should get similar results with Pro Solv Gel and Power Gel, but Power Gel is a bit "hot" in its RTU form. If you cut it to 30:1 its a bit better for wool.

But to be fair, I'd rather Sarah (from CTI) answer to this question in regards to her products instead of me, since she's around here to answer questions.

Reactions: CTI Courtney

Mikey P

Administrator
You already came to the right conclusions Mike.

In the future, you might choose to use a different solvent on wool, and follow with a detergent that easily suspends that solvent.

I've had good success with All Solv Extreme followed by Avenge Pro on wool and fine fabrics and find it rinses out well if neither is over applied. You should get similar results with Pro Solv Gel and Power Gel, but Power Gel is a bit "hot" in its RTU form. If you cut it to 30:1 its a bit better for wool.

But to be fair, I'd rather Sarah (from CTI) answer to this question in regards to her products instead of me, since she's around here to answer questions.

There was so much of the grease that applying Prosolve from the tube would have been a hassle.

But not as much of a hassle as going back... :dejection:

Two f*ck ups in one week....Im rusty..

Reactions: EDS

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Most of the time I've messed things up it was because the course of action I knew I should use seemed to be a hassle.

Join the club Mikey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I hope Davis is learning and watching when you use your uncanny ability to charm your way through these situations.

That isn't meant unkindly. On the contrary, if a customer likes you, you very seldom have an expensive claim or even a complaint.

If they don't like you, anything less than a perfect outcome will equal "you ruined my chair/rug/carpet/whatever, and you have to buy me a new one!"

Being likable and trusted beats skill and technique every day.

Reactions: Brian H

CTI Courtney

Name
Courtney Rodseth
Jim is right on target, with Pro’s Choice Pro Solve. Try the Pro’s Choice Pro Solve liquid over the gel. It’s easier to rinse. You may also want to follow up with Pro’s Choice Natural Fiber Cleaner. The Natural fiber cleaner will help prevent browning on the wool and it has enough surfactant that it will help to flush out any solvents.

Mikey P

Administrator
When Davis left it all looked great.

1st attempt-Redline prespray with no results

2nd attemot, same visit, Releasit, some peroxide and citric acid with mixed results, acid rinsed it all out. He and the owner were happy, yellow was gone

Late today the yellow shows back up...

What do you think, alkaline rinse only this time?

We have One Earth rinse and a few other pH 8- 9ish powders..

Jeepers.

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
I use wool cleaner only on wool ( orintal rug cleaner by chems pec) mist it with an acid rinse and fan dry.
That yellow almost looks like pet urin, but don't know ???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom