Wish I had 5 more just like this one.

Mike Draper

image.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was surprised to discover that my 2 PM's accounted to so much revenue. First PM owns and manages their own properties of 250 town homes and apartments and I grossed about 13k from them last year the 2nd started with managing 70 properties and now 2-3 years later they are up to 350 properties and I grossed 23k from them last year (including half a dozen smaller water losses)

Then my 2 best restaurant clients are 11,700 per year ea and the best part is I am not involved to much with their cleaning since I have finally managed to rotate every other night with my son and another part time tech

Able 1

Name
Keith
My big one is like 60-70 grand a year.. Kind of scary to have so much into one account. I have been with them for 5 years now, great way to add trucks!

Reactions: BLewis and Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What do you guys put into cleaning apartments?

A considerable amount here.

Our largest property manager (we only have a couple) paid us considerably more than the numbers you are mentioning BUT it consumes A LOT of my time and resources, cleaning hundreds of their apartments yearly.

I make easily twice on a "residential day" as opposed to a "apartment day". I'm thankful for all of the days but just trying to figure out the best use of my time.

This is when any normal person would hire someone but I come on here and wonder what the HACK I'm going to do...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Apartments are great for employees to do while they're still fresh behind a wand. Great for training too on how to clean nasty carpet. I got really good at spotting from apartments and learned quickly if you hit them with a prespray that has a solvent and oxidizer you're going to get(most of) the spots out aside from koolaid or similar.

Run a resi job or two by yourself in the morning and then come help pick up the slack in the afternoon with the employee. Or hammer it hard for a few days running two trucks and leave the end of the week to do residential while the employee finishes up the remainder for the week. They won't be as good or quick as you until after a good round of them but it's a nice quick learning curve to be efficient yet do a good job.

I have a local guy coming that I traded a bit off their website design to come clean my carpet now that my year old pup is potty trained. He is going to be bring his new guy and between my son, girlfriend's nephews, and the dog it should be a good learning experience for the new guy and him.

Reactions: Russ T.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
On my phone (Android) I do a screen shot by simultaneously pressing the power and home buttons, this saves a JPEG pic to my phone's gallery. I then upload the file to MB as per usual.... Piece o' cake (or bacon, depending on your tastes).

Screenshot_2015-05-26-19-13-15.png

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
The main reason I tried these to PM's out is because one of them (if you get your invoices in by WeD) they cut checks on Thur and it will be in my mail box by Saturday. The other pays within 30 days. I've heard the horror stories on slow payers and don't want any part of it

Able 1

Name
Keith
What do you guys put into cleaning apartments?

A considerable amount here.

Our largest property manager (we only have a couple) paid us considerably more than the numbers you are mentioning BUT it consumes A LOT of my time and resources, cleaning hundreds of their apartments yearly.

I make easily twice on a "residential day" as opposed to a "apartment day". I'm thankful for all of the days but just trying to figure out the best use of my time.

This is when any normal person would hire someone but I come on here and wonder what the HACK I'm going to do...

We just get them clean, if they call we answer, if they need it yesterday it's already done!! That is apartment cleaning!! So no vacations for you till you have a guy to clean while your gone. Service is HUGE in this line of work, if you can't clean the apartment when they need it done they will get someone that can(and most likely keep them)..

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
One of ours usually gives us about a 3 day notice and usually has 2-3 at a time. The other sends a work order that will have the suggested day and day part they would like to have it cleaned. Most times the first of the month can have some spikes in #'s. Last year I had my first experience like Abe 1 said and was on a 4 day mini vacation to Gatlinburg and they started calling "out of the blue" on the way down and by the end of the day they had 7 properties to clean. My son had stayed behind and saved the day for us. And yeah I'm pretty sure the girl that dropped the ball , got canned for letting this many build up without any communication

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom