You cold weather guys have these at home?

Mikey P

Administrator
UYlgz.gif

Reactions: Spurlington
Name
Lee Stockwell
Almost everybody has those here.

Have to check when hooking up that it isn't broken internally.

If so you can certainly flood a basement.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yes... And they can and do break because of the diagram shown but also people leave their hoses or other connectors on them and they will freeze and break.

We never hook up to them without permission and check them for leaks.

I was telling you on the phone about the lady who was standing with me as we tested it... It was broken but she said we must have caused it hooking up to our unit.

About gallon got by and she still freaked out on us.
I replaced the water faucet and replaced a ceiling tile or 2 and ended up costing me about $1000 when all said and done.

She was a class act especially when she asked me if she should worry about the other one on her house being broke... I told her she should have it replaced too... On her dime! Even though it might not be broken... Evil get even moment

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I have them on my own house plumbed and pitched correctly but I will not use them in a customers house.
There are good ones and some that are absolute junk.
Having a couple leak behind the wall several years ago is the reason I would never use them again.

There is nothing worse than finishing a long day of carpet cleaning, then have to do a water damage job caused by you using a damaged valve.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The main reason we carry fresh water is not to be blamed for using theirs. Even then over the years we've still been accused of breaking the pipe when we used their water.

You can imagine the apology when told we carry our own and never hooked up to theirs.
You'll have to imagine because you'll never get one! :winky:

Reactions: MattLimbach

steve_64

i still made sure i had a shut off valve, usually in the crawl space, and left the valves open till i needed them again in spring.

last house the previous owners vented the dryer into the crawl space. when i was installing the shut off valve the lint caught fire and flashed across whole crawl space. scared the bejesus out of me.

Reactions: dgardner

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
We have those. There is another one that has a pressure relief feature. If your hose is hooked up to it and you turn it off, it will spray you. That's always fun in 10 degree weather.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom