Zippers can't clean!? Really? Whos says!?!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I hear that from time to time from some other cleaning "Guru's"....

But can tell you, they are nice to have on the truck....

If I am not using a Zipper, I am using a Rotovac 360 XL....or I am using them both in conjunction for that 1-2 punch!

Today's carpet had so many hills and valleys in the floor....ouch....

But, this carpet had been being cleaned by another company with another method...and he is a friend of mine....just don't know what to tell him as we didn't try to get the job.... :dejection:

Even jacked the price higher and they still took it... :eekk: :dejection:

But it cleaned up great for us!

2015-08-03 15.43.41.jpg
2015-08-03 15.43.51.jpg
2015-08-03 15.43.58.jpg
2015-08-03 15.44.05.jpg
2015-08-03 15.44.27.jpg
2015-08-03 15.44.38.jpg
2015-08-03 15.58.33.jpg
2015-08-03 15.58.47.jpg
2015-08-03 16.07.47.jpg
2015-08-03 16.07.50.jpg

Reactions: Able 1

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Wow, Mark, the stuff you revive! Well done. I really need to get a CRB. And convince my guys to use it.

Can make cleaning real easy when used...

Just have to make sure using it on correct carpets.

For residential, we have found the standard brushes (white softer for the smaller model) work and avoid the tip blooming problems....

If they start using the Commercial brushes on residential, tip blooming can occur....

We are careful to select the correct brush, but only bring out the stiffer brushes as needed...

Otherwise, we also do some Red pad scrubbing under our Rotovac 360 XL's....or of course in a lot of cases...just use the Rotovac to do it's actual work...

Just finding the right tool that is working at the time :)

Name
Marcus
Carpet cleaned up...looks great...hope it stays clean as it looks like cheapo carpet...
Hard to clean that stuff

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Wow, Mark, the stuff you revive! Well done. I really need to get a CRB. And convince my guys to use it.
Picked up a CRB a few months ago from Rick at Excellent Supply (yea that's a free plug for Rick). It is without a doubt an incredible tool. It's an outstanding agitation tool and for what it produces even after a thorough vacuuming. Like having a rotary extractor the CRB is a must have tool for any serious CC. It's one of the tools you wonder how you got by before it, and foolish for not getting it sooner.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My word I thought they had better places to eat than that.

Typical shit hole that I would find in bad places in town.

Mike Draper

Have owned a crb and have a 175 and a cimex. I'm telling ya Mark, nothing will outscrub the cimex while shower feeding pre-spray into the carpet and then HWE. You need to get one. Youll wonder how you lived without it all these years.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Have owned a crb and have a 175 and a cimex. I'm telling ya Mark, nothing will outscrub the cimex while shower feeding pre-spray into the carpet and then HWE. You need to get one. Youll wonder how you lived without it all these years.
Cimex prespray/scrub, followed by Zipper ????

STRONG move!

Name
Nate W.

We always do that on commercial jobs... Residential is a crb and rv360i...

The amount @Mark Saiger paid for the Crb, he could have bought a Cimex... lol

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We always do that on commercial jobs... Residential is a crb and rv360i...

The amount @Mark Saiger paid for the Crb, he could have bought a Cimex... lol

I just use my brothers....for the price of a nice 12 pack of beer....and then we drink it together :very_drunk:

(and my CRB fits in my van with my other stuff....LOL)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I agree...it is a seriously great machine!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Cimex prespray/scrub, followed by Zipper ????

We actually do it the opposite way. HWE first, then follow with Encap (Cimex or MiniMax) on our commercial jobs. Encap product helps with wicking issues and then keeps working after we are gone as they vacuum.

Not sure I understand why you'd encap first, then HWE and strip away all the encap?

Name
Marcus
What is the difference in a crb and the old host brush cleaning.....seams really pricy....
I used a host to scrub tile and grout for a while.but couldn't quiet get down into the grout lines as well as
A grout brush ....

Mike Draper

We actually do it the opposite way. HWE first, then follow with Encap (Cimex or MiniMax) on our commercial jobs. Encap product helps with wicking issues and then keeps working after we are gone as they vacuum.

Not sure I understand why you'd encap first, then HWE and strip away all the encap?

Meg, I put down a very light prespray on the carpet then run ultrapac through the cimex. Then HWE, then speed dry. On really, really nasty's I will follow with an encap process for the final results. I try and stay away from those places. Mainly becuase that is a hell of a process and I want to be paid for it. Most restaruants dont want to pay for it.

Name
Nate W.

Some people use the Cimex to scrub their prespray in before HWE... The cimex is a awesome scrubbing machine... It's not just used for encapsulation method...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What is the difference in a crb and the old host brush cleaning.....seams really pricy....
I used a host to scrub tile and grout for a while.but couldn't quiet get down into the grout lines as well as
A grout brush ....

I have not used a Host, but I believe the host is a rotary type scrubber, not sure the weight differences either.

CRB is more forward, back direction of the rotation for scrubbing.

I think they are going to be very similar in scrub action....and agree, sometimes the CRB is not able to break out all the soils in a grout line, and had scrubbing will still come into play I would say....

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Did this with the old three jet 360i today. Still the most versital tool to have on a van. IMO Never really understood all need for five tools to do the same job. But, its cool to have a collection. I guess kinda like having old sports cars, just never can settle on one. Looks good Mark. Was that the spinner Zippy?

Attachments

• IMG_20150806_091119.jpg
    IMG_20150806_091119.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Did this with the old three jet 360i today. Still the most versital tool to have on a van. IMO Never really understood all need for five tools to do the same job. But, its cool to have a collection. I guess kinda like having old sports cars, just never can settle on one. Looks good Mark. Was that the spinner Zippy?

Regular 15 inch Zipper....

Floor was so rippled (not the carpet, but the floor) we weren't even sure at the beginning if a zipper was going to work....

The Spinner being a bit wider front to back I don't think could have got any suction....

We know we could not Rotovac it unfortunately also, as the floor was just crazy all over the place....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom