+ Reply to Thread
    Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    www.naturalcleaningsystems.ca
    Credits
    Thanks

Cleaning Walk off/entrance mats on site (Commercial)

Is it possible to clean heavily soiled poorly maintained northeran climate walk off mats on site. I was thinking spinner then pre spray then 360. I always take them out to power wash then clean.The power washing seems to take a very very long time before the water comes clean.The handling is also not fun. Got to be a better way?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name
    gene miller
    Credits
    Thanks

Re: Cleaning Walk off/entrance mats on site (Commercial)

i have hung then off dumpster and used a garden hose before. recently i used the zipper on one and it cleaned right up, but that won't help you much. pre spray, garden hose with a nozzle .

gene

Name
    Keith
    Credits
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mardie
    Is it possible to clean heavily soiled poorly maintained northeran climate walk off mats on site. I was thinking spinner then pre spray then 360. I always take them out to power wash then clean.The power washing seems to take a very very long time before the water comes clean.The handling is also not fun. Got to be a better way?

Thanks
    Yeah there is, it's called "HWE"!

Why won't your foam work?

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Able 1

Thanks

Don't try to tell me that a wand will work on these heavily embedded mats . I have seen the results many times and it is terrible.I seen one guy try the wand 4 separate times on the same mats with no noticeable results. I have redone wand cleaned mats several times. It takes me on the average of 45 minutes with a power washer just to flush the muck out until i get clean water then i dry them up and at this point they look very dirty. That is when i clean them with my machine and the results are fantastic. That is a lot of work counting all the handling.

I can see you only want to be a smart ass. Your simple reply shows me that you have no experience in this situation.
    The reason i asked this question is because i am hoping that the vacuum with water will work better and faster than the power washer and may even give me a finished product without all the handling.

Name
    Keith
    Credits
    Thanks

Thanks

Don't try to tell me that a wand will work on these heavily embedded mats . I have seen the results many times and it is terrible.I seen one guy try the wand 4 separate times on the same mats with no noticeable results. I have redone wand cleaned mats several times. It takes me on the average of 45 minutes with a power washer just to flush the muck out until i get clean water then i dry them up and at this point they look very dirty. That is when i clean them with my machine and the results are fantastic. That is a lot of work counting all the handling.

I can see you only want to be a smart ass. Your simple reply shows me that you have no experience in this situation.
    The reason i asked this question is because i am hoping that the vacuum with water will work better and faster than the power washer and may even give me a finished product without all the handling.
    REALLY! Heavily embedded is what I have no experience in? how about this?:

How would you clean that with your foam?

Name
    Keith
    Credits
    Thanks

BTW that's a couple years of salt and rock hard..

Name
    Richard C.
    Credits
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,152 Posts

They have so much impacted dirt they could use a good rug dusting. You could take to a laundry that specializes in mats and just mark it up to cover your time for pickup delivery and a little for cleaning. They have the abilty to cleam to like new condition.

We badger our own and HWE them, they pretty good but pale in comparrison to those run through their mat machines.
    "I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog."
    Bob Lee Swagger Shooter

Name
    David Sweeney
    Site
    www.sweeneybrothers.com
    Credits
    Thanks

What are you using for a vacuum cleaner?

We tend to drop a literal shit tone of dry soil out of these rugs with the our duster before we wash them and that alone has saved us an hour on the wash floor with them. Get the mud out dry before you make it a muck.
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...AwesomeDog.jpg

Bloomington, Illinois Rug Cleaning Oriental Rugs Carpet Cleaning
    Certified Master Rug Cleaner
    Sweeney Bros. Carpet and Rug Gallery
    11 Wesport Ct.
    Bloomington, IL 61704
    http://www.sweeneybrothers.com

http://www.MasterRugCleaner.com

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

First of all that is not a walk off mat. I know that pictures don't show the true dirt the way the eye sees it but i don't see much dirt their,this is a salt issue and the way i would clean that is first i would soak it down with white vinegar and let it dwell for at least 1/2 hr. then i would flush it out with water and vacuum until the water comes clean (the vinegar and salt will look white until it is all flushed out) Then i would put some air movers on it over the weekend then remove the air movers and let the carpet sit for at least 1 week then come back and clean it with my machine.

You went of subject by asking me. I am the one looking for a better way to clean entrance mats on site.

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beldar Conehead
    They have so much impacted dirt they could use a good rug dusting. You could take to a laundry that specializes in mats and just mark it up to cover your time for pickup delivery and a little for cleaning. They have the abilty to cleam to like new condition.

We badger our own and HWE them, they pretty good but pale in comparrison to those run through their mat machines.
    I am invited to tour a rug cleaning plant to do rugs for me and am looking forward to it. I will be looking for a mat machine plant. Is it common for rug plants to have mat machines?

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweendogg
    What are you using for a vacuum cleaner?

We tend to drop a literal shit tone of dry soil out of these rugs with the our duster before we wash them and that alone has saved us an hour on the wash floor with them. Get the mud out dry before you make it a muck.
    Did not do any dry extraction. Just thought the power washer would do the trick.

Name
    Keith
    Credits
    Thanks

First of all that is not a walk off mat. I know that pictures don't show the true dirt the way the eye sees it but i don't see much dirt their,this is a salt issue and the way i would clean that is first i would soak it down with white vinegar and let it dwell for at least 1/2 hr. then i would flush it out with water and vacuum until the water comes clean (the vinegar and salt will look white until it is all flushed out) Then i would put some air movers on it over the weekend then remove the air movers and let the carpet sit for at least 1 week then come back and clean it with my machine.

You went of subject by asking me. I am the one looking for a better way to clean entrance mats on site.
    Commercial carpet mats or glued down are just the same to me... By the way you described your procedure,you will be buying a TM anytime now.

I told you the best way to clean them you just refuse to believe it..

NO airmovers just happy customers!

Name
    Frank Mendo
    Credits
    Thanks

I was thinking spinner then pre spray then 360.
    Can you explain what you mean??
    Spinner??
    360??

Do you have HWE equipment??
    Porty hacking at it's finest.

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/
    Carpet Cleaning Bronx NY
    Carpet Cleaning Yonkers NY

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

Commercial carpet mats or glued down are just the same to me... By the way you described your procedure,you will be buying a TM anytime now.

I told you the best way to clean them you just refuse to believe it..

NO airmovers just happy customers!
    You sure do have a hardon regarding the method you use to make your living. I personally use several different methods and utilize the method or combonation of methods that best suite the situation.

Name
    Mardie VanBree
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goomer
    I was thinking spinner then pre spray then 360.

Can you explain what you mean??
    Spinner??
    360??

Do you have HWE equipment??
    Spinner=hard surface cleaning tool. 360i = Rotovac
    No i do not have HWE equipment yet.

Name
    Richard C.
    Credits
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,152 Posts

Is it common for rug plants to have mat machines?
    I'm not sure, here in town it's large laundry companies that do walkoff mats.
    "I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog."
    Bob Lee Swagger Shooter

Name
    bryan
    Site
    www.daburns.com
    Credits
    Thanks

The reason mats don't clean wel with HWE is due to the solid vinyl backing. You'll have a similar problem with direct glue or vinyl backed carpet tile, just generally less grit. No airflow through the backing = poor soil removal.

If you want to clean them on site you'll need good agitation and vacuum. A CRB machine or pile lifter would be a good start, then clean SLOWLY using a rotary extractor.

Pressure washing will be more thorough and faster, but you need somewhere to do it.

PS: All plant rug washers can handle mats. Laundries typically can only handle the type of mats leased by Cintex or ABM that have a soft, flexible backing and can be run in a commercial washing machine.
    http://www.cleaningcollege.org
    Thanks to everyone. We're pretty sure everyone got their money's worth.

http://www.daburns.com

User Tag List