Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator
    Name
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Site
    santacruzclean.com
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,949 Posts
    Yep, pre scrubbing with a 175, CRB, Cimex or a even a damn grandi groomer will always get better results than a wand and dwell time alone.

but on impacted greasy pile carpet, the scrub and wand method wont remove even half of what a well formulated RE can and will.

these goofs who think a CRB is going to even come close are just too poor or don't have the right connections to own or test a RE to find out just how wrong they are.
    ®The Center Of The Carpet Cleaning Universe©

Name
    Larry Capitoni
    Credits
    Thanks
    Pile or glue down on that project?

Builders grade cut pile nylon..maybe 30 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey P View Post

these goofs who think a CRB is going to even come close are just too poor or don't have the right connections to own or test a RE to find out just how wrong they are.
    CRB ain't sheeit for pre-scrub.
    been there too..years ago..both light and heavy machines

I've tested the cimex / wand combo against the 360 and it still didn't compare
    what pads or brushes under the 'Mex, Mike?
    white pads?

Neither are very aggressive

..L.T.A.

Administrator
    Name
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Site
    santacruzclean.com
    Credits
    Thanks
    the whole CRB prescurb pheeeNOmynOn is based on some clumbs of hair, fiber and tads of sand or grit.

They do about zilch for greasy sticky soil.

You need a heavy 175 or better yet a WFRE to get the goo off.
    Last edited by Mikey P; 03-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Name
    Michael
    Site
    www.lcscleaningconcepts.com
    Credits
    Thanks
    We use both a crb to vacuum/ lift pile and to scrubb prespray into carpet followed by a rotary clean and the result are incredible.

Administrator
    Name
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Site
    santacruzclean.com
    Credits
    Thanks
    Is there any pile left?

Name
    Michael
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks
    Yes but using the vortexicon there was no soil or hair left it was perfectly clean, cleaner than when it was installed.

the key is the VORTEX. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND BUY ONE!

Name
    Chris Adkins
    Site
    www.excelcarpetcleaners.com
    Credits
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dealtimeman View Post
    Yes but using the vortexicon there was no soil or hair left it was perfectly clean, cleaner than when it was installed.

the key is the VORTEX. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND BUY ONE!
    "And I may or may not have one for sale..."

Name
    Michael
    Site
    Credits
    Thanks
    I am actually looking for another unit right now. At the right price of course.

Credits
    Thanks
    Emotions aside, an enclosed motor is an enclosed motor. Judson's opinion is quite credible on this machine. I've personally worked with carbon fiber repairs after lightning strikes on aircraft and it does a great job of shielding and strengthening at the same time. A carbon handle on a floor machine should help anyone sleep at night and certainly not extract on their tippy toes on wet carpet. I lurked in the past at some electrical shock issues from the first units and wonder if it was something associated with the upper part of the handle and the components up there?

This t-rex gizmo has me really taking another look a better rotary then the one I have. At a distance I like all the things Judson pointed out. The honeymoon with my RX20 was disaster. The stock airflow design on the RX is a textbook example of the industries attitude as a whole of "mediocrity". It's a soaker out of the box and just heavy enough for me need aluminum ramps when I got pissed off enough lugging it around. I farbled around with the jetting till it was tolerable and in the end just added to my opinion of what's wrong with these people?, why do they keep pumping these out this way? Are the majority of RX purchaser/users ignorant of this jetting or just to accepting/timid to say something about it these past years of production? The RX was and is screaming for re-engineering and reminds me of our lawmakers and the speed at which they right the wrongs.

IMOP the RX lack of engineering paved the way for Sapphireicon and Mytee to produce their latest gizmos, even Rotovac. I have the Rotovac 360 original with upgraded swooped heads. Yes it's on the van (somewhere?) and yes I've made friends with it. But after buying the original Rotovac dual head (and modifying heavily) then parking years ago because of slow productivity, and seeing the same cheesy craftsmanship on the Rotovac 360 (stupid adjustment features, crude jetting, not back purging the welding process where needed) simply cemented for me never purchasing from RV in the future. I thought I could be friends enough with the 360 to get my jobs done well and fast (after all it's like 35lbs) but it just collects crap on it stuffed in my van. Matter of fact, when I get my van ready today I think I'll pull it out.

This next year I'll take a closer look at the Mytee and the Sapphireicon.

Name
    Paul Brown
    Credits
    Thanks
    Update on my TRex....

I had the 4" taller Unreinforced carbon handle installed at the end of February. It's flimsy compared to the shorter one and about 2" too long for me. There are some changes coming down the pike in the TRex handles and I suggested to John some alternatives.

I've found the TRex to be a really useful tool in slow speed gentle bonneting of oriental rugs on site after prevacuuming and a vapor steam/charged solvent light cleaning. The drive plate I have for this is a Malish plate similar to my Rx bonnet drive plate. I asked John if he would make me a Velcro drive plate that would be less aggressive to glad pads.

It's proven to be a effective tool when run at 40-75 rpm. Minus the standard carpet head, the machine loses serious weight, so distortion on wool isn't a problem. I improved the appearance on 5 Stark rugs this week at one estate in Glen Ellen. One of the Starks was a serious bleeder. Clients were happy and I got paid.

I've had zero problems with the TRex since it arrived in February. My only complaint is jet weeping. Mytee is working on check valves at the jets to counter this.

I'm also having fun with a new Trinity OP. Wow! It absolutely redefines agitation! I have three Cimex, 4 CRBS, and 3 other Small orbit OP Machines. The difference between the Trinity and smaller orbit OP is about like comparing a two motor portable to a vortexicon with a 25' hose run.
    Last edited by pablomoreno; 09-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Supportive Member
    Name
    sam miller
    Site
    www.sammillerscarpetcare.net
    Credits
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleCarpetCleaners View Post
    Emotions aside, an enclosed motor is an enclosed motor. Judson's opinion is quite credible on this machine. I've personally worked with carbon fiber repairs after lightning strikes on aircraft and it does a great job of shielding and strengthening at the same time. A carbon handle on a floor machine should help anyone sleep at night and certainly not extract on their tippy toes on wet carpet. I lurked in the past at some electrical shock issues from the first units and wonder if it was something associated with the upper part of the handle and the components up there?

This t-rex gizmo has me really taking another look a better rotary then the one I have. At a distance I like all the things Judson pointed out. The honeymoon with my RX20 was disaster. The stock airflow design on the RX is a textbook example of the industries attitude as a whole of "mediocrity". It's a soaker out of the box and just heavy enough for me need aluminum ramps when I got pissed off enough lugging it around. I farbled around with the jetting till it was tolerable and in the end just added to my opinion of what's wrong with these people?, why do they keep pumping these out this way? Are the majority of RX purchaser/users ignorant of this jetting or just to accepting/timid to say something about it these past years of production? The RX was and is screaming for re-engineering and reminds me of our lawmakers and the speed at which they right the wrongs.

IMOP the RX lack of engineering paved the way for Sapphireicon and Mytee to produce their latest gizmos, even Rotovac. I have the Rotovac 360 original with upgraded swooped heads. Yes it's on the van (somewhere?) and yes I've made friends with it. But after buying the original Rotovac dual head (and modifying heavily) then parking years ago because of slow productivity, and seeing the same cheesy craftsmanship on the Rotovac 360 (stupid adjustment features, crude jetting, not back purging the welding process where needed) simply cemented for me never purchasing from RV in the future. I thought I could be friends enough with the 360 to get my jobs done well and fast (after all it's like 35lbs) but it just collects crap on it stuffed in my van. Matter of fact, when I get my van ready today I think I'll pull it out.

This next year I'll take a closer look at the Mytee and the Sapphireicon.
    Sounds to me you need to stick to a 6 jet ti and be happy!
    I wonder how did I get here????????

www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Credits
    Thanks
    Actually it's about time I considered the Cadillac of wands. My last glideicon is bout flat on my WP 4jet. Can anyone recommend the friendliest/priced supplier for the prochemicon Titanium? And is Lisa still supplying glides for it? And and and, for the money they charge, is the jetting truly ready out of the box?

tnx

Name
    John Olson
    Site
    superiorcleaningsolutions.com
    Credits
    Thanks
    Just call me. Wand and glideicon all in one package
    John Olson
    877-644-0077
    Superior Cleaning Solutions, LLC
    Carpet Cleaning Equipment, Supplies and Tools
    Used Truck Mount Sales
    Used Vans, Carpet Cleaning Truckmounts
    "I want to hire a professional to do it for me. There is not enough time in the day to screw around with something that I am not trained to do."-Jeremy Newman
    MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
    Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose. We should never throw any opportunities away.~Kim Costa

User Tag List