1.5 verse 2.0inch wand tube

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
i've been thinking of switching from a 1.5 inch wand to a 2 inch tube wand, i use a mytee ltd5, never had to go over 65ft of vac hose yet, this is leaving the machine outside the front door, currently using a 1.5 aw29 wand, all works just fine. Would it be worth it to make the switch or not really. Am i gonna be like "WOW" what a difference or regret it cause not really much of an improvement.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
i've been thinking of switching from a 1.5 inch wand to a 2 inch tube wand, i use a mytee ltd5, never had to go over 65ft of vac hose yet, this is leaving the machine outside the front door, currently using a 1.5 aw29 wand, all works just fine. Would it be worth it to make the switch or not really. Am i gonna be like "WOW" what a difference or regret it cause not really much of an improvement.
I am assuming you are using 50ft. of 2 in hose and 15ft of 1/12 in.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
if your using 2 inch all the way, you might as well use a 2 in wand too. Hard to say how much of a difference it makes but it's handling the hoses that is the problem. if your ok with the hoses then the wand should be a piece of cake

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Meanwhile, I am considering switching to 1.5 inch hose with an adapter cuff to my 2 inch tools. At least the 50 ft at the tool.
Is this doable?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Kellie, if I understand you right, you want to add a 1.5 whip to your 2inch hose but continue to use your 2 inch tools. I don't think that works very well as your building up a lot of cfm in the 2 in, pinching it down in the 1.5 (which will increase the velocity) then expanding in the 2 in tool. I think you will see a drop in performance, how much it's hard to say. I would say go with a 15 ft whip of 1.5 for a wand (a 1.5 wand) and stick with 2in hose all the way to your 2 in tools.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Well, the only 1.5 tools I have are my UPH tool, the Westpac hard surface tool and my SX 12....
So I will just stick with the 2 inch to the wand, RV and Zipper lol.
I have a tapered 15 inch whip that goes down to 1.5 and will use that for the other tools.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
The wand I have is the only one I can use, and even that one only for short periods of time. Its position when cleaning is the best I've been able to find, for my back.
I just sold my Hydroforce titanium wand because I cannot use it at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom