1 minute back to school cleaning special video

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I just recorded a 1 minute Back To Special Video.

I would love some feedback.

I plan on using it in a targeted Facebook campaign. I will target my city, woman over 30, with Kids, probably homeowners.

It will also go out to all my clients in the monthly newsletter.

Sorry the link changed. Video back up now

Last edited:

Ron K

I would put something in like. "And for those you who wanted to just want a great autumn home clean up with out having kids we'll offer you the same special pricing and service!"

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I would put something in like. "And for those you who wanted to just want a great autumn home clean up with out having kids we'll offer you the same special pricing and service!"
Yep, he's right. Bearing your children should not have to be a condition of service.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Yep, he's right. Bearing your children should not have to be a condition of service.

While I always appreciate the feedback, I think this is kind of point of target marketing. I do serve those without kids also.

This particular promotion is a back to school promotion. It is also going to be used as a targeted Facebook ad. So unless someone shares it, the only people who will see the video will be Woman, over 30, homeowners with kids.

Kind of similar to running a pet urine decontamination special. You will market it to people with pets.

I think most of us probably have promotions or discounts that single out a group of people. Senior citizen discount, military discount ect.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Well, in his spot removal vid, I woulda grabbed the cat and started scrubbing with it. But he isn't paying me for advice, so we'll just keep it a secret.

Reactions: tmiklethun

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would just keep going and improving the videos each time.

Didnt really like it but understand when you do 10 more you will look back and see how much you improved.
Eventually it will click and you get a system down.

Most people just give up too easily...

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
GREAT IDEA!!!

2 thoughts. Can you get a woman to be the voice? You are reading slower than most commercials you hear on TV or Radio. I wanted you to go fast just speed it up buddy was my first thought.

Again

Great Idea. What programs did you use to do it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was a cool idea but I think for you to get the best value from something like that you'll need to work on increasing your "Likes" numbers.

That way not only will those that paid to serve it to but the organic that have liked your page too. Organic doesn't cost you anything either. :winky:

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
GREAT IDEA!!!

2 thoughts. Can you get a woman to be the voice? You are reading slower than most commercials you hear on TV or Radio. I wanted you to go fast just speed it up buddy was my first thought.

Again

Great Idea. What programs did you use to do it?

It was a powerpoint animated presentation that I recorded with a snagit screen capture. Thanks

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
So to give a quick report card. Here is a screen shot of the Facebook stats. Overall probably not worth the time to do, but the cost was so low it wasn't really a big risk. What the hell you never know if you don't try, Right?

Facebook stats.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lots of views. Any "Page Likes", "Shares" or "Comments"? Those are the types of Engagement you are looking for.

The video while very cool, takes time to watch. I personally wouldn't take the time unless I were very interested to begin with. Maybe put it on your website and link it from Facebook back to your site?

You could always try just an ad or you could boost a post showing before & after and see what your results are.

For one reason or another the video just didn't connect with people that it was served to.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Wow, 1700 video views. That seems like a lot.

I never seen the ad, was there a way to buy?
A link on the video or under it with an offer?

For that many views i would take another crack at it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
It works for an ad in a movie theater or a gas pump video monitor (captive audiences) otherwise it's 40 secs too long.
Take a tip from YouTube. Their ads are rarely longer than 15 or 20 secs. One minute on Facebook for me better be something with Kate Upton in it or Donald Trump slamming a senator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom