10" CRB owners, speak up

Mikey P

Administrator
I've seen maybe 3 people who bought a 10 and didn't like it and went up to a 15 or bigger.

I've seen a few goobers speculate that it's a toy..

Or a fad..

Or a lazy cleaner or two who thought that they may start pre scrubbing if they had a light weight machine, but decided more or stronger prespray is just easier after all

But if you're a quality conscious cleaner who gets your demanded price and furnished residential is your nich, there is no better pre scrubber.

Carpet, especially poly.

ESPECIALLY poly staircases.

LVP.

Tile and Stone.

After my vacuum and wand, it's the 3rd most used tool on my and my guy's vans. More so than upholstery and tile tools.

Why? Besides the performance factor, it's because it's one hand-able and not needing a separate trip like a larger model or a 175. It's quick, easy, effective and versatile and most importantly, it gets used and no matter how you cheat, nothing provides better results than pre scrubbing.

10 users, what are your thoughts?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yeah, the 10" is great. This was a missing link in our process before we got a couple. Nothing like excellent preconditioning. Not to mention the crud it pulls out! So good in fact, we bought a 20" for commercial. Awesome and fast!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I cleaned for @WillS 's parents the other day, second time actually. The 1st time I used the 10 as the carpet was pitched.

Only a few month had passed so I skipped the pre scrubbing.

Dad noticed and made a comment...

If anything had gone wrong guess what they would have thought...

They did call back later that day.....

To make another appointment 3 months out.

Reactions: DWIGHT@FSC

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have been using the 10 inch for about 9 years now.

Matter of fact... those first two units from 9 years ago are still going after some minor fix ups from use and abuse they have seen.

One of our favorite tools on the vans. Wouldn't be without them.

Everyone poo pooing them makes me laugh.

I couldn't care less if others think need bigger or don't use any agitation ever... Or drag that big 175 out of the van all day long.

I will be upstairs with my 10 inch CRB and a wand before they make it to the front door.

Little money maker on steroids for us!

steve_64

Mine is not working again. I need to send it in.

I'm glad I got the 15 but the 10 is such a space saver and conveniant to use.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Depends on your market polys make up about 20% market share and are generally only in the lowest of the lowest rentals here.

I don't know anyone who owns there own house who would choose to buy it twice.

So when I come across a poly that needs scrubbing I pull out the 175 because it smashes the crb for scrubbing (yes I've had mediocre results with a crb that a 175 laughed at) the exception is pet dander removal

I use my 175 twice as much as a CRB even though both are on board

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm not willing to give up 5" of every stroke on every job.

That Nebraska warehouse must be really putting the thumb screws on you!

But my wife likes our Oreck.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not willing to give up 5" of every stroke on every job.

That Nebraska warehouse must be really putting the thumb screws on you!

But my wife likes our Oreck.

You're looking at it with the same eyes that bought a seat the shoves your knees into that stupid air filter on your 900.

I sat in one the other day, unbelievable.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
On a serious note, You sat on an SCR? What did you think? Did the bike seem really small for you? I hated the stock seat. Felt like a park bench.

That air filter is a ridiculous design. WTF is Yamaha thinking! Going to install an aftermarket K&N.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Depends on your market polys make up about 20% market share and are generally only in the lowest of the lowest rentals here.

I don't know anyone who owns there own house who would choose to buy it twice.

So when I come across a poly that needs scrubbing I pull out the 175 because it smashes the crb for scrubbing (yes I've had mediocre results with a crb that a 175 laughed at) the exception is pet dander removal

I use my 175 twice as much as a CRB even though both are on board
You go right ahead... I rather I didn't use the 175...CRB for the win! Everytime...

Although, I have job coming up, looped Berber, I'll have to use 175, fiber pad, and ironman... pretty bad.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
10" CRB
10" Oreck.

No doubt- 10" Dev is the future.

tiny-houses-1520617523.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I like that it is light enough to take out of the van on most jobs but heavy enough to actually do its job. I like the versatility of the 10. I do rugs and tiles as often as I do wall to wall carpet. If I had a box truck I would have an additional larger one for commercial work...I don’t do much commercial now. I would hate getting a 175 in and out of the van as often as I do the CRB. The 10 combined with the Devastator wand cannot be beat.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I had a 15” and 20” Whittaker machines I bought thru Shaw product care 25 years ago, sold them both used, good machines. I have been considering purchasing the 15” Trio for use when needed.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I cleaned for @WillS 's parents the other day, second time actually. The 1st time I used the 10 as the carpet was pitched.

Only a few month had passed so I skipped the pre scrubbing.

Dad noticed and made a comment...

If anything had gone wrong guess what they would have thought...

They did call back later that day.....

To make another appointment 3 months out.

That water stain remove when you used it? Or did you just use it to scrub and no encap? A little encap would pop that right out. :)

They really are happy with the cleanings though.

I need to get a NaturalDry open down there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom