10" CRB Sale

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Here's a sale item that we emailed to our customers earlier this week. It's for the genuine Austrian made 10" CRB machine, plus 1 extra set of brushes (your choice of firmness), and free shipping - all for $1725. This sale is going on thru Tuesday. I know that a quite a few of the MB crowd love these machines, so I thought I'd also post a copy of it here before the sale runs out.

Retail on the 10" BrushEncap machine is $2023. An extra set of brushes is $149. And average shipping runs around $50. The total comes to $2222. This offer at $1725 saves $497 off list price.

This deal is not listed on our website. If you're interested, please call us at our office 1-800-330-1888. But it won't last past Tuesday. ;)

BE10-Sale.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
So Rick one question. Does it come with brushes? And if so what set comes with it?

Mikey P

Administrator
The machine comes with the medium brushes which is what you'll use for most everything.

It would be a hard choice for me to choose either the Xtra stiff (for tile and trashed CGD) or the Xtra soft, for wool/silks. Commercial and Tile would most likely be done with out larger units

In your case Billy, go for the Stiff for your restaurants

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
@encapman I bought a 15 inch but didn't get commercial brushes for it.

I only see on your site to order commercial brushes with purchase of CRB.

Can I order 15 inch commercial brushes ?

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The machines come with the standard brushes. They're good for normal commercial carpet, for durable residential like Berber, and for floor scrubbing. Basically all-around usage for running the gamut.

There are also firm brushes that can be used as a beefier option for CGD carpet like olefin tough loop. They're also good for T&G.

And there are soft brushes for more delicate pieces like rugs, and softer carpets like saxony.

The optional brush sets for the 15" machine sell for $167. And the optional brush sets for the 10" machine sell for $149.

P.S. Any of the brushes can be ordered at any time. Just call us to order whatever you need 800-330-1888.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Rick, it's probably a good idea to let buyers know that the CRB should not be used with products containing salt like Procyon. I wasn't warned and caused damage to my CRB's with Procyon--damage which is not covered under warranty.

Mikey P

Administrator
yes, please elaborate Steve

Were you using Procyon as a pre spray, scrubbing with the BP and not rinsing the unit after use?

Or was this in a wash pit setting ?

What actually got damaged?

Kind of strange as any carpet I'm using Procyon for as a prespray, probably doesn't need scrubbing...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Apparently Procyon contains corrosive salts. The good folks at Carpet Cleaner America (the importer) do a truly awesome job of standing behind these machines. They've been great taking care of us and our customers. However they weren't able to cover 100% of the cost for "damage" to that machine, because of the corrosion caused by the Procyon. So it is a good point to consider, corrosives should be avoided; or rinsed off thoroughly after using, as Ron mentioned above.

Obviously, using anything other than Releasit voids all warranties. :eekk: :winky: :lol:
Just kidding.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Steve Lawrence
yes, please elaborate Steve

Were you using Procyon as a pre spray, scrubbing with the BP and not rinsing the unit after use?

Or was this in a wash pit setting ?

What actually got damaged?

Kind of strange as any carpet I'm using Procyon for as a prespray, probably doesn't need scrubbing...

Yes, we used the CRB's mostly for scrubbing in Procyon after prespraying wall to wall carpets. Somehow it seems the Procyon was getting in the guts and damaging gears. We rinsed off and towel dried religiously each day but 10.5 months after new the 10" unit went down with gut damage. However, our rinsing the housing did nothing for any Procyon that got inside to the gears. Waiting for the other shoe to drop on my other 10" and 20". We have discontinued using Procyon with CRB's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Next question would be: if Procyon is so gung-ho on the health effects of other cleaning solutions, then what's Ivan's take on this?
We've heard the lame "garlic on your sole will be tasted in your mouth" -how many times? So I guess after Procyon, we should taste corrosive salts that damage equipment?

(disclaimer: I realize that we eat and drink a ton of stuff that is damaging to metals and our bodies.
My point here, is that Procyon is being sold as the greatest healthy thing because there is nothing in it to cause anything...)

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Procyon has a picture of a baby sitting on the carpet holding and sucking on a bottle of procyon LOL. It destroys metal... uh... this is the safe product? Or is it just Soap Free? Funny.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Procyon has a picture of a baby sitting on the carpet holding and sucking on a bottle of procyon LOL. It destroys metal... uh... this is the safe product? Or is it just Soap Free? Funny.

I always thought that was just stupid. He explained the story about his grandkid ending up with the empty bottle during a photoshoot etc... It's still dumb.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
Dirk..

Nope.

A crb as a resi pre scubber is for light sandy, gritty soil, pet hair and pile restoration
They suck on oily soil due to lack of flat weight.
175 and a fiber pad or a Cimex is king at sludge removal

If you're too cheap or broke or in a hurry to not have a 360Brush Head on board, that is.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Id like to know why Procyon isnt eating HydroForce dema valves and GPH meters..

Im guessing it just eats Aluminum, which I think is what the 10" gears are made of..

Saiger says the gears are plastic so perhaps the damage was done to peripheral components. I really don't know. Maybe I'll open one up and see what's going on.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Gears are plastic.

That little 10 inch CRB is absolutely one of my favorite tools!

Maybe moisture got in via some of the silicone on the lower housing missing a seal or came apart....

But not sure what was the internal problem with Steve's particular unit.....

We have had a couple of ours over 8 years now...I finally rebuilt two of them a year ago with new end caps (which were finally starting to deteriorate) and those came with new bearings....sold one of those to my Brother Dave, and kept the other, but bought a new on on the last MB special....

Love the 10 inch because it is heavy enough to do it's job, but light enough where I can pick it up with one hand....and carry a Zipper or a wand or something else in the other hadn.

As far as better than a Rotary...Rotary with more weight and probably less surface spread out can still dig out crud ....

But yeah...it is a great unit that I will never not have on a truck at this time!

Oh...and I do recommend the Darker (Brown stiff Brushes) to have...went a number of years without them...boy am I glad I have those now too!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom