12" Carpet Wand

lesterj2

Im looking to buy a decent wand to start off...
Would this wand be best for carpet cleaning or tile/grout cleaning... I ask because it says it has a 1200 psi valve...
I thought that I need one with like 500-750 psi for carpet cleaning... Its listed on EBAY...

Here's the link: 12" Carpet Wand

Greenie

did you buy your truckmount on ebay?

How tall are you?
What are you looking for, just a tool to get by with, a good tool, a high performance tool?

lesterj2

i found the truckmount van on Craigslist... and im just wondering would that wand get me by until I could afford a more fancy one... 8)

Greenie

lesterj2 said:
i found the truckmount van on Craigslist... and im just wondering would that wand get me by until I could afford a more fancy one... 8)

Yes.

btw: what is that contraption connecting the vacuum hoses in your van, I am specifically referring to the short piece off of your filter box where it attaches to your coil of hose? Is it a bunch of duct tape?

lesterj2

Greenie said:
Yes.

btw: what is that contraption connecting the vacuum hoses in your van, I am specifically referring to the short piece off of your filter box where it attaches to your coil of hose? Is it a bunch of duct tape?
if this is what you are talking about it is just connecting the hoses together... is it in the correct spot and do I connect the wand to the other end of it...

Chads

Supportive Member
Do us a favor and find somebody close to you to help you in person I'm sure there is somebody close too you that posts on here. That will help you more than you know. And I run that same wand your talking about buying and they ship pretty fast.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that wand is fine and dandy, Lester.

but don't blow over 350psi with it.
anything above 450psi and it becomes a "carpet backing injection" tool

there's actually jomokes that blow 650+psi with that style wand. :shock:
Chem-Dri LOVES those guys

..L.T.A.

Greenie

To add to Meat's comments...

The backing injection is promoted daily in this industry, it falls apon the TruckMount Manufacturers who release with their units, wands with tiny jets.
If they would focus less on how high the temp gauge reads, and more on how well the wand cleans and dries, these poor bastards that buy these units would be so frustrated in trying to accomplish the task at hand, clean carpets. This frustration is what causes the average jamoke to turn the pressure up in desperation to get more rinsing.

I will go as far as saying ANY TM Mfgr. that releases a unit today with 04 total flow or less is borderline criminal, and sticking it to the little guy in the best case scenario.

Fortunately, your voice is heard, and we are making changes one machine at a time, one Mfgr. at a time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Amen Greenie,

I got twice (and I mean that) the performance out of my WM Commander HO once I got a 2" wand with 6 #2 jets and a Hybrid glide and ran 2" all the way with no whip.
AND WITH LESS STRESS ON THE MACHINE!!!
I was kicking myself in the ass for not doing it sooner.

Greenie, give me a quote on converting my filter box to a 2.5" please.
I am gonna do all I can now so I am not kicking myself a year later.

what else can I do?
Anyone?

Thanks

lesterj2

It arrived today I just took pics of the trigger and jets...

100_3998.jpg

100_4006.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That will work well for you, but don't be afraid to upgrade later and have that as a back up wand.
Sucks when something breaks on the job and you don't have a quick back up.

lesterj2

Brian Robison said:
That will work well for you, but don't be afraid to upgrade later and have that as a back up wand.
yeah I plan on getting a better one in the near future but I just wanted to make sure everything is running before I invest to much money into my wand... Are the jets pointing in the right direction or they dont adjust thats just how it sprays/sits...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
lesterj2 said:
Brian Robison said:
yeah I plan on getting a better one in the near future but I just wanted to make sure everything is running before I invest to much money into my wand... Are the jets pointing in the right direction or they dont adjust thats just how it sprays/sits...

Pretty sure that's it. Greenie may have some weird ass part that might change it but I don't know.
He has some jet extenders with check valves that bring the jets closer to the carpet to retain heat and keep it from drippin.

lesterj2

Greenie suggests that I clean 10 homes to get a feel for the wand before making any modifications...
But as much as his name gets mentioned when modifications are brought up about a wand... I figure he knows what he's talking about..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
lesterj2 said:
Greenie suggests that I clean 10 homes to get a feel for the wand before making any modifications...

That's probably the right way to go. I am just hyper as hell sometimes and can't wait to have the world.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been working with him for the last month on some things for me and my equipment. Some things work, some don't. He is pretty cool about it all and has helped me out alot.

TimP

If he sells you something HE isn't happy with he will make it right even if you don't expect it. He just helped me out with a wand problem I had....(ran it over) He got me fixed up, also my feather touch valve went out.....he didn't like the SS valve so he gave me a deal on replacing it with a brass one. He knows his stuff....and the Greenhorn wand is awesome....which is his custom made wand. Every high end cleaner should have one or a TI wand or something similar, the greenhorn is about the best bang for the buck when it comes to wands.

G

Ya know Lester,there was one on there for 200 or so that had 4 jets already angled,you should ask before you purchase.

Kevin

PS-it will save you money in the long run

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom