12 flow.

Mikey P

Administrator
Should be the standard by which all other methods and machinery are compared IMHO.

And any properly made 45 blower (>) TM should be able to deal with that volume just fine.

Step up or step aside.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I don't have direct experience with that flow yet. Once the new systems are up and running, I'll devote some time to experimenting with it.

I doubt that there will be a problem with it, as long as you keep the wand moving. The main thing will be to not let the spray "puddle" under the jets.

Sure, if you bounce the spray off of the wand lips or glides, you have less impact and less chance to puddle... but impact is a good part of what it's all about, in the final analysis, regarding flow rate.

As far as a system being, "properly made", I know I have that covered with regard to vacuum, with a couple of new tweaks I've put in.

I'll be curious to see how the heat holds up at that rate, though.

The thing is, that a standard should be developed. (I posted about this years and years (it seems) ago, on the CleanFax board when it was, "the" board.

The standard really should be based upon GPM... not "PSI" (it varies with hose length, hose size, as well as jet size), or jet size alone.

Mikey P

Administrator
The hell with running 3/8 hose and flood jets.

500 psi at 12 flow with a solid two inch Hole glided set up is just too convenient.

and effective.

Name
Ron lippold
we finally fit the mark here it's 24 flow on both wands we starve the pump, so back to 18 flow when dual wandin, just on one wand[/b]

Brad_Smith

15 flow on my butler 47 is no problem. Quick dry times. I do use the greenhorn with aggressive jet angles.

Brad Smith

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ODIN said:
Mickey is the new expert in physics and hydrodynamics

It doesn't take a physicist to know the carpets are getting cleaner, with the same or better dry times, and you can move the wand faster. Actually most physicists wouldn't know this unless they were trying to clean a black traffic lane in someone's house.

Greenie

Somebody quick chime in and remind the masses that 12 flow is NOT twice the volume of 06 flow, and 09 flow is NOT 50% more than 06 flow before some newbie gets the wrong picture.

Also, many high flow cleaners tend to turn their pressure DOWN a bit from their Coit and Stanley days of blasting with tiny jets.

but...it's still a nice step up in total water put down when you go from 06 to 012!

It's more like a 15-20% boost each time you step up to the next higher flow range across all the jets if all else remains the same.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I started cleaning with 12flow this week with my 405 and I am impressed. I think the heat is more than with the 6flow? All that I have for vac upgrades is the hole glide and the carpets are really dry. I was kind of skeptical at first but now I'm happy that I did it. That guy Greenie really know what he's talking about!

dallasdj

how do I know if 12's will work with my set-up

I have a 538 Dynachem with that gun-jet triggered wand on his site

Greenie?

TimP

I know my cds has no problem with 10 flow. I've been thinking about 12 flow to keep the heat flowing better and to be able to do faster wet strokes. I'm kinda worried about needing a 2.5 port first, but I suppose I need to try it one day. Actually when I buy some replacement jets I'll probably buy both.

Greenie

The jumps are minimal, if you are gonna bump 010 flow, might as well go to 015 on your Greenhorn, can't hurt much, only you will know what works for you on your system and wand technique.

Dallas, If the unit is HX you may see a pretty big drop with 012 or you may not, I don't really know, what is your current jetting, and what is your current average cleaning temperature?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just jumped my greenhorn from 10to 15. Don't see much difference in heat or drying time. My HX seems to be keeping up.

I boosted the flow, not for more flow but to get bigger droplets on the carpet.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Steamin Demon has been hitting that flow rate for over a decade, and recovering it with one three stage Lamb vac.

You need to get Downey over here for that, and many more reasons!

Thanks,
Lee

Greenie

Whats even more impressive is the current demons use a 2 stage and still pick it up!

Mikey P

Administrator
The High Pressure SD at Mikefest soaked the rink carpets to the point that we had to rent a jet ski to rescue a stranded skater.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Yeah I wasnt all to impressed with the high pressure one myself...

sure it has the high pressure...but hell its hitting the damn machine...so whats the good of impact if it bounces off the machine???

My friggen 12 flow and 600 psi (atm) has better impact

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom