first job with it..

http://youtu.be/cLsAYVtNyms

20130619_105728_zpsa51b5124.jpg

Reactions: Art Kelley

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It looks like it did an excellent job on that carpet. Run it on a ceramic tile floor for a few seconds to see if it will scratch the fook out of it like the metal swoop heads do. Very likely it won't.

Mikey P

Administrator
with the nice round edges of the self healing GGlides, I'd have to say this is the seam and edge friendliest RE available.

It no longer feels like a toy going from the HOSS to the 12 inch "i" headed RV.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Does it weigh much more? Can you tell when you haul it up and down stairs the weight difference or is it not noticeable.

What is the weight compared to the hoss.

Thanks

Ron K

Mike I know you say they are self healing how do they look after a week of work?? Whats the replacement cost to non board owning people?

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't have a full week on these glides Ron, nor do I know their cost.

used it on 3 jobs today.

Cleans great buy the mega suck of my Vortex (with under 100 ft of hose) was really bogging the motor down on thick piles. To the point of a strange burning odor coming from the scorching hot motor. We had to add extra hose and open up the second vac post so the RV would spin freely. I checked the torque setting but it was already all the way up. RV is sending out a larger capacitor (3/4 instead of 1/3 on the 120 side but I think VAT owners are going to have to wait for the larger motor 360XL 15 inch tool.

Even the HOSS has a hard time with a VAT under 100 feet.

The glides are real nice on damaged areas...

http://youtu.be/X4RNXAdOC98

Reactions: dealtimeman

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
confirmed what I thought about that micro engine :)

thanks for vids.

just run your truck at idle...same power as...no wont go there :p

Ron K

Soooooooo????? How is this new toy holding up.....or is it a Toy???????????

Is it Chimp Proof??

What should be modified??

Will it last?

Name
Nate W.
I had/have Hole version Green Glides on the original RV360.. They do take a good beating from those cheap builders grade carpets when going over the tackstrip.. Mines got chewed up pretty good..

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
"Self Healing" is that like the term "Encapsulation" by the internet scampoo makers?

LOL!

More like scratches or dings get smoothed over with usage.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike are your guys using it one every job? or only the bad ones?

I was using one of our Powerglides with GreenGlides and cleaning "straight on" from carpet to tile smoothly, if you went at an angle it would bounce from the heads hitting the tile and you could feel and hear it.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Vortex was too much for it so we moved it to the C4 where along with the larger resistor it is working fine.No we dont use it or any RE on every job. Only a cleaner with no personality who relies strictly on over cleaning wow!ness to get repeats would do something stupid like that.

Yes builders grade carpet and any thin carpet that lets the Tackless poke through will tear up the glides. RE's are not to be put into the hands of *** members at their first rodeo. No are they to be used as water damage extraction devices.

That being said, I still have not had it long enough to comfortably recommend the use of that head with the i motor but I think smaller (4.8 blower or less) TM owners who don't want to spring for the XL version (with metal L shoes instead of teflon) and who know when and where to use it properly, should be satisfied with the speedier cleaning the 15 inch head offers.

Ron K

"Only a cleaner with no personality who relies strictly on over cleaning wow!ness to get repeats would do something stupid like that."

So it's not chimp proof! I was hoping it could be a Major piece of the "Small Town Dilemma" equation. Just like Tuburine used RX20's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom