1st day with House Call Pro

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
actually I changed my mind and went with Aron's List instead....

Here is the latest from AL the end is near.

This was in last weeks Indianapolis Business Journal. They sent me a email saying if I kept my advertising the same for next year they would give me an extra month. I feel like I might be in the drivers seat.

Here is an part of the article
On one side is Angie's List, a home-services reviews and marketplace firm that has repeatedly performed below Wall Street expectations and is hoping investors will give it more time. On the other side is IAC, parent of rival firm HomeAdvisor, hoping investors are fed up and ready to cash out.

Angie's List on Tuesday rejected IAC's takeover offer of $512 million, or $8.75 a share, saying it was more interested in trying out its turnaround growth plan. It was at least the second takeover offer by IAC, which made a private offer to buy Angie's List for $8.50 a share on Oct. 23.

Analysts who cover Angie's List, including Ken Copley of Iowa-based Capital Executive LLC, expect IAC to respond by sweetening its bid again. Depending on how that plays out, IAC could ultimately walk away or take its offer directly to shareholders with a so-called hostile takeover.

"If [IAC Chairman] Barry Diller really wants this, there's nothing they can do to stop him. He'll just take it right to the shareholders and force a vote," Copley said. "But the question is, 'Is it worth more?'"

Copley later said that if Angie's List CEO Scott Durchslag's growth plan, which includes $10 million in cost cuts, yields results, "then the shareholders stand to gain a lot more by Angie's List remaining a stand-alone company."

http://www.ibj.com/articles/55831-analysts-expect-iac-to-sweeten-angies-list-bid

Back
Top Bottom