2/22 is coming!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yeah, I know a lot of you gave freely for Ronald MacDonald house, but please don;t forget the February 22nd donate a day to a local charity of your choice. It's also important to take a good charity under your wing and give back to your community. I feel great pride in the little idea I had that's grown leaps and bounds over the few years since it started, Let's get it rolling again!

P.S. - I know a lot of you don't have a strong liking for Dusty Roberts, but danged if he isn't doing a bang up job!

https://www.saanichnews.com/news/a-...students-in-greater-victoria-school-district/

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I plan on cleaning chairs and some carpet next week at our local food bank. Our church has donated there for many years then right before Christmas a girl who works there called to see if I would be willing to either give a discount or donate the work. I told her no charge. I'm glad the poor folks will have a clean place to eat.

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Is there a new article we can send to the charity centers?

I just go to donate at an area that does good things. This is a place I choose to donate. With the VA tile, the carpets and the upholstery it takes me 2 days, but the philosophy of a hand up not a hand out rings well with me, and their really nice people. They help with housing, food, clothing,drug and alcohol counseling, employment, family counseling, and other help ups. 75% of the money raised is invested for operations, 25% to salaries - nobody is getting rich there, they have great connections for food donations and are a strong asset to my community.

http://www.harvestproject.org/

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Willy this movement of "your's" got me started on all sorts of charitable works in my community as well as the RMHC cleaning around the country. Thank you!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No - Thank you and everybody that participates. It's just a small thing, but we help our communities out. The folks at the Harvest have put me on the donators wall, presented me with a nice plaque and had me speak at the volunteer's thank you breakfast. That's not why I do it there or at various other places, but I like to think I make their life a little healthier, cleaner and more pleasant to work in - by doing small things that ,well, get put on the back burner when the finances have to be stretched. It's not about the glory, it's just doing what's right. And it feels good too.

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom