2.5 Arrived.....

R

R W

Big Brown just dumped 2 big boxes in my drive from Greenglides. I'm heading up to the shop to mount the manifold on right now................

we'll see what it does for the Genesis 59.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
what other hardware did you get? are you running 4 to the door like everyone else uses?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Congrats, I cant wait for that day. Really don't know what i'm waiting for but i do need a reel and all probably at least $500. 4 to the door is getting old.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
did u put on the 2.5 yet? if you did how does it work?

R

R W

C&S said:
did u put on the 2.5 yet? if you did how does it work?

Yes....2.5 is on, and it makes a hell of a difference, even with the Genesis 59. Now it saves on fuel costs by running easier, and dries the carpet even faster. It is a little bit more of a hassle to unwind and move around, but it always stays near the truck.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
cool. so do you think that it trumps the 4 to the door?

Greenie

I'll say this, if you have a 59 blower and don't have 2.5" pumbing and 2.5" hose, what did you buy the big blower for? It's not funny how much difference there is.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Does 2.5 get better flow than 2X2 ?

I got a box from GG today. KMA Parflex and a stair tool glide. Hope to get a BIG box within the next few days with a Greenhorn in it.

Rex Tyus

It is a conversion from 2" vacuum hose to 2.5" hose. Greenie sells an upgrade port that makes life way easier. Depending how well your unit is plumbed internally it will probably be the best vac improvement for the money you can make. Do a search on the topic and you can read for days. When reading opinions on this topic I would caution you to notice the ones that have made the upgrade vs the ones that are simply guessing and talking out of their asses.

Farenheit251

LesterJ2, Most machines over 18 HP will have larger air plumbing than 2". Once you reduce it to 2" you create resistance and lose airflow. Replacing 2" w/ 2.5" gives you 1.625 more airflow causing less resistance over that length. Use it up to the point it becomes hard to work with(I run it 10-15' into the house then down to 2". Try running your machine with 50.100.150 feet of hose and see the lost airflow from resistance. 2.5" will reduce most of it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Lesterj2,

I use it on my butlers and really like it's performance. As has been mentioned, get ahold of Greenie and he will get you set up. You can give me a shout if you have more questions as well. I have 200 feet of 2.5 but typically only use 50 feet of it on a daily basis. I have the extra for some buildings I do with large hose runs. It does have a much better performance with 2.5. The extra is kept in the shop until I need it.

Mark Saiger

Mike Draper

my average run is 95' so I run 70' of 2.5" then go down to a 2" whip 25' long. However, I keep 120' of 2.5 on the reel just in case. Would never go back to 2" all the way.

Greenie

Awhile back I made the 2.5 Super Y, a few here have them, it was more of an experiment than anything (even did a 2.5" into 3"Y once), at the end of the day most guys wouldn't see enough of a difference to bother, a single 2.5" hose run and tank plumbing gives a lot of return on investment with reasonable hassle, I call it the sweet spot.

As for 4 to the door, we mostly have guys try that out if they already have twin vac ports on their system, since that will tell them how much "kick" they will get from the upgrade and many already have a 2" Y splitter in the garage somewhere.

Replacing the plastic tank fittings can do a lot for #4 and #5 blower guys. Same reason we make the "Vanifold" for #6 blower guys, it connects three 2" hoses to two 2.5" hoses, (or even ALL 2.5 on all 5 ports) makes a big difference on older Vortex/Aerotech machines, as the current ones come with 2.5 standard these days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom