2.5 hose

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Who has the best price on a 50 footer vacuum hose?

Rex Tyus

I don't know about the price question. But don't forget that 2.5" hose will be worthless without an intake upgrade. You will be amazed at the performance increase on that Cleanco. Seriously. It is shocking.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I respectfully disagree, Rex. By simply adding one section of 2.5 inch hose to my stock TCS unit, with it's "2 inch" tank opening that is really about 1-3/4 inches in diameter, I saw an improvement in the performance of my machine. Of course, adding a true 2.5 inch opening to my tank took it to a whole new level, and I recommend that, but he can just add the one section and notice a difference.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I will add the 2.5 port and keep a standard 2 inch port for short runs.

I didn't see any 2.5 at wintrax or dultmeires.

Mike Draper

It's always a good Idea to buy the cheap shit cuz it last 1/3 as long as the good stuff and then you can have the enjoyment of buying it twice and spending even more money to do it the right way the second time around... :roll: Just talk to Greenie and buy the good stuff! It'll last you forever. It doesn't wear out like solution line does.

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:
I respectfully disagree, Rex. By simply adding one section of 2.5 inch hose to my stock TCS unit, with it's "2 inch" tank opening that is really about 1-3/4 inches in diameter, I saw an improvement in the performance of my machine. Of course, adding a true 2.5 inch opening to my tank took it to a whole new level, and I recommend that, but he can just add the one section and notice a difference.

I see your point. However the cleanco 56 is maxing out its recommended lift capacity trying to feed that 56 blower through the puny little ridgid 2" 90. If he had to choose it would be better to use the sweeping 2.5" 90 and reduce down to 2" hose. A 56 driven by an AC clutch is wasting alot of cfm through the vac relief with the stock setting. That ridgid 2" 90 is a lift consumption device. The Cleanco 56 only has 10 to 12" to safely play with.

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:

I didn't see any 2.5 at wintrax or dultmeires.

Save yourself some time and money. Once you see the difference you will NOT EVER want to run that unit with a 2" hose run again. If you like just keep a short 25' section of 2.5" for the short runs. Get the 2 port 2.5" manifold. TRUST ME brother. I would not mislead you on this.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Is there any noticible difference between running a y coupler off of two standard hose ports and a 2.5 inch opening ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walrus said:

Jimbo, get the clean sweep 2.5 elbow from the Green trinket salesman.
Mount it to your waste tank lid if possible and watch Cleancold come ALIVE

buy a 2.5 ro 2" reducer from GreenJaun .
You need one anyway for the 2" whip.

we run a short piece (6-8ft) of 2.5" and 75ft of 2"
The adapter is used there.
For runs over 75ft, we run 50ft of 2.5 and use the adapter to connect at the end of 50

either way, you'll need an adapter...so get one to use with long or short runs

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

tman7 said:
Is there any noticible difference between running a y coupler off of two standard hose ports and a 2.5 inch opening ?

Not really. The 2.5" port is just easier to work with. Plus by the time you buy a 2 2" to 2.5" Y you could have just installed the 2.5" upgrade from the Green one

G

Cheapest route,get a y and just use another 50' of 2",you get more airflow,and contrary to some here,it is not real difficult to hook up another 50 footer.

Rex Tyus

K. P. said:
Cheapest route,get a y and just use another 50' of 2",you get more airflow,and contrary to some here,it is not real difficult to hook up another 50 footer.

It is not "difficult" it is just less efficient. The mathmatical advantage a 2 2" hose set up has is negated by the ridged 90s and the Y connection itself. There is no measureable difference with either set up. Unless you decide as many have to run 2.5" all the way into the home and use a 12' 2" lead hose. Then the 2.5" surpasses. But I don't won't to get sucked into this tired old debate.

Jimmy is just looking for the best place to buy his hose. The decision to upgrade appears to have been made.

G

Rex Tyus said:
[quote="K. P.":3p0iyqs4]Cheapest route,get a y and just use another 50' of 2",you get more airflow,and contrary to some here,it is not real difficult to hook up another 50 footer.

It is not "difficult" it is just less efficient. The mathmatical advantage a 2 2" hose set up has is negated by the ridged 90s and the Y connection itself. There is no measureable difference with either set up. Unless you decide as many have to run 2.5" all the way into the home and use a 12' 2" lead hose. Then the 2.5" surpasses. But I don't won't to get sucked into this tired old debate.

Jimmy is just looking for the best place to buy his hose. The decision to upgrade appears to have been made.[/quote:3p0iyqs4]
Jimmy is looking for the "cheapest" place to buy some hose,I gave him a cheap alternative with comparable results,and I am not Cooper,cause if I was I would call you D.A. and told you I was going to run 2 2" all the way with a 10" whip of 2" and Greenie sells trinkets and Mikey is gay and bla bla bla and on and on and on and f#$#@ing on.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tman7 said:

you mean like this???
100_2012.jpg

This is the tank set up i have....so just adding a 2.5" is not viable

100_1876.jpg

makes a HUGE difference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom