2.5" Upgrade North of the Border

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Does anyone know if 2.5" hose and associated fittings are available in Canada?

How about Parflex solution line?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
They do, just not sure how economical it would be to ship the big box of 2.5. Maybe it would fit in my suitcase on the way back from MF.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when I got 3" hose a few years back I couldn't find a supplier up here so I had to order from the US. As far as I know, no one is bringing these products affordably across so we have to do it ourselves.

The 2.5 (and 2") with the blue liner is what you want because of its flexibility. You won't find it up here unless someone ships it up. Best to bight the bullet, use UPS and split the shipping or if you can do what I do, find a shipping company that has a US address, have it shipped there, then they can ship it to you from there. Or ship it by US/Can Post and it will make it.

The bugger is that most stuff for cleaning is made in the US and we still have to pay a premium, even when our dollar is higher.

Bob Foster

I can help you get that stuff from Lisa and Greenie (GreenGlides) Even with the freight its cheaper to order from GG than deal with the local disties in Alberta. Most of the Canadian distributors will shake their heads at you and say "you've been listening to those bulletin board idiots again. " I bet there isn't 20 trucks in the whole country that run 2.5 and less than 1/4 of the trucks even have glides on their wands)

I use a forwarder in Blaine Washington called Sea Wings International that specializes in dealing with stuff like this.

My Judson distribution is not yet operating but I would be glad to help you through the process to get GreenGlides stuff to you. They might send it up through a similar setup in Coutts AB as I use in Blaine WA.

I think these people would work and also have a good Alberta transport connection. http://www.shelbyreload.com

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Thanks for the offer Bob. I may be driving out that way over the next few months, Dad lives in Comox and his health is failing. Flying out on Wed to spend 5 days with him.

I hear you when you talk about the distributors. I have to educate them on high performance tips I have learned from the boards. Words like Kunkle, Parflex, GG are Greek to these guys. Regardless I am really happy with Fibreclean in Edmonton and occasionally will order from Turnmore Sanitation (Bridgepoint Disty) in Calgary.

Who do you deal with out on the coast? Any American suppliers?

Bob Foster

I deal with American suppliers and a little with ACME and Wesclean in Victoria. Give me a call when your out this way. I am actually 4 hours south of Comox. Westjet flies directly into Comox but I am sure you know that.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
We will have to hitch up some time Bob. This will be my 4th trip out this year. WestJet is great, 5 minutes away from Dads.

Mikey P

Administrator
Now remember Bob.

Don't you dare try to make a profit from selling supplies. It's a sign you are truly evil if you dont give it to them at cost or less.

You dont want those southerners to start a whole new BB just about you know do you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom