2.5///X3

Name
Jeff T
1F32CF84-7B33-407D-BB39-B937D259644B.jpeg
1DAA5906-1C37-430F-9A2F-5D65D915E0D5.jpeg
my wife HATES the Anaconda.... me? @ 350’, vac like I’m @ 50......guy pulled a no show on me this morning. Had to find a sitter, convince the wife as to why I wanted help. Longer to set up, but the results were worth it.
Got a hug, AND an invite to the next company function. Must have done something right......

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Able 1
Name
Jeff T
Lots o' suck!
The last time I did this job(Mar. of this year), I wasn’t happy. I’ve been trying to tweak my system to get the most out of it. I believe ANY water left in the carpet, means soil left behind. Because of my new system, I was able to use 1/4 of the amount of chems, and achieve amazing dry times. I had my wife moving ahead of me, prespray with an electric, run the 17” Brushpro, and I was following up with the wanding. The building manager seems to really like my wife and myself, as she gave both of us a hug, and invited us to attend the next company charity function. Wish all the clients were this easy to deal with. Had a really great day yesterday. Only downfall? I blew out my lead hose. I made the mistake of pulling it down to the next level, and the door wedge didn’t hold, it got pinched under the door, and threshold..... bummer....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I did some testing couple years ago trying 5 to the door (two sections of 2.5 coming off my waste tank... It kind of pooched out my Butler.

Hose was essentially bigger than the blower. I felt it lost performance and definitely not as much heat from some missing back pressure.

I think 4 to the door for me might have had a slight improvement but I am finding my 2.5 set up to the door or into long hose runs best...

Now my next trick... Going to hook up 2.5 from 2 Butlers (hose off each Butler unit) and Y down to 2.5 for a short stretch then to my 2 inch.

I've just got to try it someday :)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
Interesting.... what size blower in the Butler? My Cleanco is a 47, and I was/am matching the size of the twin SS blower filter openings(it has twin filters). The hole size on the filters are 2.5. I ran for 250’ with solid connections.... so basically, I was running from the waste tank lid to the end of the hose, with no cuffs. All hose cuffs were Teflon taped on the hose, hose cuff, then electrical taped on..... NO AIR LOSS AT ALL..... the truck was suckin like a champ..... next big one coming up, I’m running pipe insulation on my solution hose for the first 100-150’..... that time of year, longer the hose run, the more heat loss.....

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Interesting.... what size blower in the Butler? My Cleanco is a 47, and I was/am matching the size of the twin SS blower filter openings(it has twin filters). The hole size on the filters are 2.5. I ran for 250’ with solid connections.... so basically, I was running from the waste tank lid to the end of the hose, with no cuffs. All hose cuffs were Teflon taped on the hose, hose cuff, then electrical taped on..... NO AIR LOSS AT ALL..... the truck was suckin like a champ..... next big one coming up, I’m running pipe insulation on my solution hose for the first 100-150’..... that time of year, longer the hose run, the more heat loss.....

47 tuthill for the blower....

Running cool cuffs...but I lost heat I think again because no enough back pressure on the blower...also just felt it might not have had the same amount of suction...

I will to try again someday though...

Name
Jeff T
Biggest loss of suction, in my opinion, is not from the end of the tool, it’s from EVERTHING behind it to the tank lid. Everytime I drink through a broken straw, that’s what I think about..... how do I put the blower in the room with me? How do I put my heat exchanger right beside it?.......

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
Biggest loss of suction, in my opinion, is not from the end of the tool, it’s from EVERTHING behind it to the tank lid. Everytime I drink through a broken straw, that’s what I think about..... how do I put the blower in the room with me? How do I put my heat exchanger right beside it?.......
About a year ago, I gave up the idea of swivel/cool cuffs..... I now run standard cuffs, thin, SS ‘links between the cuffs..... the standard plastic shyte restricts airflow to much. I am very happy with my system, as are my clients. I haven’t found significant heat loss at all...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Able 1

Name
Keith
This is an old one.. 200' of 2.5, 250' of 2".. Way better results then a porty..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hell, when I was starting out I would take it all!! Probably got $100 for that job! lmao There was a middle man with that account. Somehow I'm still in business..

Mikey P

Administrator
About a year ago, I gave up the idea of swivel/cool cuffs..... I now run standard cuffs, thin, SS ‘links between the cuffs..... the standard plastic shyte restricts airflow to much. I am very happy with my system, as are my clients. I haven’t found significant heat loss at all...

Where do you get the ss connectors?

Name
Jeff T
Where do you get the ss connectors?
All they are is SS chunks of thin wall pipe. They are 5 1/2” long. I know interlink sells them though. I had them cut when I had the waste tank lid, and the Y built. WAY better airflow. A wouldn’t think they make a difference, but I’m telling ya, I notice.

Name
Jeff T
All they are is SS chunks of thin wall pipe. They are 5 1/2” long. I know interlink sells them though. I had them cut when I had the waste tank lid, and the Y built. WAY better airflow. A wouldn’t think they make a difference, but I’m telling ya, I notice.
The other trick is to use Teflon thread tape on the hose, medium thick, before you put your cuff on the end. NO AIR LOSS....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom