2" Inline Filter Question

nickreal

Does anyone use those 2" inline filters? What about you guys running 2 1/2" hose, do you just use the in tank filter only? That thing is a PITA to clean. I like being able to clean the inline after each call and I'm curious about the 2 1/2" hose but it's kind of pointless if I run the same 2" filter.

Greenie

Jay is referring to the modified filter that Kevin and I came up with as a short term solution to a long term problem. The 2.5" barbs on the ends are epoxied in place and held with a metal nut, just use your same filter element and save a few bucks. I keep several of them on the shelf these days.

25PoolCutOut3.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
and for those who are hooked up with the cool cuffs...........

100_3747.jpg

100_3748.jpg

100_3749.jpg

100_3750.jpg

also drill holes in the bottom of the filter and I use knee highs to line it........easy change in between jobs and keeps the filter looking new..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jay DeLaughter said:
Xcuse me, greenie has them too. :wink:

just passing along some info...........no one know he has them unless he says so................not like I sell them...........

Greenie

remind me to give Jay the boot.:shock:

Jim, put your nylons over the outside of the stainless, and then flip the whole filter body around 180º, you won't change nylons but once every other month, the crap builds up outside the basket and you just brush the filter off and slam it back in, also runs longer without needing cleaning.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I just remember seeing them on cobbs website, I did not see them on the greenie website. But not everything you sell is on your website, So excuuuse me. :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
remind me to give Jay the boot.:shock:

Jim, put your nylons over the outside of the stainless, and then flip the whole filter body around 180º, you won't change nylons but once every other month, the crap builds up outside the basket and you just brush the filter off and slam it back in, also runs longer without needing cleaning.

I will give it a try ......Thanks

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I tried both ways and liked it best the way Jim currently has it. That crap grosses me out and I'm too lazy to put a glove on to brush it off. I'd rather grab the nylon carefully and pitch it after every job.

To each his own I guess.

asupremeclean

Jim, did you do the upgrade with the cool cuffs yourself? How did you do the other end. Could you post a pic of that. Or you could pm me with all the details.

It looks very clean.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes I made this myself...I cut both ends off of the pool filter so I had the flattest surface to work with....

then I took a 2 1/8 hole saw and centered it and drilled out both ends

on the lid end I used one of these and cut it down to a 1/4 inch before the lip

100_4114.jpg

on the other end .....I used on of these

100_4115.jpg

and once again cut it down to about a 1/4 inch before the lip so that their was not to much sticking into the filter but enough to get a good hold.....

Home depot has a clear liquid plastic weld that is some of the best stuff out there you could lift the Titanic with this stuff..........

what I did was mix it up and put it all around the 1/4 inch lip that I left on both pieces and insert them into the holes and then put some on the edges on both the out side and the inside...........let it set for 24 hours.........I made this a long time ago and it get hit/drug/dropped.and it has never leaked yet.....

It is really not that hard to make.......and it was like I gave my blower a inhaler and opened it up to breath........

Greenie

Pretty good for a high flow 2" filter.

Remind me to ask Jim about cool stuff when he actually makes it not months later.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:

Remind me to ask Jim about cool stuff when he actually makes it not months later.

Ya must of missed it................I posted pictures of that thing long time ago

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
Greenie said:

Ya must of missed it................I posted pictures of that thing long time ago

In this HP room?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
don't remember ...I think it was in the clean room ...........
but I do know it is like the 2nd or 3rd time I have posted them.....

John Watson

I was able to buy from JonDon a perforated stainless insert instead of the stainless mesh basket. Don't know if it is just me but running it backassward even with the holes drilled in the bottom the brand new mesh one collapsed the first day I used it.. The stainless unit works great in either direction. Got to order a new unit, ours dropped out of truck and the top lid is all spider web cracked. Still works, but looks hokey. We used to wipe our knee high with a toilet brush after every job and replace every week. But Walmart sells them 4 pairs for a buck which works out to .12 1/2 each plus tax.. We now change after every job. Some clients are really interested in what we remove from their carpets after the careful vacuuming we do so we show them what we captured!!!!!

Greenie

John Watson said:
I was able to buy from JonDon a perforated stainless insert instead of the stainless mesh basket. Don't know if it is just me but running it backassward even with the holes drilled in the bottom the brand new mesh one collapsed the first day I used it.. The stainless unit works great in either direction. Got to order a new unit, ours dropped out of truck and the top lid is all spider web cracked. Still works, but looks hokey. We used to wipe our knee high with a toilet brush after every job and replace every week. But Walmart sells them 4 pairs for a buck which works out to .12 1/2 each plus tax.. We now change after every job. Some clients are really interested in what we remove from their carpets after the careful vacuuming we do so we show them what we captured!!!!!

The only way I've ever seen the mesh version collapse was when it was really dirty ie: no airflow...so the lift of the truck buckled it.
I have both filter element designs here in the shop, the perforated sheet version (Jon-Don) is easier to clean, but definitely has reduced airflow.

John, when you flipped yours around, did you put the knee high around the outside of the mesh and pull it tight?

John Watson

Yup that's how we did it. And your right about why it collapsed. Every now and again we run across carpets that even after careful vacuuming we find they still have a ton of fine lint like substances that the hole glide rinses away and will coat the knee high evenly from top to bottom.

The first time this happened and we collapsed the filter mesh I thought we must not have cleaned it before the job and I did not have the 1/2 inch holes drilled in the bottom. Hence I ordered a new filter, first day, even after drilling it looked like the old filter that was at least 3-4 yrs old. What a bummer. So I ordered the solid one from JonDon. The new revised version of filter housing I am going to do will have the cool cuff male inserted on each end and I will make a 12 in section of 2" hose with a Female on each end for an adapter so I could use the filter in either direction. I like what Jim Martin is doing and with changing the little knee high baggie after every job keeps it neat and tidy. Also I can straighten the Mesh one back out and use them Cause I wants mo flo....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom