2" Ninja Connection

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Anyone swapped the 1.5" port on the Ninja for a 2" port and used 2" vac hoses? Looking at doing this so I can use it as a backup with the same hoses. It is a 2 x 2 stage though, so maybe not powerful enough?

Greenie

It's still a 100 cfm machine, but my guess is it would help some.

I've not done the 2" personally on such a machine, but I know one fellow who post here who has a prochem porty that was 2" from the factory but it was always set up with 1.5" vac hose, so he swapped out hoses, so maybe he'll chime in.

I did do a test on a small single three stage machine, and I used a 2" wand with it on 25' of 1.5" hose to see if it helped, it was too much trouble to replumb it 2" at the tank.
It actually performed better on a 1.5" wand at 25' than it did on a 2", so my conclusion was there are some limits when you have limited vacuum to work with.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Mate unless it's going to make a huge difference I won't even bother. Hopefully I'll use the thing as little as possible anyway. Seems to have okay suck as it is.

Name
Eric Valentine
Greenie said:
It's still a 100 cfm machine, but my guess is it would help some.

I've not done the 2" personally on such a machine, but I know one fellow who post here who has a prochem porty that was 2" from the factory but it was always set up with 1.5" vac hose, so he swapped out hoses, so maybe he'll chime in.

I am that fellow. At 50' of 2 inch vac hose to a 1.5" wand with a hole glide, I can hear the air flowing through the glide over the noise of the portable. This is when I am about 10' from the porty. I usually use a 15' tapered "cobra" hose to reduce it to 1.5" gradually. I did notice a little more vacuum using just the 2" hose.

A few days ago I used the 35' of 1.5" pool vacuum hose that came with the porty when I purchased it again, and there was a noticeable decrease in vacuum over using the 65' (50' of 2", and the 15' cobra hose). Not a lot less, but enough to be noticeable. For some reason, I didn't want to lug in the 2" hose to do 2 bedrooms. The 1.5" was more work to use, as I had to add at least one more dry stroke.

I think I will try just the 15' cobra hose on a room, and see what happens. I think that it will be a little better than the 50' of 2 inch in the vacuum department, but not very usable only being 15 feet long.

Name
Eric Valentine
I got it about 2 weeks before Connections last year. My truckmount is sitting in Les Jone's shop right now (Judson TNT), waiting to be gone over and shipped to me.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Heathrow;

We've installed a few 2" Inlets on Ninjas.

Most of them were two 3-stage models to be used @ 100-150 ft with 2" hose.

I would add 3-stage vacs first.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom