2002 Vortex lower heat exchanger needed

cpoole

This isn't something thats laying around the shop but I figure it can't hurt to ask. My unit has a small crack in it but I can't seem to find out which tube it is so I need to order one. Thought I would check to see if someone has a repaired one or new. Once I get the new one install I'm going to open up the crack one to see if I can reapir it but I don't have time right now. Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
you should call john at johns custom machine and he will want you to ship him your cracked on and he will zerox it and send you a new one.

cpoole

Thanks guys I called John and Areo Tech. They were both very helpful. Areo Tech has one in stock.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That where I got all my parts....when mine took a dump....

100_4055-1.jpg

cpoole

Guys thanks again for all your help with the great info. I cut the back end off where the 90 goes to the divertor and threw it in the lake, found a small crack by the rod at the top so I wieded it up and no more leaks so far. I have some pics but it says ( sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. )

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
so did you end up ordering a new one? or you just going to hope that one doesnt leak?

if you did order a new one what did it set you back?

cpoole

No thankfully I didn't order a new one but they were $1,100 plus frieght. The unit was made in 2007 so it was just replaced before I bought the truck. Its not the tube so it will last a while.
Once I figure out how to add pics I will share them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom